American Idol and Autralian Idol (1 Viewer)

ssj_goku

Final Fantasy 7. Lol, I admit it, I'm not that "hip" to the music "scene".

narrator

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by ssj_goku
For someone who claims to be omnipotent, you seem to have little control over reason. I can see that you have "constructed" a "reality" in which I have a fetish for postmodernism. Fortunately, I will not fall into the Nietzhe (or whoever it was that devised it) trap of a perspectivism in which all perspectives are equally valid. Therefore I can maintain my postmodernity while saying that you're irrevocably wrong.

In addition I happen to own the soundtrack to FF7 and I caught a glimpse of Australian Idol (my sister loves it), so I'm completely qualified to rant on about it at leisure :D. Besides, as a debator you should remember to attack the argument not the person.

You also nullified your own argument by saying that every artist is hated more than liked. Remember this is about relative success not absolute, though perhaps you're so deeply entrenched in pomo you can't tell the diff. I would also like to point out that your assertion that your other assertions are right is also an assertion. As such the only response valid would be "Na-Uh". Oh and you're thread does support that more people like her as more people on the thread seem to like her. Also, you're own approval of her reached an almost emphatic point at one time in your thread so if you could be so irrevocably wrong about her, then perhaps you should ask yourself who it is that doesn't know the music industry.:)
still, no figures, give me some facts without referring to postmodernism and i'd take what you say with more weighting.

you, my friend, have no idea what your talking about, and again, you're not debating, so don't even refer to the skills of it.

then you say it's not about absolute success but then say that my thread supports that more people like her, you can only have it one way, not both, and either way, you're worng, kelly obviously is not absolutely successful nor has she been more successful in aus than the popstars groups.

i told you, kelly is in debt, she was in less before idol, if you consider this success than maybe you should think about how much you know about the music industry, and watching the show doesn't give you permission to comment supremely, at least do some research before you show your naiveity on the issue, oh and owning an ff7 soundtrack is not only sad but has nothing to do with the music industry, that's the gaming industry where the concepts of the music industry change due to medium, audience, purpose

MUS2

one glimpse of idol and you think you know all. how typically ignorant of you . Contradicting youself once again i see. First you tell narrator that facts have nothing to do with it then you tell him to provide facts. Not once have you mentioned anything that is supported...most probably because you know nothin about the pop music scene in australia. owning the soundtrack to a japanese video game is clearly as far as you'll get with music.

asylum - to compare the pop markets of aus and japan/korea/etc is futile as aus pop strongly follows an american pop ideal. asian countries' pop is a variation on the euro pop scene...something that has had much less of an impact on australian pop...look at bardot's first single...scandal'us' singles...it doesn't look good!

ssj_goku

Narrator, I've said it before and I'll say it again, you're the aggressor so the onus of proof is on your part, you can't just asking me to provide the facts you haven't been able to find on google (how could you not know this and still do legal studies). Also, her apparent success in your thread was relevant as you seem to have been basing everything on absolute success (at least half of the time), so its not actually a contradiction. You also talk about how Pop Stars have been relatively more successful than Idol's without providing any facts you seem to love so much, keeping in mind the justified qualifiers I have previously mentioned. Yes, I agree, this isn't debating, at least in debating BOTH parties TRY to maintain logical arguments and stick to the MAIN THREAD of the topic, and yes I am talking about you. Finally, I admitted to not being all that in touch with da peepz in the music scene. However, I feel that as a nation aspiring to become more like the US, it is our right, nay our duty, to rant feverishly about things we're totally unqualified to discuss over breakfeast. Besides, if you think you were qualified to talk about stargate, then I'm qualified to run Virgin records. Oh, btw, you're not comparing the Australian Pop Stars domestic sales with Kelly's Australian sales are you, do I even need to tell you the problems with that (probably but I won't atm).

MUS2, as I have said before, I am not claiming to being a music know-it-all unlike your venerable self. I admitted to being completely unqualified to discuss this topic so don't act as though you've discovered the location of Jimmy Hoffa's body. Anyway, you and narrator might want to lead with example by providing the accurate relevant facts, which should be easier for you to find than narrator since you don't to pomo and thus aren't bound so violently by the yoke of perspectivism (I'm sorry but I had to do it). I would also have you know that not only have I listened to the songs of actual musicians, I know people who actually own albums (again being sarcastic). Furthermore, someone who once requested a copy of the FF8 soundtrack is in no position to badmouth the works of Nobuo Uematsu.

Anyway, I'm not even sure why I've been arguing with you for all this time as your original post was in agreement with my main argument about the actual topic of the thread. Oh well, who remembers why any wars start thesedays?:)

MUS2

i never bad mouthed the soundtrack. i clearly stated that it would be the farthes you will get.
you want facts??? give an argument. over the course of this exhaustive thread i feel you have stretched what argument(?) there was.

ssj_goku

Originally posted by MUS2
i never bad mouthed the soundtrack. i clearly stated that it would be the farthes you will get.
you want facts??? give an argument. over the course of this exhaustive thread i feel you have stretched what argument(?) there was.
If you don't think I've made an argument then you haven't read the thread, or you have, but maybe you were using some buggy browser that translated it into Norwegian. I suggest upgrading your browser and looking again. Anyway, if I never had an argument (although I do, and have already repeated it for you enough), then what the heck were you and narrator doing this whole time? Also, you're comment implies that FF7 isn't very far, after all, if you had it praised highly, then it would follow I actually had good taste. If this was in fact what you were saying I truly do apologise and thankyou for your kind words. Cause thats the way the cooky crumbles.

MUS2

all you have done is blubber on about post modern crap, comparitve issues and nothing that stabilises any kind of anything

ssj_goku

all you have done is blubber on about post modern crap, comparitve issues and nothing that stabilises any kind of anything
At least the kind of crap I'm ranting on about has a range of types (subtext: unlike yours and narrators).

narrator

HSC
N/A
you wanted facts, well here they are, i've given you the opportunity to find some but obviously you know none

scandal'us' album Startin' Somethin' went platinum, nuber one on the australian offical charts for weeks, their first single, Me, Myself and I went double platinum, going platinum in the first week of sales,

so far kelly's album, Thankful, has only made it to a top position of 33 in Australia, the first single, Miss Independant, reached a peak at number 3, neither the single or album have yet to reach platinum, you wanted facts, well there they are, you're wrong, and don't think of saying that the album is still selling because it's on the way out of the charts with predictions of up to 5000 more sales, if she's lucky

you are wrong, the facts prove it

Last edited:

ssj_goku

Originally posted by narrator
scandal'us' album Satrin Somethin went platinum, nuber one on the australian offical charts for weeks, their first single, Me, Myself and I went double platinum, going platinum in the first week of sales,

so far kelly's album, Thankful, has only made it to a top position of 33 in Australia, the first single, Miss Independant, reached a peak at number 3, neither the single or album have yet to reach platinum, you wanted facts, well there they are, you're wrong, and don't think of saying that the album is still selling because it's on the way out of the charts with predictions of up to 5000 more sales, if she's lucky

you are wrong, the facts prove it
Didn't I warn you about comparing one artists domestic sales with anothers sales in a foreign country (remember the issue is success in general, think about what that means narrator).

MUS2

those are all australian sales...you have no idea do you? kelly's album is currently number 37 which has been recorded by ARIA...

ssj_goku

those are all australian sales...you have no idea do you? kelly's album is currently number 37 which has been recorded by ARIA...
For someone who claims to know music industry you don't know alot do you. Which country did Kelly win Idol again (just post if you want to know the answer)? So then I suggest you check the post before yours one more time.

narrator

HSC
N/A
wait, let me get this, you wanted facts to compare success, i give them to you and then you say that you can't compare them, exactly what facts do you want?

i was comparing two artists who have realeased music in australia and are just as well known in the australian music indstry, my comparisons were by australian sales

anway, how do you think most artists are compared? generally it's done by overall sales, but you want to compare sales in the one country, this was by your point that kelly has more fans than enemies compared to scandal'us

MUS2

no...excuse me you wanted poularity... we gave it. we compared sales on purely a national level... not internationally so that ther ewas no confusion and you're still complaining. OMG she's american. big deal. she's still got to sell to more people that just the americans. people don't just sell to one country if they are on such a grand scale as this where they have so much publicity (which does not equal popularity if you were going to say that next)! you are more arrogant than i thought!

narrator

HSC
N/A
maybe you ssj_goku, should check the posts, i was clearly talking about australia alone

ssj_goku

I did not suggest that we compare sales in Australia, for reasons I have previously mentioned. I said the success of Idol winners overall is generally better than Pop-Stars winners, using Scandoulus as an example because they're prob more well known than Stars winners from overseas. Really, the only effective comparison to determine overall success would be a comparison based on either overall sales or domestic sales (i.e. an Idol winners domestic sales vs the domestic sales of the Stars winners from that same country). I said I wanted facts, but I also said they had to be accurate facts (justified by the qualifiers I put forward in previous posts). Remember, its what John West rejects that makes John West the best. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)