Aldi (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
um just because something is made somewhere doesn't make it good, guys

kawaiinlove

HSC
I like Aldi. They have this cereal (can't remember what it's called) but they're like little cushions with chocolate inside them and they are TDF! And as for the random stuff they sell, I bought the complete novels of Jane Austen AND the complete works of Shakespeare together for about $30! and the other day I saw only one of them in a bookstore for the same price.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Most of their food is great and if you want basics in particular you can save heaps. The lesson is to try stuff and if you don't like it, don't buy it. They are also really good for random stuff and a lot of their products are made in Australia.

I like:
- Their biscuits (esp the chocolate ones)
- Their chocolate
- Their feminine hygene products (people at school used to always ask me for mine when they ran out)
- their/pasta/rice
- any of their basics are fine (salt, sugar etc)
- their chips and soft drinks

I don't think there is much I don't like and think many people are scared off because its not brand name, but its all pretty much the same and heaps cheaper. Yes you may still have to go to wollies for a few things they dont have but if its just as good and cheaper...why not.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I saw a Dryer in their today. lool :( I wonder which truck that fell off the back of

HSC
sorry guys, but Aldi products are inferior to products from Coles and Woolies. Our family first tried out Aldi when it hit our shores a few years back and we didnt like it at all.

Tip top bread > Aldi bread
Pura milk > fucking cum milk

etc etc. get it?

kthanksbye.

HSC
Can people stop claiming Aldi food is the same is brand names. It fucking isnt.

chamelia

HSC
I don't know. I'm still skeptical. On one hand the reliability of trusted brands, albeit priced higher, is comforting. But on the other the thrill of "Will it taste like ass or not" would be a fabulous dining adventure.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Most of their food is great and if you want basics in particular you can save heaps. The lesson is to try stuff and if you don't like it, don't buy it. They are also really good for random stuff and a lot of their products are made in Australia.

I like:
- Their biscuits (esp the chocolate ones)
- Their chocolate
- Their feminine hygene products (people at school used to always ask me for mine when they ran out)
- their/pasta/rice
- any of their basics are fine (salt, sugar etc)
- their chips and soft drinks

I don't think there is much I don't like and think many people are scared off because its not brand name, but its all pretty much the same and heaps cheaper. Yes you may still have to go to wollies for a few things they dont have but if its just as good and cheaper...why not.
Agreed. Anyone who says the basics in particular are any different is :spzz:

I saw a Dryer in their today. lool :( I wonder which truck that fell off the back of
Yes. A multinational grocery chain is stealing THEIR OWN BRANDED PRODUCTS.
My god, and I thought I'd read enough mind-numbingly stupid shit today, but that takes the fucking cake.

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
Aldi is the most brilliant of brilliance. My parents went away for a few months and gave me a rather generous food budget; I bought everything from the Aldi on the way back from uni and spent only 1/4 of it or so. With my boyfriend eating dinner with me too! Unfortunately, my parents learned from this.
I never found there to be any particular difference in quality, but I was mostly eating vegetables, bread, sauces, meat I cooked myself and things - basics where you can't really go wrong. A few things were a bit interesting, like some of the lollies, but for the most part, A+ value. It's always packed for a reason.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
sorry guys, but Aldi products are inferior to products from Coles and Woolies. Our family first tried out Aldi when it hit our shores a few years back and we didnt like it at all.

Tip top bread > Aldi bread
Pura milk > fucking cum milk

etc etc. get it?

kthanksbye.
Are you joking? All the bread they sell at Woolies and Coles is crap, crap, crap. And it's all made with soy flour. The sliced Italian ciabatta at Aldi is ace.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Aldi is the only major supermarket within walking distance of me, so i get a lot of stuff from there.

They have some pretty decent stuff, at times better than what you'll find elsewhere. Good for the basics. Lack of variety is a massive negative though. I like choice.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
you sound so fucking pretentious, katie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)