3-unit Maths - Hard much (1 Viewer)

xxMeL

HSC
We're working so fast in Extension Maths compared to yr 10. Even though we all expected it, it's hard to keep up with!

I was flogging it last year, but now I'm really struggling to keep up with it, same teacher and all. Anyone else feel the same?

bored of sc

HSC
Its not too bad - but mind you, I haven't done any HSC 3-unit practise papers yet.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
xxMeL said:
We're working so fast in Extension Maths compared to yr 10. Even though we all expected it, it's hard to keep up with!

I was flogging it last year, but now I'm really struggling to keep up with it, same teacher and all. Anyone else feel the same?
Yeah, I found Maths a breeze up to Year 10. I'm starting to rethink that assessment. ;)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
It's quite demanding, but is anyone up for 4 unit?

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
bored of sc said:
Its not too bad - but mind you, I haven't done any HSC 3-unit practise papers yet.
Umm yeah, of course you haven't? You're in year 11.

iCpurplehippos

HSC
Yeah, I totally agree. We learn like 2-3 new concepts every lesson. I just think it's a bit too much especially when we're unfamiliar with the topics. I'm not even sure if I want to do 4u anymore.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
I wonder how the accelerated students coped with 3 unit...now doing the HSC...*sigh*

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I havent found it that bad to be honest, I was so sure of dropping it at the end of the year but now Im thinking of dropping ext english instead.
I dunno ask me after my half yearlys ;)

militiaman

HSC
Crazy shit at times, a great subject at others. The main problem is that we have the kind of teacher that just runs through everything really fast. She expects us to write and watch/learn all at the same time, and doesn't go back over to explain. Once you understand it a week later it's not so bad though.

What's everyone doing in it at the moment? We've just finished circle properties, very fun towards the end doing simple 'find and x' type questions, but proofs were very difficult when we hadn't done much on it.
Currently doing permutations and combinations, it seems just as I get the hang of one things theres about 10 other things I don't understand at all.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
We just finished permutations and combinations. Not sure what we're starting now.
I find what we do in class goes too fast but I have a Maths tutor and shes soooo much better than my class teacher, I owe a lot to her really. I think thats why I havent found it that bad so far

TruBlu

HSC
Yeah, I found Maths a breeze up to Year 10. I'm starting to rethink that assessment. ;)
Sigh, THomas, if a maths genious like you finds it hard then I think I'm screwed ==, Gaino is like Turbo-ing our class thru teh books ==.

iCpurplehippos

HSC
Wow... :S Are you guys ahead of us or what? We're doing trigonometry at the moment. Almost finished though.

lisarh

HSC
I found it hard at first but if you look at it the 2nd time, u'll be able to see how it works and then when u come to it the 3rd time, piece of cake.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Even in year 10 when I finished all the Preliminary 2 Unit and Extension Mathematics, I never experienced too much difficulties due to the fact I invested large amount of time into Mathematics.

In year 10, my acceleration class only had 8 classes of 50 minutes per fortnight but still managed to beat all the year 11 at that time (who had 14 classes). We got the top 3 rankings of Preliminary 2 Unit and Extension Mathematics. My class was great and still great. The teacher we get is the best at school and basically everyone in my class put at least 1 hour a day into Mathematics - and that's what you should do.

Trust me: you will find Extension Mathematics a breeze if you work as hard as you can (i.e. 2-3 hours a day). Be consistent and keep working.

P.S. I find HSC Course much easier due to increased amount of classes (from 8 to 14 classes!!!).

PM me if you experience diffculty. I can give you some good adivces, I guess. Or go to http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=168229

Good luck

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I'm finding 3u easier than Year 10 Advanced. I suppose my Year 10 class was full of idiots :p

I have had trouble remembering all that geometry stuff though, but it's not that hard after a while.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
ajdlinux said:
I'm finding 3u easier than Year 10 Advanced. I suppose my Year 10 class was full of idiots :p

I have had trouble remembering all that geometry stuff though, but it's not that hard after a while.
You accelerated in 3 subjects!!! :eek:

That's bloody amazing, man. I am impressed by that. How did you go in those subjects, by the way?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
lyounamu said:
You accelerated in 3 subjects!!! :eek:

That's bloody amazing, man. I am impressed by that. How did you go in those subjects, by the way?
Chem was 79, IPT 81, and SDD was 87, I think. Not brilliant.

There's a kid in my 3u class who's accelerated from year 10. He's pretty smart, being the other person in the class of four who actually does significant work :p

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
There's this autistic guy in our school. He did his HSC 4U Maths in Year 8. Dunno how well he did - but I suppose he did really well, because he's not doing Maths this year.

bored of sc

HSC
Did past HSC questions on circle geometry - they aren't too bad, just require some thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)