Academic Achievement Award for UNSW (1 Viewer)

samirs_maxin

HSC
I got a letter and a phone call from UNSW stating i got the (AAA) should I have the courses in my preference list to UNSW at the top of my list? does it matter?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I got a letter and a phone call from UNSW stating i got the (AAA) should I have the courses in my preference list to UNSW at the top of my list? does it matter?
You should if you are seriously considering UNSW as your future uni.

Otherwise, no.

samirs_maxin

HSC
Ok thanks but lets say for a bachelor of science would an employer be more attracted to someone from UNSW or MACQ assuming the person from UNSW and MACQ got exact same marks

sickk

HSC
you guys got phonecalls? i just got the nomination certificate

Jeee

Banned
HSC
How do you get one of these things? Is there somewhere you apply?
Please enlighten me.

kevinant

HSC
I'd definitely suggest you take the scholarship by put UNSW as your first preference, unless you have extremely decent reason (likelihood <1%) , then don't do silly thing. If you want to know what is silly thing you can google up my post from the profile.

P.s. The likelihood of you encounter a decent reason is less than one thousandth, since you got 5 bonus point along with with scholarship, and also it's very unlikely you get merit scholarship elsewhere.

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I'd definitely suggest you take the scholarship by put UNSW as your first preference, unless you have extremely decent reason (likelihood <1%) , then don't do silly thing. If you want to know what is silly thing you can google up my post from the profile.

P.s. The likelihood of you encounter a decent reason is less than one thousandth, since you got 5 bonus point along with with scholarship, and also it's very unlikely you get merit scholarship elsewhere.
What if you got shortlisted at another uni and believe you'll get a decent ATAR and so could possible be offered an entry/merit scholarship? Would it be ok to change your preference for just like 3 days around ATAR day to see if you were offered anything (Some unis will only offer them if they are in your 1st preference) and change it back before the closing date in january? Or should you take no chances at all and stick with UNSW because you already have AAA guaranteed?

samirs_maxin

HSC

Thanks I've changed my preferences so that the first 3 are for UNSW hopefully I'll get atleast one of them

kevinant

HSC
If you believe you can get the merit scholarship (being shortlisted increase your chance but doesn't mean you'll get it,but my friend got it after being shortlisted). Then put that uni in first preference in the main round, However, you have to make sure you end up in UNSW(by late round/final round etc) if you want this AAA scholarship.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I'm in a similar boat to anna .... except I want to end up at USYD provided I can land an entry scholarship and the course cutoff (argh). But if I make the USYD cutoff without an entry scholarship then I would take UNSW because of the $4000. And then of course there's UNSW's five bonus points to consider if I didn't make either cutoff straight out ...

Point is, will Sydney still offer entry/merit if I switch it to second preference? Because I was thinking I could just leave everything as it was (1. USYD, 2. UNSW) since offers didn't come out until January but this thread has got me slightly worried ...

ETA: Thanks kevinant, that helps a bit.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
If you believe you can get the merit scholarship (being shortlisted increase your chance but doesn't mean you'll get it,but my friend got it after being shortlisted). Then put that uni in first preference in the main round, However, you have to make sure you end up in UNSW(by late round/final round etc) if you want this AAA scholarship.
Oh i see. But they offer merit scholarships on the day of your ATAR don't they so if i get nothing i could just change UNSW to my 1st prefernce again?

I'm in a similar boat to anna .... except I want to end up at USYD provided I can land an entry scholarship and the course cutoff (argh). But if I make the USYD cutoff without an entry scholarship then I would take UNSW because of the $4000. And then of course there's UNSW's five bonus points to consider if I didn't make either cutoff straight out ...

Point is, will Sydney still offer entry/merit if I switch it to second preference? Because I was thinking I could just leave everything as it was (1. USYD, 2. UNSW) since offers didn't come out until January but this thread has got me slightly worried ...
Sucks eh? :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)