ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

annzy

HSC
i'm doing the army gap year i highly recommend it. you wouldnt be able to do rifle man, but you could do operator supply, or operator movement or a few others whatever is on the website its up to you. i had a ball at kapooka it wasnt as brutal as they make out. you make amazing friends, even with the corporals. our platoon was lucky we got our phones heaps, it depends if you's fuck up or how busy the schedule at the time. as for leave, in the first 3 months you wont get to go home. there are two weekends where you get the saturday to go into town, so i arranged to meet my family in town which was good :)

bubblegumhan

HSC
Dave..girls cant go for rifleman, there are 500 spots for all positions, lots of guys WILL be going for the rifleman..
sport, you can play them, but there will be little free time on your hands and its recommened you dont, thats what the dude said anywayyy
pay varies on where you are in your training...e.g first 3 months your at basic training..then IET or whatever...then your at a base...it all depends the amount varies...all in all you get aroun $41,000....
Ahhh Enchantress i spoke to them and they said no, its only for the guys, mayb the doc liked you ;)
<3
alssooo...they changed the pfa requirements...now its shit easy...
Male requirement: 10 Push-ups, 20 Sit-ups (feet held), 6.5 Shuttle run score

Female requirement: 4 Push-ups, 20 Sit-ups (feet held), 6.5 Shuttle run score

xxxx

Last edited:

mggail

HSC
i'm doing the army gap year i highly recommend it. you wouldnt be able to do rifle man, but you could do operator supply, or operator movement or a few others whatever is on the website its up to you. i had a ball at kapooka it wasnt as brutal as they make out. you make amazing friends, even with the corporals. our platoon was lucky we got our phones heaps, it depends if you's fuck up or how busy the schedule at the time. as for leave, in the first 3 months you wont get to go home. there are two weekends where you get the saturday to go into town, so i arranged to meet my family in town which was good :)

I agree with annzy, if your thinking about doing it then go for it! pooka was actually a pretty awsome experience, definatly had some challanging moments (50% stand to all night) but the mates and memories you make are worth it :)
annzy- lucky you with your phones! we probably had them more on red tabs than gold but your right about how you actually become mates with your corporals and its amazing how much of a team you are by the end..

drial006

HSC
Hey everyone, im thinking about doing the ADF gap year after year 12 either navy or army, however was wondering wether or not you need year 12 maths?

mii-kool

HSC
i applied for the 2011 gap year, just got an email saying i was short-listed (woot!), and it said "The next step is to attend a Your Opportunities Unlimited (YOU) session. You will be contacted shortly to be booked into a session,"

Anyone vaguely know when the YOU sessions take place ? like what month ?

and bubblegumhan did they seriously change the pfa reqs to 10 push-ups 20 sit-ups and 6.5 beep test !? if so thats bloody easy as, lol

Sneezing tree

HSC
Hey I got the same email to today, but then about an hour later i got another email saying that i'm getting bumped straight up to the main interview step for 2011 gap year because I already went for a YOU session a few weeks ago (Which i did). I called up to confirm and they said i'd be one of the first interviewed for next years Gap. The YOU session was really easy, first thing you do when you get there is they get you do to a Vision test, just a little folder a lady/man holds infront of you that has a number on it with its blending into the background, basic. Then once everyone has finished that they send you in to do a Aptitude test, you get 30 minutes to answer 70 questions (Which you arn't expected to finish) and then 20 minutes to answer 14 maths questions. After you have completed that you go back into the main room and wait for a careers adviser to come speak with you (One on one, in a seperate room), they give you your results from the test and a print off of all the jobs you can do, based on your result. Then he/she will discuss your options and what you want to do in the army/navy/airforce. After that, is over you do a basic medical, with a ADF doctor answering questions about your health and history once thats is all done you go home and wait for them to call you back and book you in for a main interview date (What i'm doing). Good luck, might see you next year.

alexbarbas7

HSC
heyy everyone i got the you session study email today
just wondering, from this email does this kind of guarantee that i have been accepted into the ADF Gap Year becuase i hear people have already been rejected so far

and also after this is done and i complete the you session how long do i wait for my results and find out that i have been accepted
cheers

HSC
those PFA requirements are wrong lol (ohwait they are airforce PFA, fags)

the email you got was confirmation that you would be assessed, you can still fail assessment etc

Last edited:

alexbarbas7

HSC
if i do get accepted, and hopefully i do does anyone know when you leave for the ADF Gap Year like when it roughly begins

by the way i'm going to plow so many girls before i leave as i know a year without girls is going to be reall nuts

HSC
jan feb i am pretty sure the gap year intake at kapooka

there are girls in the army you know
and you are allowed to do whatever you want after work and on weekends :/

you wont get accepted imo

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
what sort of physical fitness test do you have to pass once you get to recruit training in the army?

Like in the navy, the PFA is laughable,
15 pushups, 20 situps, 6.1 beep test etc...

But then when you actually get to recruit school, you have to pass the physical fitness test which is
25 pushups, 25 situps, 2.4km run in <13 minutes or a 7.5 beep test.

Which is still piss, but ye.

HSC
because it doesnt seem like you know much about army life and they will ask you that stuff in the interviews

HSC
what sort of physical fitness test do you have to pass once you get to recruit training in the army?

Like in the navy, the PFA is laughable,
15 pushups, 20 situps, 6.1 beep test etc...

But then when you actually get to recruit school, you have to pass the physical fitness test which is
25 pushups, 25 situps, 2.4km run in <13 minutes or a 7.5 beep test.

Which is still piss, but ye.
once you are at kapooka you have to pass the BFA which is like 30 pushups 45 situps 2.4km <13 etc

and you have to be able to pass that for the rest of your service time i think

Nikster10

HSC
I also have got the e-mail, stating that i have been shortlisted and ill be contacted within 14 days for my YOU session. Just wondering how many more rounds/assessments to go, before your told whether you got it? I heard that they have already cut 50% of applicants.

Sneezing tree

HSC
They more than likely cut the list in half by the application form, at my YOU session i went to a few weeks ago, they told me 10,000 people applyed for the GAP 2011. So i guess theres 5000 left now.

I also have got the e-mail, stating that i have been shortlisted and ill be contacted within 14 days for my YOU session. Just wondering how many more rounds/assessments to go, before your told whether you got it? I heard that they have already cut 50% of applicants.

Jaylem92

HSC
I got Shortlisted aswell, Does everyone get through the You session that got shortlisted and onto the Assesment stage, or do they cut people???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)