American Idol and Autralian Idol (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
How did my thread suddenly turned into a seven pages long intense battle between narrator and ssj_goku?

MUS2

how about you provide some evidence for your arguments??? huh? huh? if you think the facts narrator has provided are irrelevant why do you want to know where there from? now you give something you fat idiot.
i have to go now i have a CD to record at Sony Music Studios...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Survivor39
How did my thread suddenly turned into a seven pages long intense battle between narrator and ssj_goku?
these things happen

ssj_goku

MUS2, if you're going to keep butting in incessently, then at least have the courtesy to include pirates/ninjas/vampires in your posts. I wanted to know where they came from simply because I was curious, and I wanted to see the level of bias (you probably learnt about it in history). However, I do still assert that they're actually irrelevant. Remember, the point I just made was that the facts aren't actually out yet, so how can anyone present them? However, here are some just to assuage your endless rage. As you may know, I happen to know the owners of Sony Music and Channel 10. I asked them about this and they said that their market research indicated that the Australian Idol winner will do better than the Autralian Stars winner, and attributed this to the element of cost in the voting process. They also said that 9/10 consumers find the two of you very annoying. Don't bother asking them about this, as I know them in my capacity as a secret agent, so they'll just deny the conversation ever happened. Now the question is, was I just telling the truth in that last bit or not? Which reality will you construct for yourself narrator?

MUS2

clearly you don't know that the companies responsible are Warner, FMG, and BMG. Sony have had absolutely no involvement. Good for you for talking to them. But as they didn't sell any of those or future discs then they really don't have any interest in any of those competitions. Excuse me now....the first half of my album is in mixing...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MUS2
one glimpse of idol and you think you know all. how typically ignorant of you . Contradicting youself once again i see. First you tell narrator that facts have nothing to do with it then you tell him to provide facts. Not once have you mentioned anything that is supported...most probably because you know nothin about the pop music scene in australia. owning the soundtrack to a japanese video game is clearly as far as you'll get with music.

asylum - to compare the pop markets of aus and japan/korea/etc is futile as aus pop strongly follows an american pop ideal. asian countries' pop is a variation on the euro pop scene...something that has had much less of an impact on australian pop...look at bardot's first single...scandal'us' singles...it doesn't look good!

that quote deserves to be plaqued in the queens breakfast :D

ssj_goku

Narrator, a truly inspired post. There's just one thing that you might want to change, the words. First of all, I have, perhaps naively, assumed that we were still arguing about what we were meant to be arguing about, alluded to by my comment about every 2-3 posts that your wandering off topic, such as my intertextual reference to the debating tree. You launching off on a tangent and me telling you to get back on track does not a change in topic make. Also, the facts (for the actual topic) aren't out yet because they refer specifically to Australian Idol. I never was the one to ask for facts, I have only been saying that if you want them the onus is on you to provide them. Furthermore, your fatcs seem to consist of one part facts, and one part opinionated rambling.

As for Sony, it turns out he did market research to determine the level of competition the Idol winner was going to provide against what they hoped was going to be their own TV made artist, though these plans appear to be scrapped due to the figures. Also, MUS2, I was asked to remind you that those who wish to have a future with Sony should be team players. However, I did raise your concerns, and was able to attend a secret industry meeting, where the issue could be raised. The market research once again indicated that the cost element should make a more successful Idol. However, they did record higher figures for your annoyance level. Oh well, there are the facts, the question is, are they real?

narrator

HSC
N/A
you were content to talk about this for pages and pages but suddenly, when you're proved wrong, you say we've been off on a tangent, if you really cared so much, you simply wouldn't reply to my posts and continue with the original topic. btw, you did ask for facts on several occassions, the facts refer not specifically to aus idol, i showed you before where you asked to compare popstars to idol in any country, then you said oops, i realised i was asking you for the wrong facts, so you're the one that got it wrong, not me.

if you only want to talk about the original topic, then don't reply to this post, if you do then it's an indication that you're willing to talk about what we have been for the past 4 pages.

btw, just because you can't present facts doesn't mean that they're not out there, maybe you need to hone your research skills a bit better, all my facts are true, none of them have been manipulated in any way

MUS2

if they're not real they aren't facts...btw i don't need to be a team player with Sony bcse im only recording at SMS...i don't have a contract with Sony...the studios and the company are actually independent businesses so i couldn't really care less if you joined their "secret" meeting or not. Even if i was with Sony, why should my telling you that they've had no involvement affect my future with them. Clearly you are making "facts" up! My tracks are actually being "picked up" by an independent label who don't have to resort to competitions to make money...

Angelic_Angel88

Miss Guided
HSC
Originally posted by TheMonkeY
It's real funny how you guys get worked up over the stupidest shit.
Ah, but a good argument is always worth debating over. ;)

And narrator, I don't believe ssj_goku is claiming that your argument is fallacious because the facts you provided weren't true, ssj_goku is claiming that your argument is fallacious because the facts you provided, albeit true, do not in fact serve to support your argument.

narrator

HSC
N/A
my facts were only presented because he asked me for them, he just couldn't accept that he was wrong without cold hard facts to tell him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)