Any Radiohead fans here? (1 Viewer)

Alex

Kent, (Mercury), Get over your frickin radiohead and dont post that crap on these boards unless you want it deleted. Whether they have explored new ideas or there are more 'weird' bands out there is quite irrelevant as they are still a shoddy and definitively permanently high group.

No offence but when you talk about Radiohead experementing with Jazz, Ambience and Dance it is by no means evident with my fact supported by your extreme musical know-how (If I was speaking this sentence I would have said it in a sarcastic tone, note the word 'sarcastic'). Secondly, experementing (in your opinion "not mine") with these genres has been quite unsuccesful because it sounds like my brother has just got a xylophone and decided to make it his new drum set along with the spanish maracas on the side. Its just sooooo lost and unpredictable thats it is predictable, so please stop pushing this rubbish you entitle 'music' as the true definition of music is an organised assortment of sounds WHICH RADIOHEAD DOESNT FIT IN TO.

HSC
Originally posted by Alex
Kent, (Mercury), Get over your frickin radiohead and dont post that crap on these boards unless you want it deleted. Whether they have explored new ideas or there are more 'weird' bands out there is quite irrelevant as they are still a shoddy and definitively permanently high group.

No offence but when you talk about Radiohead experementing with Jazz, Ambience and Dance it is by no means evident with my fact supported by your extreme musical know-how (If I was speaking this sentence I would have said it in a sarcastic tone, note the word 'sarcastic'). Secondly, experementing (in your opinion "not mine") with these genres has been quite unsuccesful because it sounds like my brother has just got a xylophone and decided to make it his new drum set along with the spanish maracas on the side. Its just sooooo lost and unpredictable thats it is predictable, so please stop pushing this rubbish you entitle 'music' as the true definition of music is an organised assortment of sounds WHICH RADIOHEAD DOESNT FIT IN TO.
Yazbeck, seeing as many people responded to my post I feel that it has a place here. Hell its up to page two, which is more than 80% of the threads in this entire msg board.

You have heard a total of ONE Radiohead song EVER. Its not as experimental or that "unpredictable that its predictable" that you think it is. Believe it or not the songs have a pretty ordered structure, some songs still have choruses and the like. The song you heard is not random sounds, its very ORGANISED, there is the bass riff the drums which remain in the same time signature. The Jazz section also happens to be what Jazz musicians are experimenting with right now. In fact they got professional Jazz musicians to play it.

They're still a pop band, they're not making noise art or some other avant garde stuff, so they still follow basic pop sensibilities. And also they have three albums that can be classfied as rock or brit pop or alternative rock, which isn't 'experimental' at all.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC

damn. who's the music nazi today then, kiddies?

get over your frickin dislike of radiohead and don't just go crazy because you're a pretty little... sorry, sooper dooper mod.

i can see how others may dislike radiohead... but you don't need to slam them so hard unless you want their supporters to bite you back. and radiohead aren't unpopular. perhaps ot supergroup popular, but international popular, and they're still going strong into their third decade. the number of websites, crazy people who have all their releases ever and then some more, concert bootlegs and so on is a testament to that.

"No offence but... please stop pushing this rubbish you entitle 'music'"

offended. I may go and cry in my corner now (If I was speaking this sentence I would have said it in a sarcastic tone, note the word 'sarcastic').

---edit---
another point: i think hunting bears is the saddest song ever.

Last edited:

Alex

Salad sorry to dissapoint you but Radiohead has been a center of constant debate between Kent my good pal and myself over the years, so do not take is so hurtfully, only Kent is allowed to do that :p

HSC
Salad sorry to dissapoint you but Radiohead has been a center of constant debate between Kent my good pal and myself over the years, so do not take is so hurtfully, only Kent is allowed to do that :p
Oi!

Lets continue the debate!

HSC
Lets, Radiohead are lost mofo's with their heads cut off!!!!!
You are a frickin' GENIUS!!!

edit: yeah, what is wrong with being permanently high?

pi

Yes, Radiohead are great. Easily my favourite band.

I also like Tool and to some extent Sigur Ros and Smashing Pumpkins, but not Autechre.

halo_fourteen

Yep, I love Radiohead. My favourite ablum though is The Bends. Don't really know why... just think it has more good songs on it I suppose.

They are definately a band I love. And yes, I saw the Kid A thing too. Scared the shit out of me actually.

Alex

Because they all are a joke and should not be classified as music but rather as a bunch of objects dropped from a 62nd floor recorded hitting a truck full od metal scraps.

HSC
Because they all are a joke and should not be classified as music but rather as a bunch of objects dropped from a 62nd floor recorded hitting a truck full od metal scraps.
How many tracks have you heard again?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
this has made me want to hear their music even more!!! thankyou for the inspiration. :) :) :)

this is a serious comment, by the way.

Ish

Originally posted by mausolus
hmmm Radiohead, I liked their first three albums but then they started dabbling in weird techno, shame. Maybe they just ran out of songs and decided to do in "new directions" to cover up their lack of ideas, then again maybe it's cos i have no patitince to actually sit down and try to understand the songs. but they're just so fucking weird
i think the best band at the moment has to be the strokes and my fave album is Nick Drake's "Bryter Later"

I Partially agree, Radiohead's first 3 albums were awesome, though there newer more electronica stuff is also quite good. Ok compuetr is the best though.

I agree comply that the best band of the moment is the Strokes, though I also love Phantom planet and the Vines at the moment. I can't say I've heard Nick drake. whats that like?

Ish

Mate Why not drop in another cliche
(Oh, thats sarcasm by the way too)
Your brother must be pretty talented.
We live in an artistically post-modern world, there is no one all defining definition of "music" so I don't know where you pulled that one from. Music lost its traditional order when Jazz and rock emerged. anyway who wants predictable music, I am sure you listen to more than classical music.

Ish

Good for them, they might be artistic geniouses.
Machine Gun Fellatio pulled off a hair clipper solo, it worked, it was funny and sounded great too.

You Might be Wrong.

Alex

Ish regarding the definition of music, if you think it is music than it is music to 'you'. Because music is defined as the organisation of sounds and if you think that the scrap metal is organised, than by all means you may call it 'music'.

If anyone here thinks I am an arrogant, ignorant bastard, I don't blame you. I would if I were looking from the outside. The point being it is just a viewpoint I hold and nothing personal against anyone. Just to say, one of my fav. songs of all genres is 'Killing in the name of', so you cant call me one eyed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)