ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

Greekgirlie

HSC
hey guys,
just wondering about someting. I rang my local DFR to find out how to book my pre-enlistment fittness assessment etc adn she booked me a date for a practice.

Apparently you need to practice the beep test to see that you're running at the right pace or something.
Has anyone else experience the same thing?

Its booked for like 3 months before i enlist (dec) and i'll do the real PFA in Feb a month before i enlist (march 8)..

Warner

HSC
yeah first im pretty sure you dont need to book a PFA coz i asked my enlistment manager and shes like just go along on any monday wednesday thursday and you can just do it (thats what its like in Melbourne anyway)...and you dont have to do a practice one they just strongly recommend it because so many people would think that its easy and then they fail, but at the risk of sounding contradictive haha 7.5 on the beep test for army isnt exactly what i would call extremely difficult same goes for the 15 pushups and 45 situps

Dusty i board at ACK (Assumption College Kilmore) which is in Kilmore about 45 minutes norht of Melbourne

Where abouts do you go to school?

Dusty09

HSC
Dusty i board at ACK (Assumption College Kilmore) which is in Kilmore about 45 minutes norht of Melbourne

Where abouts do you go to school?
I'm inclined to agree on that. 7.5 is not that hard, i was a swimmer until this HSC thing started, and then i lost a whole lot of fitness, and slowly getting some back in preparation for Kapooka.

Download the thing, If i can do more than 7.5 and i am not the fitest thing.. you can too!

Warner, I go to Barker College in Sydney and as does my friend, he's joining that Fb group so you'll find him there when you escape boarding... Whens your last exam?

Greekgirlie

HSC
yeah i was told to book one. i guess QLD is different. I was heaps surprised that they wanted to actually watch you do the beep test before your actual test date though....hope everyones hsc is going well if youre doing it

serevei

HSC
yep got recommended for survalience aircraft operator... suprisingly easy assessment day... a LOT of waiting but luckly 20 20 was being played on the tv so it was sweet

Dusty09

HSC
yep got recommended for survalience aircraft operator... suprisingly easy assessment day... a LOT of waiting but luckly 20 20 was being played on the tv so it was sweet
Hey!

Thats awesome... let us know when you get your enlistment day... here:

I'm Going To Kapooka! | Facebook

I also got recommended for Surveillance Aircraft.. but then when i got my enlistment stuff they said it was full :( apparently there were only two spots, and i didn't want to wait till march to get an enlistment date, it kind of stuffs up Uni the next year. So i got Second Preference, did you have three preferences?

Anyway good luck!

serevei

HSC
nah i just had the one... i rekon if i dont get a vacancy ill just do uni straight up and go that sponsored undergraduate business

mikey168

HSC
Hey all, had my assessment day on Tuesday and got recommended for Rifleman, enlistment date is the 22nd of Feb. Can't wait for training to start and will probably stay on if i like it.

mikey168

HSC
Hey annzy, im from Busselton, WA. Where u from and what are you going in as?

annzy

HSC
everyone is from WA! victoria, in the country. dental assistant - quite the female role lol!

Warner

HSC
annzy! Country Victoria all the way haha where abouts exactly are you from?

Dusty yeah sorry it still wont let me quote, my last exam is wednesday the 11th so just hangin on for then i cant wait im over it all, i got a math exam in like 45mins haha cant be bothered.

I cant wait until my exams are over but then the wait until my enlistment date is just gunna kill me haha

nessyismad

HSC
hey all,

thought i would give you some insight into what you are getting yourselves into with the adf gap year, this coming from a gap year veteran of 10 months.

first and foremost, DO NOT stress about fitness. getting 7.5 on the beep test will just about get you all the way through kapooka. i was the fittest I have ever been when I got to kapooka, and when I left i was the least fit I have ever been.

secondly, one presumption of gap year recruits is that they are treated differently than general entries. incorrect. you are the same as everybody else, and treated the same right through the k ranch, IET's and when in ur unit. some people might think that you dont have the heart to do a full 4 years, but i have found that a lot of the time the gap years are actually harder workers than others.

lastly, enjoy yourself as much as possible. there are times during your training you will get frustrated and want to give it all up, but just stick with it and absorb the experience. you will do some very cool shit.

joshdalton91

HSC
hi,

just had my assessment day,

they said id been recommended for gap (soldier),

although the doctor said i had to go on this 3 month trial thing 4 my medical,

that means it will be like feb next year b4 this thing finishes,

any1 know what dates of gap r,

and if i cud somehow book my spot so its secure while i do the 3 month think,

any ideas?

mggail

HSC
hey all,

thought i would give you some insight into what you are getting yourselves into with the adf gap year, this coming from a gap year veteran of 10 months.
Thanks for that! I haven't had a chance to really see what people who've actually done it say so its good to hear that you think its definatly worth it :) What position did you do?

joshdalton91

HSC
i missed out cus of my medical (its bad luck), so ill prob do reserves then reapply for gap year 2010

annzy

HSC
i just got a call saying my position as a dental assistant is no longer a gap year position so i have to choose now out of possibly a soldier, steward or supply coordinator.. hmm?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)