2015 BoWs - Progress page. Thoughts and feelings? (1 Viewer)

beelzebub

HSC
hey guys, wanting to check in on everyone - we have a progress mark happening on wednesday and i'm only maybe a third of the way through with my bow!!! (three out of maybe 6 pieces started, none finished... though they're all anywhere from half - 9/10ths done, lol) i'm charging it in the next couple days. anyone else in the same boat? hopefully much more prepared than me, though? heheh

as for trials though i found the paper very straightforward. did anyone else do the catholic trial?

milkytea99

HSC
hey guys, wanting to check in on everyone - we have a progress mark happening on wednesday and i'm only maybe a third of the way through with my bow!!! (three out of maybe 6 pieces started, none finished... though they're all anywhere from half - 9/10ths done, lol) i'm charging it in the next couple days. anyone else in the same boat? hopefully much more prepared than me, though? heheh

as for trials though i found the paper very straightforward. did anyone else do the catholic trial?
Wow, you've only done 3 out of. 6 pieces? So you have 3 empty canvases? No offence but you better go full on mode. There's only less than 14 days left.

All of my paintings are almost finished but I still feel that it's not good enough. Like there's a lot of detail I need to refine. And I need to frame it and stuff like that lol.

beelzebub

HSC
Wow, you've only done 3 out of. 6 pieces? So you have 3 empty canvases? No offence but you better go full on mode. There's only less than 14 days left.

All of my paintings are almost finished but I still feel that it's not good enough. Like there's a lot of detail I need to refine. And I need to frame it and stuff like that lol.
oh man, no, if i had three empty canvases i'd be freaking out. nah, i'm doing drawings, and the ones i have left to do are all smaller than a4. i'm still behind ofc but not THAT far behind. totally within my capacity to have everything done and dusted by d-day. since posting that i've finished the piece i started yesterday and it's probably the best one so far. i'm a fast worker as long as i'm feeling the pressure.

idk i find that once my pieces are finished (or even just very close to being finished) i don't wanna touch them any more. forget going back and refining... i get bored of them so easily :/

i think we're allowed to frame and such after due date, though. as long as we're not altering the works. i think mounting is fine, but anyway you have another two-ish weeks to cover that, so you'll be set i'm sure.

milkytea99

HSC
oh man, no, if i had three empty canvases i'd be freaking out. nah, i'm doing drawings, and the ones i have left to do are all smaller than a4. i'm still behind ofc but not THAT far behind. totally within my capacity to have everything done and dusted by d-day. since posting that i've finished the piece i started yesterday and it's probably the best one so far. i'm a fast worker as long as i'm feeling the pressure.

idk i find that once my pieces are finished (or even just very close to being finished) i don't wanna touch them any more. forget going back and refining... i get bored of them so easily :/

i think we're allowed to frame and such after due date, though. as long as we're not altering the works. i think mounting is fine, but anyway you have another two-ish weeks to cover that, so you'll be set i'm sure.
I hope so haha. I'm like freaking out. Are you doing drawing? If it's drawing then that should be fine. I'm doing acrylic paining. Thank goodness it dries quickly. If I'm now doing oil painting I think I would've died lol.

beelzebub

HSC
I hope so haha. I'm like freaking out. Are you doing drawing? If it's drawing then that should be fine. I'm doing acrylic paining. Thank goodness it dries quickly. If I'm now doing oil painting I think I would've died lol.
yep, drawings. just pencil on paper. simple stuff... and yeah oils would be tricky, they take SO long to dry. i remember once i used oils without knowing they were like that... it took three days for my thing to dry :'(

milkytea99

HSC
yep, drawings. just pencil on paper. simple stuff... and yeah oils would be tricky, they take SO long to dry. i remember once i used oils without knowing they were like that... it took three days for my thing to dry :'(
Yeah. Acrylic dries really fast. Maximum wait is 24 hours or less.

milkytea99

HSC
Btw, how long does it take varnish to dry? I'm planning on which day to varnish it

milkytea99

HSC
Although all of my artworks are painted, I still feel like I'm very behind lol. I don't know is it my perfectionist tendencies haunting me lol

StudyToDeath

HSC
Varnish doesn't take long to dry however you need to do at least two coats.
According to the instructions you are suppose to let acrylic paint cure for a week.
I've done it without waiting for it to cure and it turned out fine lol

I use to be a perfectionist with my paintings until I realised you view paintings from a distance.
There are no imperfections in art

Last edited:

milkytea99

HSC
Varnish doesn't take long to dry however you need to do at least two coats.
According to the instructions you are suppose to let acrylic paint cure for a week.
I've done it without waiting for it to cure and it turned out fine lol

I use to be a perfectionist with my paintings until I realised you view paintings from a distance.
There are no imperfections in art
Ok thanks! I know there's this good varnish brand sold in art shop, it says that you can repaint over it when it's dry. Btw, Have you finished your work?

StudyToDeath

HSC
Ok thanks! I know there's this good varnish brand sold in art shop, it says that you can repaint over it when it's dry. Btw, Have you finished your work?
That's good. So you just have to varnish and frame your work now??
I'm finished :D I finished painting my 3rd canvas last night.

milkytea99

HSC
That's good. So you just have to varnish and frame your work now??
I'm finished :D I finished painting my 3rd canvas last night.
I've already framed my work. Just haven't varnished it. I'm still not pleased with a lot of parts in my painting

milkytea99

HSC
Just looked through photos of my work since the start of the year. It sure has been a long journey lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)