Aboriginal children in care now exceeds stolen generations (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
katie tully said:
Pretty sure women were still second class citizens in the 50s man.
Second class is probably a fair few class' better than indigenous Australians were until Gough came along.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Okay, so if Aborignals can use their heritage as an excuse for todays behaviour, what excuses can other nationalities use?

If you're Balkan, can you say that being brought up in a war zone gave you a predisposition to killing kittens?

If you're Vietnamese, can you say that your parents being exposed to the Vietnam war made you predisposed to whatever it is the Vietnamese do?

There are just as many groups of people with histories worse than the Aboriginals, and I just don't buy using the past to excuse current behaviour.

Lentern

HSC
katie tully said:
Okay, so if Aborignals can use their heritage as an excuse for todays behaviour, what excuses can other nationalities use?

If you're Balkan, can you say that being brought up in a war zone gave you a predisposition to killing kittens?

If you're Vietnamese, can you say that your parents being exposed to the Vietnam war made you predisposed to whatever it is the Vietnamese do?

There are just as many groups of people with histories worse than the Aboriginals, and I just don't buy using the past to excuse current behaviour.
Um, there was a genocide in Tasmania, not all that much worse.

Just explain to me how you can expect someone who was abused so abhorently as a child and even as an adult to be a great parent mentor, or as gooder one as he or she would have been had they had a nicer upbringing, and how can you expect the child of this upbringing to then harness their potential to be a great parent/mentor and so the trend continues and whilst the broader community progess' you're community, allready at a disadvantage stagnates.

How do you expect someone from such a background to harness their potential in a way someone from a typical Australian background does? Let alone without those more fortunate assuring the that the wrongs of he past were indeed wrong and that it is widely desired for the damage to be repaired?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Lentern said:

Just explain to me how you can expect someone who was abused so abhorently as a child and even as an adult to be a great parent mentor, or as gooder one as he or she would have been had they had a nicer upbringing, and how can you expect the child of this upbringing to then harness their potential to be a great parent/mentor and so the trend continues and whilst the broader community progess' you're community, allready at a disadvantage stagnates.

How do you expect someone from such a background to harness their potential in a way someone from a typical Australian background does? Let alone without those more fortunate assuring the that the wrongs of he past were indeed wrong and that it is widely desired for the damage to be repaired?
How do you expect us to do it for them?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Yeah, and I don't get the repeated references to Tasmania.

If all the Aboriginals native to Tasmania were wiped out in a genocide, none of them can whinge about it because none of them are left :confused:

Lentern

HSC
katie tully said:
Yeah, and I don't get the repeated references to Tasmania.

If all the Aboriginals native to Tasmania were wiped out in a genocide, none of them can whinge about it because none of them are left :confused:
I believe in more recent years some rare exceptions that survived have crawled out of the woodwork convinced they are now safe but most of those you hear about are not full aboriginal.

boris

Banned
HSC
I suspect the reason they wanted a fight was because they are uneducated due to not attending school, ever. They have no parents, in the sense that their parents are useless jobless drug addicts, so have nothing better to do than to roam the streets all day and night. The boredom they face causes them to generally sit outside coles all day and yell abuse at old ladies. The gov needs to stop babying them. The current generation is going to be even worse than the previous one. I mean what kind of 14yr old goes around starting fights with 18yr olds because they are white? The have no respect for anything. The aboriginal kids who do go to school and play sport and are normal, despite coming from the same families (cousins and shit, they are all related around here), get picked on and called coconuts (black on the outside, white on the inside - yes they have a word for it) for hanging around white people (school friends etc). It doesn't make sense. I dont know what has made them this way. They are like it from a young age too. Its not uncommon to see 6yr olds swearing and fighting and stealing in the main st. WTF so confusing

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
I got swore at in Dubbo by an Aboriginal kid, no more than 6 years old, sitting in the street on a school day smoking a cigarette

I was like wtf :confused:

Lentern

HSC
boris said:
I suspect the reason they wanted a fight was because they are uneducated due to not attending school, ever. They have no parents, in the sense that their parents are useless jobless drug addicts, so have nothing better to do than to roam the streets all day and night. The boredom they face causes them to generally sit outside coles all day and yell abuse at old ladies. The gov needs to stop babying them. The current generation is going to be even worse than the previous one. I mean what kind of 14yr old goes around starting fights with 18yr olds because they are white? The have no respect for anything. The aboriginal kids who do go to school and play sport and are normal, despite coming from the same families (cousins and shit, they are all related around here), get picked on and called coconuts (black on the outside, white on the inside - yes they have a word for it) for hanging around white people (school friends etc). It doesn't make sense. I dont know what has made them this way. They are like it from a young age too. Its not uncommon to see 6yr olds swearing and fighting and stealing in the main st. WTF so confusing
Oh dear lord. You cannot honestly be so convinced of your own rhetoric to think the status quo is self induced and that the government as institution who proffitted off their slave labour and who profitted from their stolen land does not owe the communities support, tolerance and apology in order for them to effectively recover.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
The Australian government didn't steal their land, considering we didn't have an Australian government until 1901.

If you want to blame anybody, blame Imperial England and its quest for land.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Lentern said:

Lol, I'm just stuck on that. Lol, "as gooder."

Lentern

HSC
katie tully said:
The Australian government didn't steal their land, considering we didn't have an Australian government until 1901.

If you want to blame anybody, blame Imperial England and its quest for land.
So long as the crown is still the head of state the Australian government is still tied to the empire.

Lentern

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
Lol, I'm just stuck on that. Lol, "as gooder."
I write as I speak that's the problem. Excellent speaker believe you me, I try and put it into writing and without paying attention I just write it as I say it, it's terrible I know. Another one I do alot is write "his" in place of "he's."

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Lentern said:
So long as the crown is still the head of state the Australian government is still tied to the empire.
Wouldn't it make sense to make the Queen apologise as well then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)