American Idol and Autralian Idol (3 Viewers)

narrator

HSC
N/A
well, you're wrong, i showed you how scandal'us had more success than kelly, the facts i displayed ARE proper facts, outline exactly what you waant and i'll tell you, i compared overall sales in aus for both s and k, that's what you wanted, you were wrong,

if you want sales from individual countries why were you talking about aus for so long, you couldn't compare them, obviously you've changed your stance when facts have proven you wrong

MUS2

i disagree hear'say are probably then most know if you look realistically.
you want to compare all idol winners vs all popstars winners. you said yourself before. you said before that winners of the idol competition are more successful than that of ps. to do that you have to look at the winners from o/s vs winners here, and o/s vs o/s...etc. to look at the whole competition you must look at all the entrants...

ssj_goku

I don't give a damn about what you the type of success you were talking about narrator (i.e. Australia or general) for a rather simple reason. I was the one who brought up the argument of success, so if you want to talk about success in Autralia then don't do it under the pretense that your refuting one of my statements, because you've really just jumped of onto a completely different question, about which I have not given my opinion.

Furthermore mus2, its using a domestic level to compare artists based in two completely separate countries which becomes complicated and convoluted. I said I wanted facts, but I specified benchmarks of accuracy before you posted so I can only assume you're trying to obfuscate my argument because you feel its a losing battle (was that sarcastic or not). As for my sarcasm, its the only way I can stave off the insanity which arises from trying to converse with either of you.

MUS2

getting nasty won't help you...it will just increase your insanity.
it doesn't become complicated nor convoluted...you were the one that wanted to compare aus ps with am idols...

narrator

HSC
N/A
so what facts do you want? stop avoiding the question, you just suggested you wanted to compare us sales to aus sales, i can tell you however that Scandal'us made money from their album, kelly is in debt and probably will be for another couple of albums

ssj_goku

Originally posted by narrator
well, you're wrong, i showed you how scandal'us had more success than kelly, the facts i displayed ARE proper facts, outline exactly what you waant and i'll tell you, i compared overall sales in aus for both s and k, that's what you wanted, you were wrong,

if you want sales from individual countries why were you talking about aus for so long, you couldn't compare them, obviously you've changed your stance when facts have proven you wrong
I did not want domestic for one artist vs Australia for others and I stated that specifically twice. I was never talking about Aus (for someone who hates his argument being twisted you have no prob with trying it on others do you)?

Mus2's post just didn't make any sense (maybe the browser's still acting buggy). Why don't you just pretend that I rehashed the statements from my previous posts which prove you wrong and then post a completely pointless reply (maybe you could include a story about pirates or ninjas this time?-not being sarcastic).

MUS2

when ssj_goku can make up his mind on what he wants then i will gladly prove him wrong

ssj_goku

Originally posted by MUS2
when ssj_goku can make up his mind on what he wants then i will gladly prove him wrong
The time has come, but some have not seen it (i.e. you).

ssj_goku

I've already said the types of allowable comparisons and other factors which must be considered. Go look for them yourself. Remember, if you want something done right, go do it yourself.

albatros30

LOSER

I hate to break it to you narrator, Scandulus were crap and they were out of the charts at least 2 weeks after their album was released. Kelly Clarkson on the other hand is still releasing singles at least a year after she won American Idol.

Scandulus are crap. If you think they did so well in the music charts, then where are they now? They were one hit wonders, and not one of them had an ounce of talent between them all. At least the whole Idol format is in search of true talent that will actually do the country a favour. I hope Paulini or Cosima win Australian Idol because they are the only talented contestants on the show.

ssj_goku

Narrator, I haven't changed my argument. Maybe you just keep changing yours so often mine looks different by comparison (was that a pomo reference?). You telling me I'm wrong doesn't mean much, as I know the contrarian system of logic you do occasionally operate on. As I've said before you even posted them, you're facts are irrelevant and rubbish. Have a nice day. Good point btw albatross.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
one day i will read all of this... at least 4 pages worth

does anyone thing the winner of idol will have a no 1song?

narrator

HSC
N/A
iambored, don't bother reading all this, it's between a few people who know the music scene and one who'd like to argue with them even though he has no idea,

the winner of idol will have a number one in aus, i can pretty much guarantee that, the album'll probably go no 1 too, aus music is slow at the moment and so it'll be rushed out

ssj_goku, if you're gonna reply to this post, i'll ask you again, state exactly what facts you want, that's the third time i've asked but you seem to keep ignoring this, maybe it's cos i gave you what you asked for earlier and the facts disagreed with you? btw, facts aren't 'rubbish' just because you don't like them

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by iambored

does anyone thing the winner of idol will have a no 1song?
Yep, number 1 song (which will get wayyyy overplayed and piss everyone off!), and a number 1 album, in Australia. (completely unheard of outside of Aus).
Then by the time the next album comes out, the novelty will have worn off and no one will be bother.

ssj_goku

I've said it before and I'll state it again. I mentioned two possible measurements which would be more accurate. If you don't want me to say the facts you presented are rubbish, then I won't. How about fallacious? I'm also not saying they're rubbish because I don't like them, I'm saying it because they're irrelevant. But OK, since you've still kept asking me to repeat myself, maybe you just didn't understand what I meant (or maybe you had that Norwegian bug like MUS2). Anyway, here are another three separate facts which might bear more relevance to this argument than the ones you presented.
1. The actual name of comic book guy.
2. Marketing research demonstrating the relationship between the colour of a Wiggle's member's skivy and their popularity.
3. A comparison between hotdog sales in Norway and global firgures for the sale of Wellingtons.
Btw, I wouldn't recommend reading all the posts iambored unless you're true to your name. All it is are 2 wannabee music afficionados trying to pick on the little guy for having a different opinion. Its totalitarian behaviour like that which makes Hitler look bad.

Btw, from all that debating, shouldn't you remember the debating tree? In refutation, go for the trunk (the case) instead of picking at the leaves (the examples). :)

Last edited:

ssj_goku

Narrator, stop telling me to find it for you and just look, I'm pretty sure its on the previous page. Btw, mus2, watch out for the Swedish bug, I heard they can also cause infected computers to crash. Its like they think we're virus beta testers or something. :)

ssj_goku

Sorry narrator, just a few minor things to point out.
1. Could you please post the source of your facts (I don't particularly trust your word).
2. You've only provided quantitative facts for less than half of the artists listed (all who have been Pop Stars). You can't compare qualitative with quantitative, remember your action verbs! Also, remember the figures have to be taken over the same amount of time (prob a bit more than a week as well).
3. This I am very sorry for. I just realised that I did tell you the wrong facts to present . The facts you provided would (If correct) help to argue that Idol winners are not more successful than Stars winners. I went back to the post where I made that statement and discovered it was actually completely irrelevant to my argument. I was arguing that the idea of cost in Australian Idol and my comment on relative success was actually based on Australian contestants (though no quantatative figures seem to be around) helps to ensure a more successful artist is selected. However, we launched into the tangent of American Idol vs Australian Idol, and I forgot that the only possible comparisons which could help you are the Australian Idol vs the Australian Stars (Because thats the one with cost element in voting). In fact, proving that Idols have thus far been unsuccessful might even help my case more than yours as so far it seems that Idol voting hasn't had the element of cost. Btw, I don't count figures for "Rise Up" as relevant as that song sounded like something that belonged in a year 2 performance (like the song they sang when Springfield was trying to get the Olympics). Oh well, this is what you get for taking the argument onto a complete tangent narrator. I await your reply with mild enthusiasm.

ssj_goku

First of all, you didn't present the facts I asked for (argument 2.) and you didn't provide a source so I could check (srgument 1). The whole way through I had been telling you you had been attacking a minor argument of my major case (for about 3 pages), I just realised that the minor argument you were attacking was almost completely irrelevant to my case. I, you see, had kept the belief that my main argument, and indeed the topic of this thread, were what we were meant to be arguing about, and what I was primarily arguing about. Maybe that was a bit too optomistic of me. :)

(you prob only didn't make a big deal because you do it twice as often)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)