Aboriginal children in care now exceeds stolen generations (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
katie tully said:
ohlol

you're over compensating for the fact you come from the western suburbs.

they're just words mum, you're running away. you wouldn't believe what the kids say today, they're just words mum and they wont go away, something something etc
Don't you be putting down the western suburbs, We'll bash ya bro.

boris

Banned
HSC
fucking pissed myself at that headline.

"Aborigines 'don't know rape is illegal'"

Epic.

Edit: also quite disturbing. The fact that these are REAL abos in arhnem land makes it a little more palitable. What about the ones in narrandera? they know that it is illegal. They have no ties to tribal elders and shit and are still classed as aboriginals. Except they know the law and openly flout it.

Last edited:

bigboyjames01

Banned
HSC
in the 21st century i would love to be born an abo....the amount of fucking resources i would get from the government would set me straight for life.

btw, i got a mate at uni who is like 25% abo, he is white though......is he counted as "abo" ?

boris

Banned
HSC
bigboyjames01 said:
in the 21st century i would love to be born an abo....the amount of fucking resources i would get from the government would set me straight for life.

btw, i got a mate at uni who is like 25% abo, he is white though......is he counted as "abo" ?
Yes he is classed as abo. I think you need to be like 1/16th or maybe 1/8th to be abo and get benefits of the government.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
boris said:
Yes he is classed as abo. I think you need to be like 1/16th or maybe 1/8th to be abo and get benefits of the government.
no, you dont even need that

all you need to do to prove aboriginality, is to get the elders or some respected tribesman from the local abo community to sign some shit saying they believe you are of abo heritage

you dont have to prove shit otherwise.

boris

Banned
HSC
Sign me up. $233 a fortnight for my uni even though i have a fulltime job and am only doing it part time. $740 a fortnight if im doing a masters. Tell mum so she can claim. Thats like a new jackets a week for dad a fortnight. But because im not abo i dont get any of that? Seems a bit rich dont you think?

boris

Banned
HSC
Goon is like $9.50 for 4L at coles. Petrol is cheaper.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
remember that night in narrandera when we were walking to the pub, and those 12 year old abo kids tried to fight us :confused:

Lentern

HSC
katie tully said:
remember that night in narrandera when we were walking to the pub, and those 12 year old abo kids tried to fight us :confused:
Why? what did they have against you?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Lentern said:
Why? what did they have against you?
fucked if i know eh, we were walking from one pub to another, a group of like 5 of us, and we get to the corner and these abo kids jump out from behind the shrubs and tried to pick a fight with us

we would have lol'd at them, except they were probably packin sharp pointy things in their pockets.

Lentern

HSC
katie tully said:
fucked if i know eh, we were walking from one pub to another, a group of like 5 of us, and we get to the corner and these abo kids jump out from behind the shrubs and tried to pick a fight with us

we would have lol'd at them, except they were probably packin sharp pointy things in their pockets.
Seems pretty stupid and disturbing, almost as if they'd been raised in a disadvtanged environment. I wonder what kind of history could have prompted that. Sounds almost like there ancestors might have been oppressed begining a trend of dysfunctional family units which will only be overcome with some tolerance, patience and genuine support.

That was shamelessly staged even for me.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Man my dad came on a 747 I dont have an innate need to check luggage.

Lentern

HSC
katie tully said:
Hey I came from the convict ships, I wonder why I don't have this innate need to go steal bread :confused:
You got it better at what the 1840's? As opposed to late sixties and early seventies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)