70 WAM. Easy or difficult? (1 Viewer)

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
well then elec engineers will learn civil engineering as well, cant be too hard.
The degree length for Civil engineering is the same as that for Electrical engineering I believe. They are two different discplines. Both have important jobs.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
are u sure about that noob?

If anything elec engineers would get more, or they would be equal.

The future is basically all about electronics, the advances in the future will all be electrical. lol while civil engineering is like the same as it was 100years ago.

Whats new in terms of buildings noob civil engineers?
I don't think the Burj KHalifa could have been built 100 years ago. There is enoguh new CE processes in that (record concrete pumping is one) alone to give you hundreads of answers. FEA is another big development also with regards to buildings.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
You will always need civil engineers as long as you need buildings, roads, damns, bridges and many others things. Also some of my dad's engineering professor mates told me that civil has some of the best job prospects among engineering disciplines.

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A
some of the best job prospects among engineering disciplines.
yeh, "some" , but not the best noob.

also civil engineers are more exposed to losing their job in economic downturns

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
yeh, "some" , but not the best noob.

also civil engineers are more exposed to losing their job in economic downturns
I think you will find electrical engineers are more likely to be unemployed than civil engineers during times of economic down turns as we have recently seen. Power companies et all etc will delay or put off major electrical eng. projects until economics improve. Meanwhile many hundreds thousands of local roads still need maintained (even if commissioning on new projects is low etc) etc, not to mention everything else.

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A
Civil Engineering is fucking awesome ok.
nah, its full of fail asians, just look at tommykins, massive noob.

Atleast elec engineering has smart asians, civil just has fail asians

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
this fat nerd rages so hard it's funny

just jelly of my wam really

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
nah, its full of fail asians, just look at tommykins, massive noob.

Atleast elec engineering has smart asians, civil just has fail asians
So now you are discriminating by not only skin color but also by perceived difficulty of said course chosen? You could have gotten a 99.95 ATAR and done an ARTS degree. It does not make you dumb becuase of the degree you chose (in-fact you could say it makes you smart as you are doing something you want to do). By your own logic Matthew G, if you are so smart why are you not doing Medicine?

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A
So now you are discriminating by not only skin color but also by perceived difficulty of said course chosen? You could have gotten a 99.95 ATAR and done an ARTS degree. It does not make you dumb becuase of the degree you chose (in-fact you could say it makes you smart as you are doing something you want to do). By your own logic Matthew G, if you are so smart why are you not doing Medicine?

medicine is easier than engineering

medicine is easy, only hard part is getting into it. Every noob in the world wants to do medicine because they think they are going to be a filthy rich hero and save a million lives. Thats just crap, its the actual nurses that do the physical work , being a doctor is mainly paper work from what I have heard.

So UAC has to set the cut off for medicine real high to filter out all the people that think they are going to be a hero.

ATAR cutoff does not have anything to do with difficulty of degree or smarts required. Medicine and Law are usually the two highest cut offs, and yet they involve the least brains to pass

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Oh so laplace is Matty G?! Interesting.

And yeah... I'd have to agree somewhat with Law not being very... smart. Apparently people started making out in public at Law Camp. And they're supposed to be the 'elite' of university <_<

And I could've done law if I wanted to. le sigh

ibbi00

HSC
its the actual nurses that do the physical work , being a doctor is mainly paper work from what I have heard.
The scary thing is that you're not trolling and that you actually believe this :S

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A
The scary thing is that you're not trolling and that you actually believe this :S
I am fairly sure its correct. Doctors dont do alot of hands on work, most of it is them just in a office, then the nurses etc do most of the life saving, then the doctor comes out, signs a piece of paper or something and claims all the praise.

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A
Think about this, how many first year medicine students do you think know basic first aid and CPR before they start their degree? I would think very little.

Most of them just want to be the hero but have absolutely no other reason for it.

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A

And yeah... I'd have to agree somewhat with Law not being very... smart. Apparently people started making out in public at Law Camp. And they're supposed to be the 'elite' of university <_<

yeh I needed to come up with a new username I could remember, and I am doing laplace transforms in elec engineering right now, so yeh, and I am a math genius so I thought the name was approriate as laplace was a mathematician

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A
why aren't you banned yet?
dont worry, some asshole will ban me ( well this account soon lol) , amazing its managed to last like 20hrs and not get banned

must have been a while since Asure or Absolutezero or harrisony has been on, those cunts are the ones that are always banning me, I should drop them on their heads for being such jerks. shit moderators on this site

shady145

Banned
HSC
Think about this, how many first year medicine students do you think know basic first aid and CPR before they start their degree? I would think very little.

Most of them just want to be the hero but have absolutely no other reason for it.
don't you learn that stuff in pdh/pe?

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A

wtf is wrong with you?
PEOPLE MADE OUT ON LAW CAMP OMG NO definitely shows no intelligence etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)