anyone do Japanese ? (1 Viewer)

Julie Y

HSC
hey ~ anyone do Japanese continuers/languages ?
if u do....
can u suggest me some textbooks available in shops based on the Japanese language ?

Thank you !
(it's just that... teacher dont teach us a lot on complicated japanese :argue:grammar)

domoku

HSC
at my school we used the wakatta textbooks and they had a good amount of extra vocabulary at the beginning of each chapter/topic. although im not sure if you would call it 'complicated grammar', but its definitely very helpful for having a larger variety of vocab to use and understand... so go check it out! i def recommend it and you should be able to find it in dymocks or any textbook store~

muzeikchun852

HSC
Biggest regret= NOT PICKING JAPANESE CONTINUERS"cries in a corner" :burn::cry:
how is it picking japanese continuers is a biggest regret? is the BEST subject available in HSC! :D:D

anyway back to the question:
textbook like wakatta and mirai is quite good and im using both myself. i think wakatta is one of the best in explaining but the exercise there is too simple. mirai is all right with explaining but they have variety of exercise to practice. the combination of two is all u need i think.

mioumiou

HSC
how is it picking japanese continuers is a biggest regret? is the BEST subject available in HSC! :D:D

textbook like wakatta and mirai is quite good and im using both myself. i think wakatta is one of the best in explaining but the exercise there is too simple. mirai is all right with explaining but they have variety of exercise to practice. the combination of two is all u need i think.
+1 Japanese is one of the BEST subject ever!!! :D
We used the textbook called Hai, Ima! for basic revisions for the first term and we'll move on to Wakatta!

allira92

HSC

kyokaku92 said that his biggest regret was NOT picking japanese, ie he wishes he did.
we use Wakatta as a text book then we have some sheets etc from Mirai and sometimes use Excel

Last edited:

Kanane

HSC
N/A
Yay for Japanese Continuers ^__^~
At school we use Wakatta! textbooks and occasionally Mirai. I like Wakatta! though as its easy to understand

kyokaku92

HSC

I swear some people have trouble reading "Engrish!!"

muzeikchun852

HSC
Mate, I did Japanese as an elective from yrs 8-10 (Used Mirai as a text) so I have learnt some of the language.
oh mate. if u can read, the OP actually asked who did Japanese Continuers. if i remembered wat i did in my junior years, there is no course called japanese continuers.

kyokaku92

HSC
I'm well aware of that and please tone down your aggression, it's very unnecessary. And I do believe the op also asked about textbooks.

To op: This is based from my friend who does Japanese Cont/Ext
- for grammar: use Mirai
- for exercises: use Wakatta ;)

muzeikchun852

HSC
I'm well aware of that and please tone down your aggression, it's very unnecessary. And I do believe the op also asked about textbooks.

since u are assuming that im aggressive, thats fine with me, wateva suit u to get to ur point of excuses. but at the end, i hope OP can benfit from the comment.

Last edited:

Julie Y

HSC

ok thanks !

Julie Y

HSC

heya thanks a lot for the suggestions!!
i should be looking through mirai and wwakatta ~
yea im using wakatta atm & its too basic

mioumiou

HSC
I know this question is a bit off the topic but our school is using the Hai, Ima! book and we'll move on to the Wakatta! book. Our school only provides us the textbook, which means we have to get the workbooks ourselves. Do you think it's a good idea to buy the Mirai textbook (or should I also get the workbook?)

For the listening exercise, how did you guys practice that? Most people recommended watching the anime, listen to Japanese songs and Japanese news. But is it better if I purchase the CDs for the textbooks (like Wakatta and Mirai)? But the only problem is that they cost about $220.

muzeikchun852

HSC
I know this question is a bit off the topic but our school is using the Hai, Ima! book and we'll move on to the Wakatta! book. Our school only provides us the textbook, which means we have to get the workbooks ourselves. Do you think it's a good idea to buy the Mirai textbook (or should I also get the workbook?)
depend on wat kind of situation are u in. if u are going to the workbook at school during class, i suggest u to buy wakatta. but if u only do the workbook for ur own personal practice and references, i think u should buy mirai, becoz i personally think they have better exercise than the dull wakatta.

For the listening exercise, how did you guys practice that? Most people recommended watching the anime, listen to Japanese songs and Japanese news. But is it better if I purchase the CDs for the textbooks (like Wakatta and Mirai)? But the only problem is that they cost about $220.
im only of those kid whos really bad with listening. and i tried every possible method to improve my listening skill. watching anime and listen to japanese songs are no use. i think more practice of the listening exercise actually work for me.

But is it better if I purchase the CDs for the textbooks (like Wakatta and Mirai)? But the only problem is that they cost about $220.
i presumed u doing japanese continuers right? do u have any problem read hiragana and katakana? if u dont, i suggest u dont buy the cd. is kind of waste of money. trust me, i brought a lot of disc to improve my japanese. but when u repeated the disc a few times, u started to get bored of the speakers' voice.

but if there is a workbook with a disc that provide listening task and is not too expensive, buy that. it worths a lot more.

mioumiou

HSC
depend on wat kind of situation are u in. if u are going to the workbook at school during class, i suggest u to buy wakatta. but if u only do the workbook for ur own personal practice and references, i think u should buy mirai, becoz i personally think they have better exercise than the dull wakatta.
Our school didn't tell us to buy any workbooks which means we have to buy them ourselves. But he'll copy some exercises for us, so do you think it's a good idea to get the Wakatta workbook?

I might buy mirai workbooks but does it means that I have to buy both textbook and the workbook? (for personal practice)

im only of those kid whos really bad with listening. and i tried every possible method to improve my listening skill. watching anime and listen to japanese songs are no use. i think more practice of the listening exercise actually work for me.
I'm in the similar situation except, I can't watch any amine or japanese drama cuz I don't have that much time and my parents sort of wanting me to concentrate ONLY at my school work.

i presumed u doing japanese continuers right? do u have any problem read hiragana and katakana? if u dont, i suggest u dont buy the cd. is kind of waste of money. trust me, i brought a lot of disc to improve my japanese. but when u repeated the disc a few times, u started to get bored of the speakers' voice.

but if there is a workbook with a disc that provide listening task and is not too expensive, buy that. it worths a lot more.
Yes, I'm doing Japanese Continuers and I can read hiragana, Katakana, and some Kanjis (about 50 of them).
:haha: I suggest that those speakers should add some more enthusiasm in those cds.

For most of the Japanese Textbooks:
- A textbook cost about $50+
- Workbook cost about $30+
- The CDs cost about $220

We have to buy them separately. :cry:

muzeikchun852

HSC
Our school didn't tell us to buy any workbooks which means we have to buy them ourselves. But he'll copy some exercises for us, so do you think it's a good idea to get the Wakatta workbook?

I might buy mirai workbooks but does it means that I have to buy both textbook and the workbook? (for personal practice)

For most of the Japanese Textbooks:
- A textbook cost about $50+
- Workbook cost about $30+
- The CDs cost about $220
i think wakatta and mirai have a similar content, but they maybe some differences between chapter to chapter. if u wanna improve ur reading and writing, buy the workbook. but if u asking me that which workbook is better to buy, i personally think doesnt really matter. both of these book is designed to prvoide textbook for HSC student, so i dont think it will a huge difference between the two.

but if u wanna improve ur listening ability in japanese and the CD costs that much, i will suggest u save some money. as foreigner like us, theres always difficulty to listen and understand straight away wats the speaker is talking about. and since u have school listening exercise, dont waste ur money to buy a 220 cd + 30 bucks workbook just for ur personal practice. i dont think is worth it.

:haha: I suggest that those speakers should add some more enthusiasm in those cds.
+1 to that comment! :D:D

mioumiou

HSC
i think wakatta and mirai have a similar content, but they maybe some differences between chapter to chapter. if u wanna improve ur reading and writing, buy the workbook. but if u asking me that which workbook is better to buy, i personally think doesnt really matter. both of these book is designed to prvoide textbook for HSC student, so i dont think it will a huge difference between the two.

but if u wanna improve ur listening ability in japanese and the CD costs that much, i will suggest u save some money. as foreigner like us, theres always difficulty to listen and understand straight away wats the speaker is talking about. and since u have school listening exercise, dont waste ur money to buy a 220 cd + 30 bucks workbook just for ur personal practice. i dont think is worth it.

+1 to that comment! :D:D
Thanks for the advice and thanks for the comments. =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)