ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

Greekgirlie

HSC
Hey guys,
How long did it take for you to get your pack after assessment day?
Was going to ring them and ask for an enlistment date today but got no answer from the lady i was told to ring..

Should we be calling our case managers who got us through YOU and assessment day preparations etc? or the people at your nearest recruiting head office ie. Brisbane?

any help would be greatly appreciated

annzy

HSC
Hey guys,
How long did it take for you to get your pack after assessment day?
Was going to ring them and ask for an enlistment date today but got no answer from the lady i was told to ring..

Should we be calling our case managers who got us through YOU and assessment day preparations etc? or the people at your nearest recruiting head office ie. Brisbane?

any help would be greatly appreciated
hmm i have no idea, how long ago was your assessment day. i'd just keep calling them!

Tim_107

HSC
Hey there, has anyone been accepted into Air Force Gap Year for next year?! Just got my letter; enlistment date is in January...woo hoo! :D
Congrats,
i'm still waiting for my assessment day, had my YOU back in july, still havent got a word about it, rang them up yesterday, they gave me the usual responce "your on the priority list for an assessment day" its what i've been hearing from them for ages,
i have a feeling that they RAAF they delay a little coz its smaller and focus on army intially, but now that u've got in, i think that theory is wrong

Greekgirlie

HSC
hmm i have no idea, how long ago was your assessment day. i'd just keep calling them!
was only a week and a bit ago... just gets me worried some people found out like 2 days after some 2 months. Huge difference hey! Ah well i'm just impatient.

Veeee

HSC
Congrats,
i'm still waiting for my assessment day, had my YOU back in july, still havent got a word about it, rang them up yesterday, they gave me the usual responce "your on the priority list for an assessment day" its what i've been hearing from them for ages,
i have a feeling that they RAAF they delay a little coz its smaller and focus on army intially, but now that u've got in, i think that theory is wrong
Thanks!! Yeah recruiting is actually useless! I applied last year, and they stuffed up my application completely!! SO had to re-apply..... Air Force is way harder to get into, then Army/ Navy. They've changed the whole application process since I applied, but it seems like they're even slower than last year! Good luck!!

Warner

HSC
hey guys has anyone else applied for Crewman on the light armoured vehicle in the army? I got in and had my bloodtests the other day...anyone else got their enlistment date on the 23rd of feb? I really cant wait...has anyone done their gap year as a crewman on the aslav? I'd love to hear what its like

Cheers

Greekgirlie

HSC
hey guys
I got my pathology pack today. basically just went and had the blood test :) They rang me and offered me November 16th intake... i was like heaps sorry but i wont have graduated high school til the 20th and i'm not missing that for anything!!!

So anyway the ball is rolling again thank God.

Dusty09

HSC
hey guys has anyone else applied for Crewman on the light armoured vehicle in the army? I got in and had my bloodtests the other day...anyone else got their enlistment date on the 23rd of feb? I really cant wait...has anyone done their gap year as a crewman on the aslav? I'd love to hear what its like

Cheers
Hey Warner, My Best mate is goign Crewman ASLAV and has the same enlistment date, ill send him your way after exams... (Hes on study camps etc atm)

And, i started a group on Facebook
I'm Going To Kapooka! | Facebook

Join up now! and then when you know your enlistment date, (The date you go to Kapooka, Post it there...)

Epic

HSC
I had my YOU Session a couple of weeks ago and I think it went well. RAAF is my first preference and Army (Rifleman) is my second. I'm not really expecting to get in because I know it is very competetive but I'm definitely hoping to get in lol.

Tim_107

HSC
I had my YOU Session a couple of weeks ago and I think it went well. RAAF is my first preference and Army (Rifleman) is my second. I'm not really expecting to get in because I know it is very competetive but I'm definitely hoping to get in lol.
Well done, If u get an assessment day for raaf, let us know
good luck

Warner

HSC
Really? thats awesome gald i'll be able to know someone then haha i cant wait its gunna be awesome. Are you going into the gap year?

Greekgirlie

HSC
Enlistment date = 8th of March
Cerberus here i come...

haha after all the wait it finally happened. good luck to those still waiting and anyone else 8 march see u there :)

olli!

HSC
Enlistment date = 8th of March
Cerberus here i come...

haha after all the wait it finally happened. good luck to those still waiting and anyone else 8 march see u there :)
going in around the same time. transport driver. what job did you make it in as?

mggail

HSC
wooohooo, had my assesment day today :) got recommended and if the blood test is fine then enlisting on the 4th of january! so pumped, i thought it would take a couple of weeks before you'd know but they booked me in for that date as soon as i finished the interview with the officer guys..

anyone else going on that date? :spin: yay kapooka here i come!

zimbo101

HSC
oh yea im navy! :) well hopefully feb 8 for you too lol i was considering starting uni second semester if i had to!

ha im from down south...tasmaina :) you?

hey, ya i'm from perth, also got the same enlistment date 8th of feb.. looks like we may be together

Warner

HSC
dusty its not letting me quote your thing because my stupid school has the worst internet blocking ever.....Really? thats awesome gald i'll be able to know someone then haha i cant wait its gunna be awesome. Are you going into the gap year?
Yeah ill join next time i can im a boarder at my school and they dont let us on facebook and myspace etc ya know its so annoying...wheres ya mate from?

Dusty09

HSC
dusty its not letting me quote your thing because my stupid school has the worst internet blocking ever.....Really? thats awesome gald i'll be able to know someone then haha i cant wait its gunna be awesome. Are you going into the gap year?
Yeah ill join next time i can im a boarder at my school and they dont let us on facebook and myspace etc ya know its so annoying...wheres ya mate from?

Hey sorry,

Mate goes to school with me, In Sydney,

He's going Aslav the same day as you! I'm going two weeks before you guys as Operator Weapon Locating Radar...

Where abouts to you board?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)