ADF Gap Year (1 Viewer)

rizz_31

HSC
just called the enlistment person and told her bout my bro's 21st i didnt wanna miss and if i could get my date changed, she said that was fine so now i leave on the 16th of february!!!!

i'm so stoked, leaving on the 12th of jan was just too soon, i think i deserve a little bit of a break after 13 years of school!!

anyone else goin on the 16th of feb?

oh and by the way my mate told me each enlistment has 25ppl in it, bit smaller than i thought, but i guess u'd become pretty good mates with the other ppl on the same date as you...just hope i get a good bunch!

annzy

HSC
hey rizz that is awesome, you wont be there long after me!

mggail

HSC
Hey has anyone have any infomation they used on their assesment day for army? I've got mine in two weeks today so better start revising it all, on top of exam revision *sigh*... any info would be much appreciated :)

Well done everyone who has got through :)

Greekgirlie

HSC
hey, I recieved pathology forms in my pack! havnt had test yet just have to have them back and cleared few weeks before enlistment!
thanks ila3. I'm giving it til wednesday and i'll give them a call about everything see if my last medical tests went through okay...

how often are intakes? if like rizz_31 said its 25 they'll be doing heaps of intakes i'd guess. I heard at my YOU session that there are 267 navy gap year accepted into the program.

Argh went back to school today and its killing me!

Greekgirlie

HSC
just called the enlistment person and told her bout my bro's 21st i didnt wanna miss and if i could get my date changed, she said that was fine so now i leave on the 16th of february!!!!

i'm so stoked, leaving on the 12th of jan was just too soon, i think i deserve a little bit of a break after 13 years of school!!

oh and by the way my mate told me each enlistment has 25ppl in it, bit smaller than i thought, but i guess u'd become pretty good mates with the other ppl on the same date as you...just hope i get a good bunch!
hey was reading something on the navy recruit school website about being given a division ie waller, getting, moran or rankin (for navy) and within that division you are split into classes of between 15 and 25 people... idk if thats what your mate meant or maybe i've got it wrong.

I recon you'd make pretty good friends with the ones you're in with pretty quickly. If i get in during a feb intake i'll turn 18 down there :) haha no celebrating for a while

ila3

HSC
thanks ila3. I'm giving it til wednesday and i'll give them a call about everything see if my last medical tests went through okay...

how often are intakes? if like rizz_31 said its 25 they'll be doing heaps of intakes i'd guess. I heard at my YOU session that there are 267 navy gap year accepted into the program.

Argh went back to school today and its killing me!
...wow...267/25 thats about 11 intakes ...yea i want to know how far apart they are?... i know ppl are still doing you session.

ohh 18 at recruit school? i forget you guys start school early ( i was 18 this year) ..no worries you will just have to make the most of weekend leave :)!
...goodluck (lol bring on wednesday)

annzy

HSC
Hey has anyone have any infomation they used on their assesment day for army? I've got mine in two weeks today so better start revising it all, on top of exam revision *sigh*... any info would be much appreciated :)

Well done everyone who has got through :)
hey are you going navy army of air force? my assessment day went good, for army. except i was the last person to leave i was there for about 4 or 5 hours - so prepare to be there for a long time. get there early!! just know your job really really well - and the psych consult is pretty intense they kinda try to trick you, but its not bad.

Greekgirlie

HSC
...wow...267/25 thats about 11 intakes ...yea i want to know how far apart they are?... i know ppl are still doing you session.

ohh 18 at recruit school? i forget you guys start school early ( i was 18 this year) ..no worries you will just have to make the most of weekend leave :)!
...goodluck (lol bring on wednesday)
Yeah we're all younger. Lucky i'm born early i guess. Yeah i week 4 weekend leave will be great :)

I think i'll leave it til thurs to ring them give them a bit of time to figure something out.

agentbrown

HSC
Hey all, congrats on getting in for those of you who have. i had my YOU session a few months back and had an assessment day booked in for August but got swine flu so had to cancel :(. So now its tomorrow (i'm going for RAAF). Just wondering approximately how long it goes for? and how much of that is waiting time, on my YOU day it was around 4 hours but almost 3 hours of that was waiting time.... Any comments are appreciated :).

Greekgirlie

HSC
Hey all, congrats on getting in for those of you who have. i had my YOU session a few months back and had an assessment day booked in for August but got swine flu so had to cancel :(. So now its tomorrow (i'm going for RAAF). Just wondering approximately how long it goes for? and how much of that is waiting time, on my YOU day it was around 4 hours but almost 3 hours of that was waiting time.... Any comments are appreciated :).
My YOU sesson went for 6 and a half hours (there were like 30 of us). Assessment day i was there for 5... and a majority of it was waiting around. THe interviews usually take about 30 mins for the DI (defence interview) my psych was about 20 min and my medical was 20 mins. In bris they did tests like hearing, urine weight etc with the nurse first and you saw a dr later in the day.

Bring a book to read or something, there is heaps of waiting.. but hopefully all worth it in the end :)

Good luck.

rizz_31

HSC
hey guys, just to those who were wondering, they have an intake every week into kapooka with 25 ppl each time, my mates in the 1st intake, the 5th of january and they run up thru until march i think so yeh they move through it pretty quickly

Greekgirlie

HSC
hey guys, just to those who were wondering, they have an intake every week into kapooka with 25 ppl each time, my mates in the 1st intake, the 5th of january and they run up thru until march i think so yeh they move through it pretty quickly
thanks Rizz. So you're one of the last intakes now cos your enlistment moved?
Thats good that theres one every week though. makes me more confident about the march date i got offered.

mggail

HSC
hey are you going navy army of air force? my assessment day went good, for army. except i was the last person to leave i was there for about 4 or 5 hours - so prepare to be there for a long time. get there early!! just know your job really really well - and the psych consult is pretty intense they kinda try to trick you, but its not bad.
okay thanks.. i'm going putting in for army :) what job are you going to be doing? and how many people were at yours?

annzy

HSC
dental assistant - i haven't heard of anyone else doing that though! um there were about twenty people at mine i just wish i had of got there earlier. so get there early!!!! where are you from? and what job are you going for?

juliafattore

HSC

Hey so they didnt mind at all that you changed your dates? Your doing the Gap year yeh?

Veeee

HSC
Hey there, has anyone been accepted into Air Force Gap Year for next year?! Just got my letter; enlistment date is in January...woo hoo! :D

mggail

HSC
dental assistant - i haven't heard of anyone else doing that though! um there were about twenty people at mine i just wish i had of got there earlier. so get there early!!!! where are you from? and what job are you going for?
ohk will you be able to use the qualifications you get with that outside of adf? my first prefence is operator movement ...

righto, early :) was it set up much the same as the You session? Oh and is pretty much everything you need to know on the adf website?

and i'm from Albany in WA.. what about you?

Greekgirlie

HSC
ohk will you be able to use the qualifications you get with that outside of adf? my first prefence is operator movement ...

righto, early :) was it set up much the same as the You session? Oh and is pretty much everything you need to know on the adf website?

Mggail, all the stuff for the navy was on the adf website for mine. Also they gave me a booklet on my YOU session with heaps of stuff for all the forces if you got one give that a thorough read too.

Yeah pretty similar to you session interveiw bit where you wait to be called but its different now. ususally do medical stuff first and DI last so it depends. Mine went medical, psych and then DI...

good luck

annzy

HSC

yeah pretty similar set-up to the YOU. i'm from victoria - in south gippsland in a little town called nyora lol it is a hole!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)