2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leehuan

HSC
My teacher marks hsc and he's the laziest guy i know....
So is my English teacher. But they risk their jobs if they actually f*** up the HSC marking process, as opposed to accidents which you just buy the remark service

Ekman

HSC
You can pay for a remark if you think they've stuffed something up.
I don't think there is a remark service. I know there is a recount service but I don't think they can remark your paper.

leehuan

HSC
I don't think there is a remark service. I know there is a recount service but I don't think they can remark your paper.
If I think about it when I bought 3U last year it did say "recount". But for some reason people mistakenly believe it to be "remark" and I seem to have gone with the trend.

Flop21

HSC
I'm not sure honestly. But I know for sure there is a recheck service, whether that includes marking the actual paper again as opposed to just counting marks + checking for missed pages, I dunno.

Someone in another thread recently said their friend got an unusually low HSC mark and got it rechecked. They had missed a whole page or booklet or something, they then changed her mark and her ATAR.

leehuan

HSC
I'm not sure honestly. But I know for sure there is a recheck service, whether that includes marking the actual paper again as opposed to just counting marks + checking for missed pages, I dunno.

Someone in another thread recently said their friend got an unusually low HSC mark and got it rechecked. They had missed a whole page or booklet or something, they then changed her mark and her ATAR.
Gonna 1-up this. One of my teacher's ex-student bought a remark service. Found an extra mark in MX1 and that bumped the ATAR so much for just one mark.

teridax

HSC
N/A
does anyone know what happened to LIJ's Q & A thread? I think she deleted it lol...

PhysicsMaths

HSC
You cannot pay to get your papers remarked

It costs $16 per subject for them to re-check if they added up all the marks correctly

For English in particular, it costs double ($30)

Ekman

HSC
We need a 'Crobat's shouts' thread, like he had for the 2014ers

nisak

HSC
is my school like the only one that has been preparing us for hsc since year 11 in terms of exams... ever since year 11 yearly's we've had our exams in the massive hall (where hsc exams are done) and we have to bring our little plastic sleeve as our pencil case and write our BOS number on every exam for the past 2 years hahah

Chris_S

HSC
My school has done the same! It is pretty daunting with the big hall but now I turn up to the exam with an energy drink and then I know that I am going to dominate!

Chris_S

HSC
Can I buy two 99.95 ATAR's please for $20? It will be cash in hand!

Mr_Kap

HSC
In exams, I write around 1000 words in 3 pages (even when i write big, my words are still squashed together). Meaning my essays only take up 3 pages. I have had teachers tell me I didn't write enough before because of this. Will HSC markers think this too?

astroman

HSC
In exams, I write around 1000 words in 3 pages (even when i write big, my words are still squashed together). Meaning my essays only take up 3 pages. I have had teachers tell me I didn't write enough before because of this. Will HSC markers think this too?
maybe

Chris_S

HSC
When linking the two texts together with a idea e.g. body paragraph 1 on tempest and idea 1 and body paragraph 2 on related and idea 1. Where do we make our integration and link between the two texts? Would you do it in a third and short paragraph or after the body?

Flop21

HSC
My school has done the same! It is pretty daunting with the big hall but now I turn up to the exam with an energy drink and then I know that I am going to dominate!
I actually went and restocked on caffeine pills today to get me through the HSC exams.

lightthefuze

HSC
is my school like the only one that has been preparing us for hsc since year 11 in terms of exams... ever since year 11 yearly's we've had our exams in the massive hall (where hsc exams are done) and we have to bring our little plastic sleeve as our pencil case and write our BOS number on every exam for the past 2 years hahah
Nah same, they even do the whole 'no talking until all papers are collected', 'all phones in boxes or in your bags, if it goes off, ZERO'

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

nisak

HSC
Nah same, they even do the whole 'no talking until all papers are collected', 'all phones in boxes or in your bags, if it goes off, ZERO'

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
my school even outsources a group of ladies to be in the hall for every exam (internal exams) so theres no teachers.. i think the ladies are from bostes and they collect the papers and deal with everything in the examination hall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)