6 months gym.. wat can be achieved? (1 Viewer)

_trickster_

Currently High
HSC
not if youre not gonna take it seriously

try the gym first, if you find youre going regularly and getting some gains then maybe

samirs_maxin

HSC
Bulk up your muscles first then tone da shit outta em later
right now you have nothing to tone
so bulk up, when doing weights do 6-8reps of HEAVY AS U CAN
later when u tone (4months later) do i dno like 12-15reps of HEAVY but not HELLA HEAVY

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Bulk up your muscles first then tone da shit outta em later
right now you have nothing to tone
so bulk up, when doing weights do 6-8reps of HEAVY AS U CAN
later when u tone (4months later) do i dno like 12-15reps of HEAVY but not HELLA HEAVY
this is very very important!

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
i'm thinkin of joining the gym - for only a 6 month period.. obviously i want 2 get bigger, but exactly how big can i get.. and HOW ? wat will i have 2 do - i am 180 cm and weigh 65.

what food will i have 2 eat?
how often will i have 2 excersise etc..
What will i exactly have to do?
eg: how many reps and sets..

can someone tell me? or link me to information?
eat heaps of calories. if you eat more calories, then you will become fat. then, you turn the fat into muscle.. and thats what you call bulk building

micuzzo

HSC
hey mate,

by doing weights at the gym there are 3 basic things u can do:

1) bulk - ie. put on muscle
2)Cut- ie. lose weight
3) Strenght-ie get strong and not necessarily bigger.

It seems to me that u want to bulk... to do this you should do some research and figure out the type of body u have. Basically u need to eat more calories [from good food] , carbs and protein.

To bulk, one should use high weights with low repetitions, HOWEVER, from my understanding, if this is your first time training then you should start with lower weights and higher repetitions. This will allow your body and muscles to adjust to the heavy training u will do in future. For begginers, most ppl recommend full body workouts to begin with.. this allows you to concentrate on your form. Your form/technique is the MOST important thing, not how heavy u can lift. So to begin keep it simple, light and do compound exercises [and if your game enough to include dead lifts start with really light weights, like <20kg so u can ensure your technique is correct.]

The main thing to remember is that you DONT grow in the gym... you grow when you rest AND overtraining and reduce your results, so less can be more.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
To increase muscle mass, you must be in a caloric surplus ( Duh)!. This is the most important thing, no matter how heavy you lift if your diet is poor ( aka not enough calories you will not grow and you will probably end up smaller then when you started).

For your workout this is what I recommend. Heavy weights on the important compound lifts ( lifts were more then one muscle is being used).
These are primarily : The squat ( quads, glutes, hamstrings),Deadlift (lowerback, quads,hamsand quads), bench press ( chest, tricep).

The secondary yet just as important are bent over rows ( biceps and lats), Tricep dips ( triceps and chest) and pull ups( lats, traps).

isolation exercises ( bicp curls, tricep pull downs ) etc should be incorporated for maximum results.

Here is a link to a few good workouts for you.

All info about splits I have done. - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Diet is very important, you must be in a caloric surplus ( eating more then you burn) so you will probably need around 2800 cals because your pretty light 65 kilos.

Most important meals are pre and post workout, pre workout have complex carbs and a protein shake and post workout is the exact same.
Good foods for protein are : Chicken, Steak, Fish, Tuna, Nuts, Peanut Butter, Cottage Cheese, Milk
Carbs: corn Chips, Wholegrain Pasta/Rice, Oats
Fats: Avacadoes, Peanut Butter
I recommend Whey Optimum Gold for your protein powder.

Hope I helped.

Last edited:

untouchablecuz

HSC
To increase muscle mass, you must be in a caloric surplus ( Duh)!. This is the most important thing, no matter how heavy you lift if your diet is poor ( aka not enough calories you will not grow and you will probably end up smaller then when you started).

For your workout this is what I recommend. Heavy weights on the important compound lifts ( lifts were more then one muscle is being used).
These are primarily : The squat ( quads, glutes, hamstrings),Deadlift (lowerback, quads,hamsand quads), bench press ( chest, tricep).

The secondary yet just as important are bent over rows ( biceps and lats), Tricep dips ( triceps and chest) and pull ups( lats, traps).

isolation exercises ( bicp curls, tricep pull downs ) etc should be incorporated for maximum results.

Here is a link to a few good workouts for you.

All info about splits I have done. - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Diet is very important, you must be in a caloric surplus ( eating more then you burn) so you will probably need around 2800 cals because your pretty light 65 kilos.

Most important meals are pre and post workout, pre workout have complex carbs and a protein shake and post workout is the exact same.
Good foods for protein are : Chicken, Steak, Fish, Tuna, Nuts, Peanut Butter, Cottage Cheese, Milk
Carbs: corn Chips, Wholegrain Pasta/Rice, Oats
Fats: Avacadoes, Peanut Butter
I recommend Whey Optimum Gold for your protein powder.

Hope I helped.
soy and linseed bread is pretty awesome aswell

220 cal and 9.6g of protein per serving (2 slices). its pretty goooood

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
The guy who made it is making a killing from affiliate marketing apparently.
yeah he gets interviews with heaps of ppl from bb.com (few miscers too) etc etc.....site just rakes in the hits.

aysan93

HSC
6 months , done be too optimistic ,rome wasnt built in a day in 6 months u could put in max 5kg's pure muscle but ifur skinneh u gotta bulk and if ur bulky u gotta cut then build size onto ur frame

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
6 months , done be too optimistic ,rome wasnt built in a day in 6 months u could put in max 5kg's pure muscle but ifur skinneh u gotta bulk and if ur bulky u gotta cut then build size onto ur frame
putting on 20kgs can be achieved in that time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)