Aldi (1 Viewer)

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Do you ever buy food from Aldi? Why/Why not?
Just basics or the majority of your food shopping?
How do you find the quality of the products generally?

Since moving back to NSW, I've found I've been doing a decent amount of my food shopping there. The prices are usually the same as supermarket home brands- but the quality is superior.
Some of the stuff they have is great- the $1.27 energy drink for one.

Another useful tool they have if you are on a strict budget is the shopping list tool on their website- so you can know exactly how much you'll be spending beforehand.

Discuss.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Aldi's amazing. Amongst other random items they have, we go there regularly to get olive oil, balsamic vinegar and bread (it's hard to find anywhere that sells decent bread without soy flour these days).

HSC
Brand of chips called "Sprinters" - they be awesome, and the Kinder-Suprise esque chocolate there is way nicer than the actual kinder suprise

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
aldi's ok but are they good for buying meat.. anyone done any comparisons? i hate it how u hav to take ur own bags tho

iNerd

Banned
HSC
once bought aldi ice cream
and I was eating it one day
and the ice cream was in my mouth
and there was a piece of ice along with the ice cream
and i was waiting for it to melt.
and waiting.
and waiting.
but it never did.
so i spat it out onto my hand. and discovered a spider.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
i went there for the first time the other week, just out of curiosity. it kinda creeped me out. plus i didn't recognise any of the brands except like, vegemite lol. i know that's the point, like that it's all their own stuff, but i just don't know if i can trust it. having said that i did manage to purchase like... a loaf of bread, two packets of pasta, a thing of pasta sauce and toilet paper all for $7.50. but i can't see myself ever going back there. also fuck having to pack your own bags right off. they have shit all variety of anything, and also basically no fruit/veg/meat and what they do have looks somewhat dodgy. woolworths ftmfw.

EDIT:
also, NRG Max >>>> Milo
this is exactly the kind of shit i am talking about. no way could that be true. fuck off, aldi cunts.

Last edited:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
i went there for the first time the other week, just out of curiosity. it kinda creeped me out. plus i didn't recognise any of the brands except like, vegemite lol. i know that's the point, like that it's all their own stuff, but i just don't know if i can trust it. having said that i did manage to purchase like... a loaf of bread, two packets of pasta, a thing of pasta sauce and toilet paper all for $7.50. but i can't see myself ever going back there. also fuck having to pack your own bags right off. they have shit all variety of anything, and also basically no fruit/veg/meat and what they do have looks somewhat dodgy. woolworths ftmfw.

EDIT:

this is exactly the kind of shit i am talking about. no way could that be true. fuck off, aldi cunts.
i think there are 2 types of aldi stores cuz the one near me says "ALDI FOOD STORE" and has a large fruitvegmeat section

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
We do shopping for work at Aldi.

And we can do the shopping three times as quick as at Coles most probably because the staff at checkouts actually move QUICK. Death to pimply faced teenagers moving soooo slow.

A lot of the products seem great quality, some even better than the "brand-name" equivilent. But either way we always do a second shop at Coles to pick up some items that Aldi simply doesn't have.

The savings are incredible.

If you eat Kosher however, Aldi's hamburger buns and hotdog rolls (Bakers Taste) seem to be (ironically) the only two kosher things in the entire store. Source: Kashrut Authority.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Has anyone ever noticed that Aldi occasionally sells really strange, random products that they never get again? Once they had these huge, singular pasta shells that were about 30x30cm each o_O

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
whoever mentioned that kinder surprise ish chocolate is spot fucking on

iNerd

Banned
HSC
Has anyone ever noticed that Aldi occasionally sells really strange, random products that they never get again? Once they had these huge, singular pasta shells that were about 30x30cm each o_O
omg.
that happend
i once bought a mousse mixture
and ate it at home
and it tasted REAL nice
and i went back to buy it again
and they didn't sell it anymore

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Yes!

Like the Ogdenville Outlet in The Simpson's where Marge finds the Chanel dress - but maybe not so great.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I/we (inc parents) never go to Aldi, mainly because we live nowhere near one but also because their 'generic' products approach seem shifty...

woolworths/coles ftw
it might be a buck or two more expensive, but atleast you can trust them plus theyre australian bussinesses - helping the australian economy :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Has anyone ever noticed that Aldi occasionally sells really strange, random products that they never get again? Once they had these huge, singular pasta shells that were about 30x30cm
I picked up two of my guitars from there. The semi-acoustic's action is a bit out, but nothing thats not fixable. The acoustic however, is great. The best quality to price I have ever seen. I use it for the majority of my playing now (I have five guitars) :)

HSC
N/A
mmm I like the chocolate and foreign lollies from there. And the icecream. Diabetes here I come!

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I picked up two of my guitars from there. The semi-acoustic's action is a bit out, but nothing thats not fixable. The acoustic however, is great. The best quality to price I have ever seen. I use it for the majority of my playing now (I have five guitars) :)
they should sell drum kits..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)