70 WAM. Easy or difficult? (2 Viewers)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Really? My ECON1101 lecturer said "economics is about love" - and I was like... oh shi--

I'm hoping ACCT1501 doesn't have such abstract concepts <_<

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Really? My ECON1101 lecturer said "economics is about love" - and I was like... oh shi--

i did happen to love hsc economics and reading the course outline econ1101, looks like a blast :p

acct looks as boring as bat shit tohugh

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
mate try passing first ahahah

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

lol, i have that lecturer as well for Econ.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Alberto Motta? I find him quite entertaining actually.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
by studying do you mean ornopays and zyzz videos? i hear the two combine quite well!

DanJohnson

Premium Member
HSC
anyone know for UNSW if the 95 or 97min atar to transfer to combined law INCLUDES bonus marks?

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
anyone know for UNSW if the 95 or 97min atar to transfer to combined law INCLUDES bonus marks?
I would like to know this also.

Would be pretty lolzy if I did Economics/Law on bonus points from an EE2 major I finished in 2 weeks.

Prosper

HSC

I did both of those in my second semester at uni (Comp Sci major, our second semester first year you practically choose whatever subjects you want, you don't have the pre-reqs to do any of the higher computing courses)

D. Enharo was a great lecturer for ECON1101 and I actually found the course to be pretty awesome and useful just for everyday life.

ACCT1501 was really mundane though, I had three different lecturers over the semester, if you did business studies in high school, the first few weeks are pretty much revision.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
HSC
N/A
I have to agree with this. Based on this unsw distribution https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/assessment/gumleaf_diagram.html

Only 50% of students will get 70 or above. To say getting 70 is easy would be like saying '50% of uni students cannot achieve an easy task'.

But it's not unachievable, and it requires some hard work.
Actually it's worse than that...that distribution gives the percentage of those who pass. In lots of courses (eg maths 1) the failure rate is about 20% (and more if you include everyone who dropped out before the end of the course), so I'd guess that less than 40% of those who start a typical 1st year course get 70 or more. Being very clever and/or working hard helps!

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
I have to agree with this. Based on this unsw distribution https://my.unsw.edu.au/student/academiclife/assessment/gumleaf_diagram.html

Only 50% of students will get 70 or above. To say getting 70 is easy would be like saying '50% of uni students cannot achieve an easy task'.

But it's not unachievable, and it requires some hard work.
that data is based on results per course. ie 10% of people on average, get HD for a subject. however only 2% of students have HD wams. its like that for 70 wam as well, id say maybe 30-35% of people graduate with an above 70 wam

L

laplace15

A wam of 70 is not easy in any discipline.
thats only because you are stupid.

I had two computer programming subjects ( that I really didnt like at all ) attack my WAM and I had two physics subjects, phys 1A and 1B, and I still managed to get 70% even though I was lucky to do like one tutorial question per week ( and that was the easiest question in the group, usually just a substitution question :p, I would have been lucky to have done like one out of every twenty in that tutorial problems book)

I got 63 and 69 for comp 1A and 1B , and 66 and 71 for phys 1A and 1B , and I still managed to get 72 WAM over the first year after those rapings from those screwed up subjects.

You are just failing because you are shit at maths, and an engineer that is shit at maths is gauranteed to fail because you are just going to continue repeating your maths mistakes throughout your degree and will keep losing marks on the same mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)