2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
On the topic of dropping subjects, do most people drop their "extra" units before or after the Half yearly? Because.. atm, i don't know if i should drop from 13units to 11units...
People drop them all the time..If you are unsure about performance/which one you enjoy more maybe wait till after half yearlies?

studynerd

HSC
People drop them all the time..If you are unsure about performance/which one you enjoy more maybe wait till after half yearlies?
In the holidays.. i was like "i'm gonna drop eco... i need more time for maths".. i get back to school, and i get my mark.. 2nd place.. i don't even know if i'm happy or not :'D

rawrliongirl

HSC
On the topic of dropping subjects, do most people drop their "extra" units before or after the Half yearly? Because.. atm, i don't know if i should drop from 13units to 11units...
well, i dropped to general maths at the very start of year 12 and i just dropped chem now. So people drop whenever.
I guess my thought process at the time of dropping chem was "I'm not going to waste time on this subject leading up to half yearlies so I may as well drop"
If you want to give more time to your other subs and get rid of those 2 units, do it now before you waste a ton of time on them if you don't need them. Trust me, getting rid of 2 units will free up a lot of time which you can dedicate to your other subjects. Like I have 10 units now, but I have so much spare time to revise and study that I'm hoping to smash my half yearlies and try and get as high a rank as possible in all my subjects.

It's actually funny for me to have all this spare time because usually I dont have any time :'D

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
dem feels when you were assigned homework and you couldn't answer the first question...

Constantine

HSC
Only drop it if you are certain that you will perform well in the subjects you keep. However it's not like you are dropping down to ten units so...
For example, in year 12 I did twelve units and it was a lot, I had more exams and assessments than everyone but I just couldn't bring myself to drop my worst subject (Legal Studies) because in terms of results and ranking, they were all about the same.

In the end I kept LS, thinking of it as a back up should I make a big terrible mistake in my other strong subjects. I only studied for four hours HSC LS and barely studied for the Legal trials. Now idk what happened during the HSC but I did amazingly well in LS, getting a B6, and instead, greatly under performed in one of my strongest subjects. So LS turned out to be a great back up plan. I doubt I would've received the same ATAR I have now if I dropped LS.

Flop21

HSC
Guys can I ask something. You know the 3u and 4u math people, are they counted in 2u class ranks for HSC? Is it only 2u of math counted? If so, how are the 3u people marked?? Am I against all the extension people??

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Guys can I ask something. You know the 3u and 4u math people, are they counted in 2u class ranks for HSC? Is it only 2u of math counted? If so, how are the 3u people marked?? Am I against all the extension people??
You are competing against the 3u, but not the 4u, they only do the exams incase they feel like dropping.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Do you think if on Monday, I go to the head of science on my hands and knees begging her to let me back into chemistry and expressing my regrets and sorrows she will let me back in? >.>

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you think if on Monday, I go to the head of science on my hands and knees begging her to let me back into chemistry and expressing my regrets and sorrows she will let me back in? >.>
Dunno might work

rawrliongirl

HSC
Ok so I won't go in on my hands and knees, but if I tell her that I feel like I've made a terrible mistake and shouldn't have do you think there's a slight chance they'd let me in again? My school is really slow at processing the forms and things, I remember it was weeks after I moved in to modern history before my name even appeared on the roll (which is electronic) and I went to go see the office about it and turns out they hadn't processed them yet >.>

rawrliongirl

HSC
Yeah, I dropped it last Thursday. Apparently my name is still on the roll for chemistry. They haven't done much work so it'd be really easy to catch up again. It just feels as though a part of me is missing without Chem.
Last year I was in a terrible frame of mind, but I've started to sort things out and I'm trying to be more positive towards school and all, and I've realised I did enjoy chemistry and that if I work really hard (which I am now) I have potential to do alright in that course.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I dropped it last Thursday. Apparently my name is still on the roll for chemistry. They haven't done much work so it'd be really easy to catch up again. It just feels as though a part of me is missing without Chem.
Last year I was in a terrible frame of mind, but I've started to sort things out and I'm trying to be more positive towards school and all, and I've realised I did enjoy chemistry and that if I work really hard (which I am now) I have potential to do alright in that course.
Well goodluck for monday,hope they let you back into the course :)

rawrliongirl

HSC
just wanna ask you: how solid is your foundation of year 11 chem if you intend on resuming the hsc course?
It was ok-ish, but everyone was in the same boat since our teachers all sucked.
I got a chem tutor in term 4 last year and it helped a great deal. I finally understood things which I hadn't understood all year. If I were able to continue chem, I'd do tutoring again.

rawrliongirl

HSC
fair enough, as long as tutoring is benefiting you, that's all you need tbh :) kinda wish i had tutoring for chem, but at the same time i don't cause i already do for 2u maffs and adv english. think it's because i actually started to pay attention in class and inquire into things i wasn't certain of :haha: that being said, i have a great chem teacher who explains stuff quite thoroughly

and generally the hsc course is much easier to understand, any student will find the theory at first iffy, however once you get your head around the underlying concept, it's not too bad. e.g. today i learned equilibrium and it actually made sense in terms of the logic behind it
Cool. Yeah well, I dropped to general so nothing really stimulates my mind in the way that chem/ 2u maths used to.
Last year was horrible. I had 3 different teachers throughout the year for chem, on top of other personal problems.
Now that there is only 1 chem class with 1 teacher, and I'm sorting out my problems I reckon if I pay attention and try to understand the concepts I could do fine.
Now its just a matter of convincing the head of science to let me back in :s

Flop21

HSC
I don't get why it would be so hard for them to let you back in. If they don't then they're just asshole. Honestly who gives a crap it's your HSC you can do whatever you want if it's reasonable.

But yeah just go in and ask. If she/he says no, then maybe you could get your parents to ring up... haha always works for me D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)