ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

Greekgirlie

HSC
Hey Guys,
Is anyone having to fill out a security clearence and having trouble wiht it? Some of the questions are so bloody confusing. Also in the joining instructions booklet (JI) it gives a list of things you have to bring. the list is very brief does anyone know the quanity of the items we're supposed to take.

Females
"One piece bathing suit" do we only need one
and what does sporting attire mean like running clothes, shoes, tracksuit etc. what the hell is nightwear too.

ANyone with answers i'd much appreciate it.

webcrawler559

HSC
Hey Guys,
Is anyone having to fill out a security clearence and having trouble wiht it? Some of the questions are so bloody confusing. Also in the joining instructions booklet (JI) it gives a list of things you have to bring. the list is very brief does anyone know the quanity of the items we're supposed to take.

Females
and what does sporting attire mean like running clothes, shoes, tracksuit etc. what the hell is nightwear too.

ANyone with answers i'd much appreciate it.
yeah the security clearance form is very complex and detailed- the part about 3 character referees seems exessive..probs gonna have to go to school to get some teachers to be character referees for me..as they cannot be family

other details include account of where your family members have travelled in the last couple years (lol unless they've been to afghanistan, yemen or uae your probably fine with that one)

and yeah sporting attire is the kind of crap you'd wear jogging, nightwear would be informal clothing (jeans maybe, simple t-shirt)

mikey168

HSC
Hey all, going as Rifleman on 22nd of feb. JUst a quick question on holiday leave. Do you get any at all and did anyone take theirs?. Reason i'm asking cos mates are going to bali end of this year.

Any replys would be sweet.

mggail

HSC
Females
My enlistment is on Monday so I was just going through the list of things to take when I checked this- and I'm pretty sure mine doesn't say to bring bathers (i was planning on bringing some anyway but they probs wouldn't be what the army are thinking of :p) so are we ment to bring a one piece?

Greekgirlie

HSC
My enlistment is on Monday so I was just going through the list of things to take when I checked this- and I'm pretty sure mine doesn't say to bring bathers (i was planning on bringing some anyway but they probs wouldn't be what the army are thinking of :p) so are we ment to bring a one piece?
hahah yeah im going navy so we need full piece swimmers, i'll be packing some ones that the adf probably arent too keen to see aswell, even though it'll be bloody cold in vic.

mggail

HSC
Haaha ohhk thanks that makes sense! I almost wish I'd gone navy but Kapooka here I come :p Anyway goodluck with your year!

Eliseeeee

HSC
im going to try out for the Airforce Gap year 2011, and a lot of people on the forum have got into that, and have probably actually started it now.

but i was wondering if anyone could tell me something about the selection process, coz ive heard theres a lot of competition for the airforce in particular.
people have been talking about assessments and medicals but is there something before that you have to do?

oh and how is everyone's gap years going?

webbh

HSC
Found out today that i have been classed medically fit ( class 1) having previously appealed the decision back in december because i was classed medically unfit back in november. I've waited 3 and half months to hear this, but part of me felt like i didn't care, cause i practically gave up on them since i hadn't heard anything from anybody for over 8 weeks. It's kind of put in a confused/ awkward position, cause i have enrolled in Uni which starts next week and then i find out that my enlistment day is in early march. I still dont even know what i want to do; whether to decline the offer from the army and start uni or defer uni and start the army gap year.

Greekgirlie

HSC
im going to try out for the Airforce Gap year 2011, and a lot of people on the forum have got into that, and have probably actually started it now.

but i was wondering if anyone could tell me something about the selection process, coz ive heard theres a lot of competition for the airforce in particular.
people have been talking about assessments and medicals but is there something before that you have to do?

oh and how is everyone's gap years going?
basically airforce is really competitive cos its an officer position for the year. so you have to fit officer specifications as well as somethign else. I think applications open may 1 and then you just start the process there. first round are online tests done by a profiling/recruitment company get through that and you get a YOU (your options unlimited) session and then if u go ok in that its an assessment day where you hae a medical, psych interview and then a defence interview and they either recommend you or dont... be prepared for a hell of a lot of waiting around!

i go in 16 days! Navy gap though bit excited :)

Greekgirlie

HSC
Found out today that i have been classed medically fit ( class 1) having previously appealed the decision back in december because i was classed medically unfit back in november. I've waited 3 and half months to hear this, but part of me felt like i didn't care, cause i practically gave up on them since i hadn't heard anything from anybody for over 8 weeks. It's kind of put in a confused/ awkward position, cause i have enrolled in Uni which starts next week and then i find out that my enlistment day is in early march. I still dont even know what i want to do; whether to decline the offer from the army and start uni or defer uni and start the army gap year.
love defence medical hey, well its good money, for me when i didnt know if i'd get in and was still hoping it came down to do i want an adventure/be a poor uni student. idk what financial position ur family is in but it was like well if i have the year off i can afford to move to bris from where i live for uni, im sure it'll be a great experience but tough decision!

katie22

HSC
i'm considering doing it next year but it doesn't really seem very clear what you actually do. it just says tuition on the daily timetable. does anyone have any idea what the air force people actually learn? thanks ;-)

olli!

HSC
Heading off to Kapooka on Tuesday(2nd of March), hopefully going on to be driver transport. So keen :D

NatalieeJade

HSC
Im thinking of going to the ADF GAP year in 2011, do you think they would allow homeschooled people to go? ill still get my UAI or ATAR whatever it is these days. but do you think my being homeschooled will matter much ?

bubblegumhan

HSC
heyy, i was intrested in appling for the 2011 gapp year program.
obviously im a chick but i aint intrested in navy or airforce which is what most have recomended. I wanted to be in the armyy, and if soo what jobs are most suited to chicks?
i dont wanna be a cook or anythingg,, i was thinking of rifleman, but do chick get equal opportunities at this? or are we even allowed??
i know that apparently the trainings pretty brutal, and im willing to put in the effort and prove myself, spec being a girl and all...
just wonderingg what kind of break do you get, how oftern can you visit home? do you have opptiunitys to call home regualary?
also the training for the gap year? whats the daily scedual like??
for the docs evaluation do chicks have to strip done as well? cause kinda odd gettin nacked in front of a old man...juss saying...:)
and do you all think spots will fill up quicklyy??
would appriciatee helppp :)
thank you x
ʚϊɞ

Jack_2448

HSC
heyy, i was intrested in appling for the 2011 gapp year program.
obviously im a chick but i aint intrested in navy or airforce which is what most have recomended. I wanted to be in the armyy, and if soo what jobs are most suited to chicks?
i dont wanna be a cook or anythingg,, i was thinking of rifleman, but do chick get equal opportunities at this? or are we even allowed??
i know that apparently the trainings pretty brutal, and im willing to put in the effort and prove myself, spec being a girl and all...
just wonderingg what kind of break do you get, how oftern can you visit home? do you have opptiunitys to call home regualary?
also the training for the gap year? whats the daily scedual like??
for the docs evaluation do chicks have to strip done as well? cause kinda odd gettin nacked in front of a old man...juss saying...:)
and do you all think spots will fill up quicklyy??
would appriciatee helppp :)
thank you x
ʚϊɞ
wow you asked a lot of questions haha. just go onto the ADF website, they should be able to answer all of your questions. from what i know im pretty sure there are jobs not available to women. which is pretty unfair but just how it is. and i think you should be able to make calls most nights but sometimes you wont be able to due to the schedule. Especially during training. also i highly doubt it would be a man doing the medical for the women. its more then likely it will be a female or you will just not be required to strip down. also when you said will the spots fill up quickly, that isnt a problem because it doesnt work like that. they accept all applications regardless of numbers inbetween 1st-31st May and then they go through all of them and start cutting people etc. hope some of that helped. go to there website to get some more info. Home | Defence Jobs

Jack_2448

HSC
Im thinking of going to the ADF GAP year in 2011, do you think they would allow homeschooled people to go? ill still get my UAI or ATAR whatever it is these days. but do you think my being homeschooled will matter much ?
i have already applied for the ADF Gap year with the army and there wasn't a single question regarding homeschooling. there were questions asking when will/did you finish school etc. but thats it so i assume it should be fine if you still get your ATAR.

JPD

HSC
I just applied for the army gap year the other day....Rifleman..as first preference and operator weapon locating radar / artillery -air defender as second...on the application there was quite a few questions about leadership roles ....since i did like none :p will this affect me badly in being accepted?

bubblegumhan

HSC
aahhhaaaa...thanks for the helpp
but i basically just effed the internet over till it didnt have an more info. i got alllll i need to knoww. and ive alreadyy applied did it on the 1st :)
alssoo dudes do do the doc check but we get to keep our bras and unddieesss on..sucks being a guyy :)
JPD...i was in the same boat but i dnt rekon it will, its not as if we are applyiing for officer roles or nyething...and honestly not alot of ppl will have had leadship roles i dnt rekon so dont worryyyy.

Dave b

HSC
just a few questions, sorry if they are obvious.are most of the people who intend to participate in the gap year going for rifleman? and also does anyone know how many spots they are taking?? also if i take part in training for a rifleman are their any sporting opportunities( basketball prefferably). and one last question; how much does a rifleman get p.a???

annzy

HSC
you wont necessarily get told to remove your bra. i didn't. i've never heard of anyone who
s had to. noone from my platoon did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)