70 WAM. Easy or difficult? (1 Viewer)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
how obvious do u want to make it that ur the same fart thats been banned over and over? sheesh some people will never give up

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
thats only because you are stupid.

I had two computer programming subjects ( that I really didnt like at all ) attack my WAM and I had two physics subjects, phys 1A and 1B, and I still managed to get 70% even though I was lucky to do like one tutorial question per week ( and that was the easiest question in the group, usually just a substitution question :p, I would have been lucky to have done like one out of every twenty in that tutorial problems book)

I got 63 and 69 for comp 1A and 1B , and 66 and 71 for phys 1A and 1B , and I still managed to get 72 WAM over the first year after those rapings from those screwed up subjects.

You are just failing because you are shit at maths, and an engineer that is shit at maths is gauranteed to fail because you are just going to continue repeating your maths mistakes throughout your degree and will keep losing marks on the same mistakes.
I beat you at Physics Matthew G. How does that make you feel?

L

laplace16

doesnt worry me much noob

Also I checked myunsw and there are some edits

Comp 1A = 62 , Comp 1B = 65 , Higher Phys 1A = 69 , Higher Phys 1B = 73.

May or may not affect whether you got higher. But I still managed to average out to 72 after those two comp marks

Nevertheless, if you did get higher I would be willing to bet that it was by no more than prob 5% lol , and I assume you are referring to phys 1A ( because I am fairly sure those noob civil engineers dont do phys 1B as its electrostatics ). LOL, phys 1A was an absolute joke, 20% on a online midterm test that people ended up doing in groups of like 10 at a time. I would have been one of the (very) few that actually did the quizzes and midterm test by myself, I am assuming you did with a group of atleast 5 others , only way you could have got a pass. God the amount of plagairism that happens in the physics course is just amasing, and the lecturers do like fuck all to try and stop it.

Anyway, if you wanted to be good at one of either maths or physics , you would go for maths. Maths is literally everywhere in engineering ( but more so in electrical from what I here ). Right now their are people in ELEC2134 ( a basic electric circuit course ) that were a noob at maths in first year maths and now they are having trouble with complex numbers , integration , differentiation and solving differential equations. Last week we had lectures that were basically just maths, revision of solving differential equations, for the people that were good at maths it was yawn worthy but all the people that were noob at maths looked so lost LOL.

Also, I dont even use any of that physics for atleast another year in my degree ( if I use it at all ) , so even if I did get it all in first year I would have forgotten it all by third year , so its not like I would really have been any better off doing well at first year physics, first year maths on the other hand will come up everywhere in engineering, so obviously if you are good at maths you have a solid advantage come later years

Last edited by a moderator:
L

laplace16

how obvious do u want to make it that ur the same fart thats been banned over and over? sheesh some people will never give up
thats the point dumb asian. Even if I did have a different username they would still figure out its me and ban me.

The moderators are being extremely annoying though, it does take like 2 minutes to make a new hotmail and BOS account , so its a bit inconvenient that I need to do all that to get to get post shit on here again.

Especially moderators like harrisony, Asure and Absolutezero, they are really starting to piss me off, maybe I should just pick those little shits up and drop them like this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqD_TxPeZgI. Only problem is they are too scare to come to unsw for a bashing , or they live in some shit hole in western sydney.

But instead of just throwing them onto the concrete I just smash them head first into the ground, give their necks a little massage

Last edited by a moderator:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
so is that picture of the fat nerd really random? if so im laughing at every posts he makes

ps. lol @ those marks

Last edited:

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
doesnt worry me much noob

Also I checked myunsw and there are some edits

Comp 1A = 62 , Comp 1B = 65 , Higher Phys 1A = 69 , Higher Phys 1B = 73.

May or may not affect whether you got higher. But I still managed to average out to 72 after those two comp marks

Nevertheless, if you did get higher I would be willing to bet that it was by no more than prob 5% lol , and I assume you are referring to phys 1A ( because I am fairly sure those noob civil engineers dont do phys 1B as its electrostatics ). LOL, phys 1A was an absolute joke, 20% on a online midterm test that people ended up doing in groups of like 10 at a time. I would have been one of the (very) few that actually did the quizzes and midterm test by myself, I am assuming you did with a group of atleast 5 others , only way you could have got a pass. God the amount of plagairism that happens in the physics course is just amasing, and the lecturers do like fuck all to try and stop it.

Anyway, if you wanted to be good at one of either maths or physics , you would go for maths. Maths is literally everywhere in engineering ( but more so in electrical from what I here ). Right now their are people in ELEC2134 ( a basic electric circuit course ) that were a noob at maths in first year maths and now they are having trouble with complex numbers , integration , differentiation and solving differential equations. Last week we had lectures that were basically just maths, revision of solving differential equations, for the people that were good at maths it was yawn worthy but all the people that were noob at maths looked so lost LOL.

Also, I dont even use any of that physics for atleast another year in my degree ( if I use it at all ) , so even if I did get it all in first year I would have forgotten it all by third year , so its not like I would really have been any better off doing well at first year physics, first year maths on the other hand will come up everywhere in engineering, so obviously if you are good at maths you have a solid advantage come later years
20% higher than you in COMP1A, and as you said within 5% higher than you in PHYS1A.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Is that because you didn't manage to make friends at uni?

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A
Is that because you didn't manage to make friends at uni?
For starters, that is completely irrelavent. Does that justify the blantant copying/plagarism that students do in physics?

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
For starters, that is completely irrelavent. Does that justify the blantant copying/plagarism that students do in physics?
Uni is not a competition. It is about getting skills necessary to help you get a job. Team work and working with others is a big part of that.

You could be a brilliant student yet a company may hire somone with a credit average instead of your HD average because the credit average perosn has the social skills and the right attitute to work in the company/team environment which you might not possess etc.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I am not "proud" , but it is sort of an achievement to still get a avergae WAM of 72 after those pain in the ass subjects
Stop putting everyone down though. 72 is good. I think I got like 70 or something after first year if I remember correct.

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A
ps. lol @ those marks
I am sorry they arent up to your standards fail civil engineering asian , civil , the easiest engineering of them all.

You only had to do one physics subject and one computing subject so you had it easy bitch. First year physics subjects at uni are absolutely insane at the pace they go, if you have to do two of them then it impacts your WAM twice as much. Also, first year physics is so useless for electrical engineers, so far I havent needed any of it at all and I wont need to know it for atleast another year.

Computing was also extremely annoying, its the subject where you either get it, or you dont. If you did bad and didnt like comp1A then you obviously wont like comp1B , I wasnt doing those subjects for High Distinction you tryhard asian, I just wanted them to be over.

You on the other hand , civil engineering noob, had to do mechanics ( rotation, momentum) and all that other shit for you're civil engineering subjects , I didnt, so you actually kinda of had an incentive to do well at it. Seriously in physics 1A like 1/2 the time I was just in th lecture thinking wtf is Joe Wolfe on about. Some of the topics are just crap, All that bullshit theory on gases and thermodynamics (USELESS) , Sound and Doppler effect ( honestly, who gives a shit?) , all that crap on standing waves on a string ( USELESS ) . I dont use that shit anymore in my degree, and if I do I bet they wont go through it anywhere near as fast as they did in first year physics .

Last edited:

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
You on the other hand , civil engineering noob, had to do mechanics ( rotation, momentum) and all that other shit for you're civil engineering subjects , I didnt. Seriously in physics 1A like 1/2 the time I was just in th lecture thinking wtf is Joe Wolfe on about. Some of the topics are just crap, All that bullshit theory on gases and thermodynamics (USELESS) , Sound and Doppler effect ( honestly, who gives a shit?) , all that crap on standing waves on a string ( USELESS ) . I dont use that shit anymore in my degree, and if I do I bet they wont go through it anywhere near as fast as they did in first year physics .
Try to do a thermodynamics, structural analysis or structural design course. First year physics has nothing on them.

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A
Try to do a thermodynamics, structural analysis or structural design course. First year physics has nothing on them.
yeh, but I dont need to , im doing electrical engineering, the good engineering.

You guys like lay the bricks , and then we come in and fit it out with all the electrical systems, lights, lifts, wiring, communications, etc etc .

I am not saying that engineers are tradies, but elec engineers design the electrical shit whereas civil engineers just do some calculations to make sure it doesnt fall down

Conclusion : electrical engineering >> civil engineering. So little tommykins should shut his fukin head , wow, you can get good marks at your piss easy civil engineering subjects, good for you noob, go do some "soil mechanics" whatever the fuck that is like, mechanics of soil? wtf?. Beside I bet you did shit at first year, everyone does, expect tryhard asians.

But you are prob a tryhard asian aye?

Last edited:

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
yeh, but I dont need to , im doing electrical engineering, the good engineering.

You guys like lay the bricks , and then we come in and fit it out with all the electrical systems, lights, lifts, wiring, communications, etc etc .

I am not saying that engineers are tradies, but elec engineers design the electrical shit whereas civil engineers just do some calculations to make sure it doesnt fall down

Conclusion : electrical engineering >> civil engineering
I agree that electrical engineering is generally accepted as one of the 'harder' engineering disclipnes.

Althoguh your example above doesn't make much sense. What good are lights, power plugs or CAT5 cable if the building collapses?

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A
I agree that electrical engineering is generally accepted as one of the 'harder' engineering disclipnes.

Althoguh your example above doesn't make much sense. What good are lights, power plugs or CAT5 cable if the building collapses?
well then elec engineers will learn civil engineering as well, cant be too hard.

Also, elec engineers do comunications, radio, mobile phones, computers, etc etc. Alot more skills are required to even just pass electrical engineering , its not just like civil where you can just read a mechanics book and get it straight away, you have to learn how to do computer programming in greater depth than civil, which is quite challenging, you have to learn logic, boolean algebra and digital systems design which once again can get quite tricky.

Whereas civil engineering you are just considering one thing ( designing a building, WOW, or is that the architect? , the civil engineer just makes sure that the building will not fall down) all the time, its obviously easier to get good marks if you do the same stuff, over and over.

Last edited:

laplace20

Banned
HSC
N/A
Civil engineers make more money and are more in demand. :p
are u sure about that noob?

If anything elec engineers would get more, or they would be equal.

The future is basically all about electronics, the advances in the future will all be electrical. lol while civil engineering is like the same as it was 100years ago.

Whats new in terms of buildings noob civil engineers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)