any changes in syllabus for 2008? (1 Viewer)

Feeling Wind

HSC
im turning yr 11, just wondering is there any renew in syllabus for 2008?
i've looked at the syllabus at board of studies but some are updated in 1999 (the english one).

if there is any change, when will it be released?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Feeling Wind said:
im turning yr 11, just wondering is there any renew in syllabus for 2008?
i've looked at the syllabus at board of studies but some are updated in 1999 (the english one).

if there is any change, when will it be released?
You mean 'I'm going to year 11 next year' lol np :D. Yes I would like to know as well. Will the syllabus for each subject be changed at all? Or will the syllabus remain the same for all subjects? There probably may be some minor changes such as an updated syllabus but I just don't know...

Feeling Wind

HSC
Razizi said:
You mean 'I'm going to year 11 next year' lol np :D. Yes I would like to know as well. Will the syllabus for each subject be changed at all? Or will the syllabus remain the same for all subjects? There probably may be some minor changes such as an updated syllabus but I just don't know...
yes, i mean that... we have three subjects in common, chem, physics and maths 3U

what i actually wanna know is the chem & physics ones

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The last time they updated the History syllabi the new ones had been posted by now along with the old ones.

As far as I know there are no changes to subjects taught at my school but I think the texts are changing for English for the HSC for next years Year 12 so that would mean no change for Year 11 to what is up there.

Check with your teachers as they would be wel and truly aware of any changes by now as they would be implementing them.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Wasn't the Biology syllabus changing next year or something?

marxisming

HSC
i know for a fact that there is a change to the English Syllabus, which totally sucks cuz i wont be able to use previous notes from other years. My teacher showed me the new english syllabus during subject selection (teachers get an early release on HSC Syllabus) i don't think i was allowed to see it, but anyways...I cant recall that much- but the texts have totally changed, and i dnt think theres any journeys in the new syllabus?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
No there isn't marxisming, it is "PoweR" or something if I recall correctly.

Year to year, syllabuses change minutely, specially for content subjects like history/sciences. Not much of a change, they wont make a completely new syllabus anytime soon for these sbujects.

maths, who cares, maths = win.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
No there isn't marxisming, it is "PoweR" or something if I recall correctly.

Year to year, syllabuses change minutely, specially for content subjects like history/sciences. Not much of a change, they wont make a completely new syllabus anytime soon for these sbujects.

maths, who cares, maths = win.
The History syllabi were redone in 2005 (first examined in 2006) and won't change again for 5 or so years. We don't get minor changes on a year to year basis.

If a new syllabus is being introduced in a subject it should be on the BOS website and there would never be a problem showing a kid the knew syllabus. These documents aren't state secrets or anything. Even the discussion papers, when a syllabus is being redone, are usually posted on the BOS website for anyone to read and comment.

cs01001

HSC
Yeah, Joruney has switched over to Belonging!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Though 09ers won't have access to the wide array of past papers and resources for their AoS :)

-mz-u-wsh-

Cara Lee
HSC
as someone said.. year 12 journeys are being changed to journeys.. which means the year 11 english syllubus will be amended abit!

bored of sc

HSC
an english teacher (a good one) at my school said it is better to get new texts for hsc english as the first people to do them get more 'general' essay questions (so he said) because they haven't been examined ever before

so that's good for us!

and yeah, its good to get new texts so we can make our own meaning from them, not using notes from other years (i know i sound crazy but i like getting my own meaning from stuff, not being spoon-fed info)

oh! this might be a bit of a non-sequitor but I think the english school certificate multiple choice is unfair as we are always told to find our own meaning in the texts so technically, all answers could are correct if justified (but you can't justify in MC)

I've no idea about changing syllabi but it would be great to have new english texts and topics (good ones hopefully)

Feeling Wind

HSC
English syllabus

i found English hard to learn and i have no idea how to get a good mark or full mark actually.

i have read the English syllabus, i have no idea what its talking about. heaps of contents are there, how can the teachers teach all of it in 3 terms ?

i know experienced teachers can, but what about the general teachers?

i wanna know how your teaches teach Englsh. Do they demonstrate to the syllabus always?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
So at the moment, there is no point in downloading the syllabus for english right? If there isn't, when will the new syllabus be released of the topic 'Power?'

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The BOS website for HSC syllabuses has the new content on their for English under headings such as Syllabus updated July 2007 and in the next column Support Materials 2009 - 2012.

Why would teachers need the syllabus demonstrated? Reading a syllabus is part of our training. There are guidelines for timing e.g. 120 indicative hours tells us how many hours we should need to teach the course and then the different topics have a weigting which should reflect the amount of time spent e.g. a topic worth 25% should then get 30 hours of teaching time.

A new teacher teaching for the first time would have a more experienced teacher checking on their progress timewise to ensure that they get through the course.

Y

yeartenno

well teachers from my school told us that the sc this year would be only the year 10 syllabus
whereas previous years had to study parts of the year 9 syllabus

well thats what i heard :D

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
yeartenno said:
well teachers from my school told us that the sc this year would be only the year 10 syllabus
whereas previous years had to study parts of the year 9 syllabus

well thats what i heard :D
SC is a two year course

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)