Any Radiohead fans here? (1 Viewer)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by Ish
Good for them, they might be artistic geniouses.
Machine Gun Fellatio pulled off a hair clipper solo, it worked, it was funny and sounded great too.
hahaha their new album is funny... that "let me be your dirty f*cking whore" song kicks.

F.O.B.

Originally posted by Ish

I Partially agree, Radiohead's first 3 albums were awesome, though there newer more electronica stuff is also quite good. Ok compuetr is the best though.

I agree comply that the best band of the moment is the Strokes, though I also love Phantom planet and the Vines at the moment. I can't say I've heard Nick drake. whats that like?
Nick Drake music's like strolling through the park at dusk, hand in hand with the girl of your dreams as autumn leaves crunch underfoot, on the day you recieve a UAI of 99.95. (I'd imagine)

You should try it ;)

HSC
Originally posted by Alex
Ish regarding the definition of music, if you think it is music than it is music to 'you'. Because music is defined as the organisation of sounds and if you think that the scrap metal is organised, than by all means you may call it 'music'.

If anyone here thinks I am an arrogant, ignorant bastard, I don't blame you. I would if I were looking from the outside. The point being it is just a viewpoint I hold and nothing personal against anyone. Just to say, one of my fav. songs of all genres is 'Killing in the name of', so you cant call me one eyed.
How many Radiohead songs have you heard again?

Yazbeck you're a musician, I thought you'd be more open-minded about music...

Alex

Kent, I enjoy all genres of music, I am not one eyed. If there is a song which you can tell me which Radiohead has that DOES have good musical qualities about it than you will disprove my current thoughts, until then, I have heard no Radiohead song (ive heard about 3 or 4) that I can say are good pieces of music.

Don't give me that techno drum and bass argument because trust me, classical music and trance/dance music (the good ones) can take equal legnth of time to compose (equal legnth pieces) and they are not just a simple cut and paste job of drums and a melody although I do agree there are wanks out there who think they are all fabulous dj's and get a unliscensed beat and add some melody and a bass line. If you composed music you too would understand.....

HSC
Kent, I enjoy all genres of music, I am not one eyed. If there is a song which you can tell me which Radiohead has that DOES have good musical qualities about it than you will disprove my current thoughts, until then, I have heard no Radiohead song (ive heard about 3 or 4) that I can say are good pieces of music.

Don't give me that techno drum and bass argument because trust me, classical music and trance/dance music (the good ones) can take equal legnth of time to compose (equal legnth pieces) and they are not just a simple cut and paste job of drums and a melody although I do agree there are wanks out there who think they are all fabulous dj's and get a unliscensed beat and add some melody and a bass line. If you composed music you too would understand.....
The one that I told you to d/l "The National Anthem" is a very good song. It probably sounds a bit 'random' a first, but you its not one of those instantly accessible songs and you didn't really give it a chance, seeing as you listened to it once. The "Jazzy" bits that you didn't like are exactly the type of music modern Jazz artists are experiementing with actually.

If you want to give them another try, I suggest:
"How to Disappear Completely"
"Paranoid Android"
"Pyramid Song
"Everything in its Right Place"

BTW what Radiohead songs have you heard apart from "The National Anthem", just curious....

Alex

Kent, do you seriously think I would bother to remember titles. I have heard them on the radio and when you bring it to school on the odd occassion before.

I'll give em a go and download em. Ill give you my personal rundown on them.

HSC
Kent, do you seriously think I would bother to remember titles. I have heard them on the radio and when you bring it to school on the odd occassion before.

I'll give em a go and download em. Ill give you my personal rundown on them.
Just asking, in case ya do

Ok...
thats cool

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
ok.

yazbeck, kent, you two seem to know each other in real life.

kent, lend yazbeck all your radiohead cd's.

yazbeck, get kent to lend you all his radiohead cd's.

over the course of a week of so, sit down and listen to all of them. twice through. at least.

THEN proceed to say whatever you want about them.

HSC
Originally posted by saladsugery
ok.

yazbeck, kent, you two seem to know each other in real life.

kent, lend yazbeck all your radiohead cd's.

yazbeck, get kent to lend you all his radiohead cd's.

over the course of a week of so, sit down and listen to all of them. twice through. at least.

THEN proceed to say whatever you want about them.
hm... nice suggestion
but I can't bare to not have my Radiohead CDs away from me :D

I'll see if he likes the tracks

Yeah he's a friend of mine...

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
:) It's a wonder why I can't seem to find anyone from school who likes Radiohead whilst they have a large fans.
I'm still liking Creep a lot. Idioteque's good as well. Damn, make it all their songs.

On a quite different note, anyone like Belle and Sebastian?:rolleyes:

HSC
Originally posted by Ollz San
:) It's a wonder why I can't seem to find anyone from school who likes Radiohead whilst they have a large fans.
I'm still liking Creep a lot. Idioteque's good as well. Damn, make it all their songs.

On a quite different note, anyone like Belle and Sebastian?:rolleyes:
Never actually heard any of their stuff...
What are they like?
and what tracks would you recommend?

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
Oh, I'm not sure if I'd say they're like Radiohead. B & S are more to the indiepop side I guess. But I figured anyone who likes Radiohead would be open minded enough to give them a try :D

I'd recommend all of their tracks. :rolleyes:
But the first track from them that I listened to was "Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying" (long title...).
"The Chalet Lines" is a really really sad song. You can almost get the Radiohead "mellow" vibe from that song but I reckon Thom Yorke's voice is more dramatic.
You can also try "The Model".

IMO, I think they're quite brilliant. Subtle I'd say, definitely.

Oh, and their lyrics. Can't miss them as well. :D

Last edited:

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
this "long shot" of a thread has reached four pages...
i think this post may push it to five...

go you good thread, go!!

---edit---

dammit, still on 4.

boycalledfox

whoa cool, radiohead was not necessarily a long shot, they are possibly one of the most well known bands on earth. whats cool is that you mentioned sigur ros, GYBE, autechre etc cus i've been obsessed with those bands recently. sigur ros gives me nice dreams.

HSC
Oh, I'm not sure if I'd say they're like Radiohead. B & S are more to the indiepop side I guess. But I figured anyone who likes Radiohead would be open minded enough to give them a try :D

I'd recommend all of their tracks. :rolleyes:
But the first track from them that I listened to was "Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying" (long title...).
"The Chalet Lines" is a really really sad song. You can almost get the Radiohead "mellow" vibe from that song but I reckon Thom Yorke's voice is more dramatic.
You can also try "The Model".

IMO, I think they're quite brilliant. Subtle I'd say, definitely.

Oh, and their lyrics. Can't miss them as well. :D
Okies I download "Get me Away..."

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
Originally posted by boycalledfox
whoa cool, radiohead was not necessarily a long shot, they are possibly one of the most well known bands on earth. whats cool is that you mentioned sigur ros, GYBE, autechre etc cus i've been obsessed with those bands recently. sigur ros gives me nice dreams.
:D lol.
Maybe I should try cure my insomniac with Sigur Ros. I don't have them on CD though.

And oh mercurydrinker, let me know what you think of Belle & Sebastian. Just curious. :)

As a general question here, what do you guys use to download MP3? I used to use Audiogalaxy but they're kinda dead now...so I resort to WinMX but it's not as efficient IMO.

HSC

:D lol.
Maybe I should try cure my insomniac with Sigur Ros. I don't have them on CD though.

And oh mercurydrinker, let me know what you think of Belle & Sebastian. Just curious. :)

As a general question here, what do you guys use to download MP3? I used to use Audiogalaxy but they're kinda dead now...so I resort to WinMX but it's not as efficient IMO.
I've heard the one song so far... They're good, I'll have to d/l a few more to see...

If you want to d/l stuff the best thing to use is "KaZaA Lite" (Don't get regular KaZaA, cos that has adware and spyware in it), theres a good selection of songs, the interface is good and you can find videos and images as well...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)