HSC
Uni Grad
Hey y'all!

How did you honestly find the 2020 LAT?

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
What about u?
Personally I liked question 1 more than question 2. Overall, both texts weren't too bad. I think it'll just come down to how we're marked based on our responses but I do wish there were solutions to the sample paper just so we can get that reassurance.

beetree1

HSC
Personally I liked question 1 more than question 2. Overall, both texts weren't too bad. I think it'll just come down to how we're marked based on our responses but I do wish there were solutions to the sample paper just so we can get that reassurance.
Yeah everyone ive talked to likes Question1 more lmao. Honestly a marking criteria would be so useful..

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
@beetree1 @queenb_3 would you guys have any tips? doing it for the first time (currently a y12 student) and i really wanna get into law !
My main advice for the LAT is to not answer in the form of an essay but rather like a written debate. Don’t overthink the question and simply respond to the two case studies and use your critical writing skills. Make sure that the text is analysed through multiple perspectives, rather than a one-sided argument. Don’t try to impress the markers with fancy language, long words and complicated sentences. They will be more impressed with a concise writing style that is clear and succinct.

All the best!

Ice-Cream-Man

HSC
N/A
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, perhaps it's like not a full package or people will turn the acu blokes down when they come up to an actual job interview

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I was looking at WSU law but I couldn't find an ATAR requirement, unlike ACU, so I'm not sure what the ATAR required is, although I believe it would be higher than ACU's.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
What is your major for commerce if you don't mind me asking?
We choose our majors in our second year I believe so I haven't chosen them yet, but I'm thinking between finance, HR and taxation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)