Aboriginal children in care now exceeds stolen generations (1 Viewer)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
hpdanemma said:
haha I just think its funny you can't come up with coherent justifications for your views and instead revert to insulting people of opposing ideas.
lol the fuck are you on about

Every single one of my posts has been coherant. They've been more coherant than yours and that other chicks, all which have consisted of
'OMG THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS RACE, WE'RE ALL HUMANS!'
"U voet for Pauline Hanson"
"I do chemistry i r smart!"

I've told you time and time again my stance, and each time it has been coherant. All I've seen from you two is the same pathetic ramblings about 'plz dont stereotype and dont swear !~&!*"

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
hpdanemma said:
By the way, I swear a lot too. It's a very bad habit and I actually really don't like that I do, but yeh it's just a fact. My point is that I don't feel the need to personally and directly insult complete strangers with derogatory terms because I can't think of anythign better to say.
Good for you Mother Teresa, go write a fucking book about it.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
RSVPixie said:
Im not trying to re-write history, Im just saying that the Liberal Govt. is no longer in power, so its a moot point. As you so rightly pointed out, it is now HISTORY, i.e. in the past/over. Thank god.
You implied that the downfall of the Howard Government had something to do with their policies on indigenous affairs.

RSVPixie

HSC
N/A
katie tully said:
No I swear all the time in every day conversations.
it's my vice. Like some people smoke, I swear.
And swearing in this instance, much like smoking, is disgusting, unattractive and bad for you. If its a habit, its a good habit to break.

RSVPixie

HSC
N/A
Graney said:
You implied that the downfall of the Howard Government had something to do with their policies on indigenous affairs.
did i really? how strange.

i implied that the howard government had overall bad policies.

I disagree with the way they gained power over keating in the first place, too; the whole scare campaign about aboriginies stealing your land under the native title act.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
RSVPixie said:
I disagree with the way they gained power over keating in the first place, too; the whole scare campaign about aboriginies stealing your land under the native title act.
Yes. That is the reason Keating lost the election...

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
katie tully said:
Okay cool story Hansel, let's now move past me swearing and stay on topic.
I think that you shud say sorry

hpdanemma

HSC
katie tully said:
Good for you Mother Teresa, go write a fucking book about it.
:haha: Yup thanks for helping prove my point.

Umm anyway, I think you're ignoring a lot of my previous points and focusing on the idea that I'm not listening and that I'm wrong or not making sense etc. The thing is I understand where you're coming from and there are a lot more indigenous people in gaols etc but obviously there are reasons for this and I don't like it that you're putting the blame on the entire Aboriginal race considering the factors that cause the issue are primarily based on a loss of cultural heritage and identity. Ancestory is extremely important in the Aboriginal culture and it the suffering of past generations has a huge influence on how some Aboriginals view western culture and our laws. I just think we should focus on helping all Australians as opposed to putting them down and focussing on our differences. Of course, this is a two way street and all we can do is offer the help, it is up to each individual wether they want to accept it or not. Or maybe we're offering the wrong help? I don't really know, but either way I'm not going to put an entire cultural group down because they are more disadvantaged than me.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I'm 1/2 english and I quite enjoy tea and biscuits. Stereotypes are real, QED.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
katie tully said:
up yours, young people?
And not just 'regret' at what was done in the past, but a sincere apology centered around the word 'sorry'. Words started this division and words can fix it still. As a standard bearer for other swearers, past and present, I think you should apologise on behalf of them too. Only then can NCAP move forward

RSVPixie

HSC
N/A
Riet said:
I'm 1/2 english and I quite enjoy tea and biscuits. Stereotypes are real, QED.
but not everyone can be classified under them.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Today we honour the well-bred members of this forum, the oldest continuing forum in BoS history.

We reflect on their past mistreatment.

We reflect in particular on the mistreatment of those who were Sworn At – this blemished chapter in our forum's history.

The time has now come for NCAP to turn a new page in BoS history by righting the wrongs of the past and so moving forward with confidence to the future.

As moderator of NCAP, I apologise for the swears and abuse of successive members and their trolls that have inflicted profound grief, suffering and loss on these our fellow meek members.

I apologise especially for the removal of Catholic and other Christian students from their place in DGE, their NS and their site.

For the pain, suffering and hurt of these verbally abused generations, their descendants and for their families left behind, I say sorry.

To the mothers and the fathers, the brothers and the sisters, for the breaking up of families and communities, I say sorry.

And for the indignity and degradation thus inflicted on a proud people and a proud culture, I say sorry.

We the Mod team of BoS respectfully request that this apology be received in the spirit in which it is offered as part of the healing of the website.

For the future we take heart; resolving that this new page in the history of our great forum can now be written.

We today take this first step by acknowledging the past and laying claim to a future that embraces all members.

A future where this forum resolves that the injustices of the past must never, never happen again.

A future where we harness the determination of all members, foul-mouthed and righteous, to close the gap that lies between us in class, educational achievement and economic opportunity.

A future where we embrace the possibility of new solutions to enduring problems where old approaches have failed.

A future based on mutual respect, mutual resolve and mutual responsibility.

A future where all members, whatever their origins, are truly equal partners, with equal opportunities and with an equal stake in shaping the next chapter in the history of this great website, BoredOfStudies.org

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Look all Im saying is Im not aboriginal and don't abuse children.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)