3 sciences or just 2? (1 Viewer)

TwilightZone

HSC
should i do 3 sciences? how hard will it be to do all 3 of them? physics, chem and bio. i currently got 2 choices right now. either drop bio and take up physics OR drop studies of religion and take up physics which will end up with me doing all 3 sciences. my friends keep telling me im capable of doing all 3 but im not sure.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
Go for all three sciences, and if you decide not to do all three drop bio and do physics.

yvettemaree47

HSC
It entirely depends on your personal preference. I am currently studying chem, bio and SOR and I nearly took physics as well, but decided against it.
I have friends who have studied all 3 sciences in the HSC and they coped. You will probably find that by studying 3 sciences some (how much, can vary) of the content in topics can overlap and can better your understanding of the other subject.

It's up to you what you do. Choose the subject that you like and think you will do better in.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
yvettemaree47 said:
It entirely depends on your personal preference. I am currently studying chem, bio and SOR and I nearly took physics as well, but decided against it.
I have friends who have studied all 3 sciences in the HSC and they coped. You will probably find that by studying 3 sciences some (how much, can vary) of the content in topics can overlap and can better your understanding of the other subject.

It's up to you what you do. Choose the subject that you like and think you will do better in.
qft.

dpospination

HSC
do watever u wanna do, but if u think u can cope, give it a shot. btw how many school's offer earth and environmental science? it seems to be the long forgotten 4th science in the hsc

yvettemaree47

HSC
dpospination said:
how many school's offer earth and environmental science? it seems to be the long forgotten 4th science in the hsc
My school usually runs either Senior science or EES, they never used have enough interest in those two to be able to run both, that is until to my year came along...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Isn't it a Board requirement that if you do Senior Science or EES, you're not eligible to do the other three sciences.

TwilightZone

HSC
hey thanks guys. i finally decided to drop bio and take up physics. i never did really like biology except for the yr 12 topics like diseases and stuff. and plus i liked doing the physics related stuff in yr 9 and 10

bored of sc

HSC
In HSC you can do senior science combined with physics, chemistry, biology or earth and environmental but you can't in prelim. Personally, I only do one science chemistry but that's just me, cause I hate science and all.

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
TwilightZone said:
should i do 3 sciences? how hard will it be to do all 3 of them? physics, chem and bio. i currently got 2 choices right now. either drop bio and take up physics OR drop studies of religion and take up physics which will end up with me doing all 3 sciences. my friends keep telling me im capable of doing all 3 but im not sure.
Browse over the HSC Physics Course. If it interests you, I'd suggest to study Physics. If not, remain with the two you have now.

telekenixis

HSC
look at your year 10 results... if you did really good in science, go for all of them... 3 science is real tough btw. Just remember:
Biology - A lot more remembering to do (quantity is heaps),
Physics - More harder but less quantity, more maths/formulae involved
In terms of scaling, bio you need a good mark to scale, physics you will scale up no matter what but it will be harder to get the good mark..

HSC: NO SUBJECT IS EASIER THAN THE OTHER!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I really wouldn't do three sciences. Do two and mix that up with a Social Science (if you enjoy it) or a History (if you enjoy that), or at least something else. You don't want to come out of High School extremely narrow-minded. :)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I do two sciences. Physics and biology.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
I do two sciences. Physics and chemistry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)