• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Aboriginal children in care now exceeds stolen generations (1 Viewer)

boris

Banned
HSC
Maybe we should give them abstudy...wait what?

Edit: Rockroad, to be fair, they massacred white fellas too lol

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
toadcat said:
So fucking what?

If they cannot provide adequate care to their children, they SHOULD be taken away as it is in the best interests of their children, regardless of whatever social status they are in, its no excuse. What you are saying is that they should be given lee-way in providing shit care for their children because they are Aboriginal? Isn't that racist too?
You are talking about something totally different. Boris said
Or maybe abos just dont know how to look after kids properly??

And I said that it didn't make sense that Aboriginal people were intrinsically pad parents. And that it must be something external.

You went off on a tangent and put strange words in my mouth.

boris

Banned
HSC
Rockyroad said:
"Victim charade"?
What you don't think they were victims?
"What did we do to them?"
I'm talking about my race of white ppl who massacred Aborigines, and took their children away and much more.

You're an invasion denier.
Their situation is terrible. There is still heaps of racism. How about all the deaths in custody and terrible rates of unemployment and lack of medical facilites.
I can barley be bothered to describe it all. It's so obvious.
I am really shocked and apalled by your attitude. And can't we have different opinions without swearing at each other? Unlike me, you always seem to get abusive.
You have no idea what you are talking about you silly twot. Until you live in one of these communities side by side with abos you will never know. Sure there are hard working abos out there who have jobs and dont rape their children etc, and they are good blokes. The rest, 70% are scum who wish to do nothing more with their life than smoke, drinking flagons all day, get benefits of the government and abuse their children. The amount of advantages they have over the rest of the population in regards to welfare, eductional assistance and medical care is astounding. You have no freaking idea.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
boris said:
Maybe we should give them abstudy...wait what?

Edit: Rockroad, to be fair, they massacred white fellas too lol
When anyone plays the 'they massacred white fellas too" card I give up.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
boris said:
Until you live in one of these communities side by side with abos you will never know.

just out of curiosity, have you?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Rockyroad said:
"Victim charade"?
What you don't think they were victims?
"What did we do to them?"
I'm talking about my race of white ppl who massacred Aborigines, and took their children away and much more.

You're an invasion denier.
Their situation is terrible. There is still heaps of racism. How about all the deaths in custody and terrible rates of unemployment and lack of medical facilites.
I can barley be bothered to describe it all. It's so obvious.
I am really shocked and apalled by your attitude. And can't we have different opinions without swearing at each other? Unlike me, you always seem to get abusive.
lol

200 years ago, they hadnt worked out that if it's round it rolls. And this massacre you talk about, when was the last time this happened? Are you honestly trying to tell me that whatever happened 150 years ago is still an excuse for these guys to neglect and abuse their children? Considering they have more benefits and incentives than any other Australian makes me think that maybe they're just stupid. And then people like you yap on about their ridiculous plight.

It's 2008. They have no excuse to blame the past anymore. I can think of 10 other countries "invaded" by Britain that didn't end up half as retarded as the Aborigines.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
fernando said:
just out of curiosity, have you?
He lives in Narrandera man.

Seriously, it's like one of those scummy NT abo camps where white people who go to work get their cars vandalised and it's not safe to walk home at 6pm incase the 8 year old abo kids rape you.

Lentern

HSC
boris said:
Well considering that they have 1 in 6 children in state care and they have access to far more government handouts then i think its pretty obvious that abos cant look after children properly.
I'm sorry but if 1 in 6 of them are in need of state care, doesn't that mean 5 in 6 are not? Not for a moment suggesting it's a desirable status quo but you seem to be saying that an ethnic group are typically failing when 83% around about are succeding.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
I don't see how anyone can deny that it is not a race related issue. Despite the sob stories, this is the same situation as that which occurred years ago. A family friend of mine worked on the missions in Western Australia in the 1960's. Many children were brought by the Aboriginal Elders themselves, and not taken out of their homes unvoluntarily. One of those children was ultimately adopted into the family, and still lives with them today. She harboured no issues relating to the 'stolen generation' until it became fashionable.

The elders of the day can recognise when the parents are not in any shape to rear their children effectively. Until we move past this 'us vs them' rubbish, the cycle will just perpertuate.

There are parents of all creed and colour (excused the cliche) who are unable to bring up their children. It just so happens that a certain race is overrepresented in this regard. Obviously their social situation is a major factor, but it in itself is no excuse.

Lentern

HSC
katie tully said:
They're over represented in jail too, I guess that's our fault as well?
I suppose those who you could catergorise as "aussies" begin getting bashed by a few mates at say a beach in Cronulla who showed a contempt for the "aussies" way of life would react in a perfectly law abiding way, peacefull way. And if a genocide was commited in Tasmania against these "aussies" I suppose the rest of them would be even law abiding then after the Cronulla incident.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
lol

200 years ago, they hadnt worked out that if it's round it rolls. And this massacre you talk about, when was the last time this happened? Are you honestly trying to tell me that whatever happened 150 years ago is still an excuse for these guys to neglect and abuse their children? Considering they have more benefits and incentives than any other Australian makes me think that maybe they're just stupid. And then people like you yap on about their ridiculous plight.

It's 2008. They have no excuse to blame the past anymore. I can think of 10 other countries "invaded" by Britain that didn't end up half as retarded as the Aborigines.
Yea right. Decades of supressed culture, discrimination, segregation, few human rights etc etc etc won't have any effect on future generations. Sure sure.
So you truly believe that Aboriginal people are an inferior race that whose situation is a result of their own laziness and stupidity instead of their treatment...?
If so you're just a nutter.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Lentern said:
I suppose those who you could catergorise as "aussies" begin getting bashed by a few mates at say a beach in Cronulla who showed a contempt for the "aussies" way of life would react in a perfectly law abiding way, peacefull way. And if a genocide was commited in Tasmania against these "aussies" I suppose the rest of them would be even law abiding then after the Cronulla incident.
I have no idea what you just said.
Rephrase ASAP.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Rockyroad said:
Yea right. Decades of supressed culture, discrimination, segregation, few human rights etc etc etc won't have any effect on future generations. Sure sure.
So you truly believe that Aboriginal people are an inferior race that whose situation is a result of their own laziness and stupidity instead of their treatment...?
If so you're just a nutter.
Basically. I've seen their attitudes first hand. The longer we continue to pander to the stupidity and actively segregate white and Aboriginal Australia, the longer this charade will go on.

It's time to put our foot down and stop this nonsense. Dwelling on whatever issues from the past YOU seem to think impacts the way people act now won't get us far.

Australia was a penal colony for criminals, and look how we turned out.

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
katie tully said:
Australia was a penal colony for criminals, and look how we turned out.
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I cannot believe you just used that as part of your argument for how the past doesn't impact on the way ppl act today. Oh my god. :rofl:

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Rockyroad said:
HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I cannot believe you just used that. Oh my god. :rofl:
I totally did.

Lentern

HSC
katie tully said:
I have no idea what you just said.
Rephrase ASAP.
Will it suffice if I just say you're a goober.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
boris said:
So even though what happened back then was right, the aboriginals resented it, therefore Rudd had to apologise for previous governments helping them, so they would accept the help being afforded to them now?
Well today we dont have the same theories of racial superiority. Back then, they were viewed as so inferior that we didnt even recognise that they had any claim over the land that they lived on. But the intervention today has been done with much consultation with Aboriginal people - Noel Pearson was the fella who actually convinced Howard that it had to be done. So we've at least done them that basic courtesy, which no doubt has resulted in less mistakes/miscommunications/resentments etc.

We can now get on with the task at hand in terms of the question of delivering a narrowed gap amongst indigenous populations, delivering budget surpluses, maintaining the independence of the reserve bank, tackling climate change, and ensuring that workplace reform is achieved without throwing the fair go out the back door.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
the fact is that the best possible life for a child in abo culture would be pretty shocking by white standards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)