6 months gym.. wat can be achieved? (1 Viewer)

des-c

HSC
i'm thinkin of joining the gym - for only a 6 month period.. obviously i want 2 get bigger, but exactly how big can i get.. and HOW ? wat will i have 2 do - i am 180 cm and weigh 65.

what food will i have 2 eat?
how often will i have 2 excersise etc..
What will i exactly have to do?
eg: how many reps and sets..

can someone tell me? or link me to information?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
maybe search for already existing threads that cover this topic.

because im so awesome, i'll link you:

http://community.boredofstudies.org/718/fitness-health/213567/weightlifting-size-strength-basics.html

untouchablecuz

HSC
you can make significant progress

however, going to the gym is a life choice. if you stop after 6 months i guarantee you will greatly regress

Last edited:

bambii92

HSC
ask the people at the gym
get a personal trainer

when you say "bigger", you mean more muscle right ?

des-c

HSC
i am pretty skinny...specially my arms.. i want bigger arms.. there like no fat there just bone practically- as i said i am 180 cm and weigh about 65, and yes i mean put more muscle on by gettin bigger? is it possible 2 get bigger by just doin dumbells? and wat type woul di have 2 approach for this..

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
focus on compound exercises (ie. ones that involve the use of more than 1 joint), like benching, deadlifts, squats. at least start benching.
then i guess do your other isolated ones, bicep curls, tricep pulldowns, shoulder press etc.

heavy weights, enough so that you can only do 3 sets of between 5-10 reps.

do regular pushups as well, that might help.

erm... eat lots of food (but healthy, and meat, no fats/greasy/sugary stuff), eat 6 small meals per day instead of 3 big meals, to keep your body in a fully metabolic state (or something).

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
but i dont see why you're only going for 6 months.

i started out in year 10 and finished at the end of yr 12, got fairly strong (for my height), then for a whole year i did nothing, which was very dumb of me because it made me heaps weak.

if gym memberships are too expensive for you, maybe get yourself some weights at home so after your 6 months of beefing up (no idea why you're doing this if you only wanna do it for 6 months), you can still continue to do weights like once a week or so in your backyard/garage/room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)