2009ers: How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johony

HSC
Photography - Alright, didn't do much besides photoshopping.

Economics - Extended converstation on how China is screwed socially.

English - Identity orals

Maths - Trig

Rugby - Reminded me of how horribly unfit i am, have a headache from hitting my head on something.

So glad that i didn't turn up to Gridiron training, training wouldn't even be finished by now. It finishes at 9.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Today was great. Got 14/15 (#1 Ranking) for english othello essay :D CMON! =]

Still got so much study to do for the half yearlies.:mad:

dpospination

HSC
today was a good day again, but the Half Yearly HSC 2 Unit Maths Exam is looming (Im accelerating), on next Wednesday... :uhoh:

iCpurplehippos

HSC
Today's been such a crappy day.
Had maths exam. Didn't finish.
Didn't hand in eco assessment. Got a 20% penalty =\

johony

HSC
Aerath said:
How did you go?
I'm not up yet, we only managed to get through 4 this lesson, so i'm hoping it'll be awhile before i have to do mine.

bored of sc

HSC
Razizi said:
Today was great. Got 14/15 (#1 Ranking) for english othello essay :D CMON! =]

Still got so much study to do for the half yearlies.:mad:
congrats, now who's good at english? ;)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Did English exam today. I think I wrote 6 and a half page in 40 minutes. My hand went crazy and filled up any space given in my writing task papers. Had to ask for another exam paper since I filled up all the space in the first paper that had 5 pages.

Just finished on time and looking at the writing, it seemed well-structured and well-written (not talking about hand-writing since it was HORRIBLE).

My had got numb for 5 minutes after I finished exam and couldn't write much in the next period since my hand hurt so much.

I personally think that I nailed the exam since I provided relevant quotes and techniques. I think I included about 12 quotes in total with 3 techniques for each related material. Very happy it finished well but the bad thing is, I have got SOR exam tomorrow.

bored of sc

HSC
Today was good and okay and average and mediocre.

PDHPE - bludge as usual
English - got marks back - average :vcross: sick of average (its very common for me); it sucks and also did stuff on John Donne's poems "THE FLEA" and other ones - its okay - I am now striving for 1st place in the next assessment task due to my shit result in the essay (14/20 - rank about 20-30/50ish) so mediocre God damn it.

Free period - did fragments of music assignment due tomorrow - epp!

Maths - did limits and continuity of functions - fun, fun fun!!!

Religion - best period of my life - had an Irish teacher substitute who did the most interesting and weird talk about life - our existence, how there is no present - just past and future and how in order to achieve divinity and ultimate meaning in life - you need to go into a state of mind where you don't think about anything at all - sounds impossible right? no, it takes skill, belief and persistence but that's what Jesus, Buddha and Las Zu did - they experienced infinity - their minds expanded out forever as their physical existence became superfluous - therefore their spirit being was now known to them - or something along those lines. But yer, also, he told us everything we do is based on our past and what he have been told. In order to move to the deep spiritual dimension explained above you need to experience it for youself - you can't do it cause others said you can - you have to have conviction that your mind can go off to infinity!

Okay that's enough weird stuff - um, yer, its was really interesting!!!

Music - Bludged again - teacher show us how to do tomorrow's viva - hope I do well!!

The end.

P.S I like school at the moment - its just a lack of motivation and addictive sites like this that are holding me back.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
Pretty bludgy day to be honest.
Double Bio we had a representative from some institute to come in and talk about the research they do, that was pretty interesting
Double Maths- We were allowed to study for our extension test tomorrow
Double Chem- A few sheets on really really easy stuff on the chemical earth.
Free period- studied a bit
English- Worked on Essay.
AND NO EXTENSIONS IN THE AFTERNOON!! WOOOO

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
My today was great:

Economics: Practice test, teacher said I was getting an 'N' award because i didn't do homework. As if homework counts towards anything. pfft.

English: Explained to friend how english was all about trying to be stupid, and i was disadvantaged, because i'm born smart, unlike everybody else in my grade. Thereby justifying my attrocious marks in english.

Chemistry: Exam. At least 60% of my grade got full marks. I realised i fogot to put g/ml after density. May have lost half a mark. Loss of half a mark will result in being ranked <80 in my grade. Hopes of comming first in chemistry crushed. Contemplating suicide.

Physics: Exam. Foolishly fogot a negative sign when rearranging equation. Lost 1-2 marks. Foolishly forgot to write kg.ms^-1 after a momentum value. May cost half a mark. Total predicted loss: 1.5 to 2.5 marks. Predicted rank: 1 to 3. Dissapointing predicted result. Extremely fustrated, have not been able to think of anything else all day.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
bored of sc said:
congrats, now who's good at english? ;)
You would've got 15/15 ;). Seriously, you're good at English, especially when you help others out in the forum analytically, but for some reason, you just don't realise it :). Even ask Aerath and many others.

bored of sc said:
Maths - got test back - 45/48 :) but a little disappointed considering i made VERY silly mistakes :mad:
You maths genius :) Keep it up.

Last edited:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
How can it be great when many bad things happened to you?
I was being sarcastic. I'm pretty upset, cause i really expected to come first in physics, but now i'm not so sure. I'm guessing i'll be 2nd or 3rd. I really didn't want to come less than 2nd in anything at all, except english.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
I was being sarcastic. I'm pretty upset, cause i really expected to come first in physics, but now i'm not so sure. I'm guessing i'll be 2nd or 3rd. I really didn't want to come less than 2nd in anything at all, except english.
Same here. I now know that I won't come first in Chemistry because there is one guy in my year who is like the top in the state for Science. He got 100 for SC and he got the top mark in Science competition (full mark) and he came first in the state for Gifted and Talented Program by Sydney University (getting scholarship). He is a true genius and is so far ahead of me. He tells me a lot of stuff on how he studies since he is my best friend but all he does is homework apparently. He is not even Asian!!!! Oh well, I would really love the 2nd top spot.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
I wish i had smart friends like you. I swear, everybody in my grade is far below me, except for 2 girls. And if i ask a girl for study notes, i'm going to be destroyed by people accusing me of being in love or something absurd like that. I can't even study with the people at my school, theyre either too slow at understanding concepts, orelse they're a girl, and theres that gender barrier that isolates me from everybody else. I'm kinda all alone at my school, being NEAR the top of every subject, but still not being AT the top, and theres nobody available to help me get TO the top.

Being 2nd best is something i'll need to get use to. The people who are first are the ones who concentrate on studying for a single subject but not other subjects. In math, it's a chinese girl who does way too much math, in economics, it's a white kid who is fairing poorly in everything except economics, in physics and chemistry, there'll be someone else, and the same for most subjects. I'll mostly likely always be one or two marks behind them for any single subject. How fustrating.

The smartness of your friends will rub off on you eventually. I spoke about math with a Ruse kid, and i've never been able to do proof for geometry the same way again. Now i usually incorporate algaebra to prove stuff, instead of just a sequence of properties or identities. Meaning my proofs are often completly different to the worked solutions. That gets pretty fustrating sometimes.

bored of sc

HSC
foram said:
My today was great:

Economics: Practice test, teacher said I was getting an 'N' award because i didn't do homework. As if homework counts towards anything. pfft.

English: Explained to friend how english was all about trying to be stupid, and i was disadvantaged, because i'm born smart, unlike everybody else in my grade. Thereby justifying my attrocious marks in english.

Chemistry: Exam. At least 60% of my grade got full marks. I realised i fogot to put g/ml after density. May have lost half a mark. Loss of half a mark will result in being ranked <80 in my grade. Hopes of comming first in chemistry crushed. Contemplating suicide.

Physics: Exam. Foolishly fogot a negative sign when rearranging equation. Lost 1-2 marks. Foolishly forgot to write kg.ms^-1 after a momentum value. May cost half a mark. Total predicted loss: 1.5 to 2.5 marks. Predicted rank: 1 to 3. Dissapointing predicted result. Extremely fustrated, have not been able to think of anything else all day.
wow, i think you are a little over the top - committing suicide cause you forgot to carry the 1 over is ridiculous - just chill out a little a save some stressing for the actual HSC!!

bored of sc

HSC
foram said:
I wish i had smart friends like you. I swear, everybody in my grade is far below me, except for 2 girls. And if i ask a girl for study notes, i'm going to be destroyed by people accusing me of being in love or something absurd like that. I can't even study with the people at my school, theyre either too slow at understanding concepts, orelse they're a girl, and theres that gender barrier that isolates me from everybody else. I'm kinda all alone at my school, being NEAR the top of every subject, but still not being AT the top, and theres nobody available to help me get TO the top.

Being 2nd best is something i'll need to get use to. The people who are first are the ones who concentrate on studying for a single subject but not other subjects. In math, it's a chinese girl who does way too much math, in economics, it's a white kid who is fairing poorly in everything except economics, in physics and chemistry, there'll be someone else, and the same for most subjects. I'll mostly likely always be one or two marks behind them for any single subject. How fustrating.

The smartness of your friends will rub off on you eventually. I spoke about math with a Ruse kid, and i've never been able to do proof for geometry the same way again. Now i usually incorporate algaebra to prove stuff, instead of just a sequence of properties or identities. Meaning my proofs are often completly different to the worked solutions. That gets pretty fustrating sometimes.
in circle geometry algebra is very handy :) and as far as 2nd place blues are concerned - you will probably get dux due to your consistency in all subjects :)

bored of sc

HSC
Razizi said:
You would've got 15/15 ;). Seriously, you're good at English, especially when you help others out in the forum analytically, but for some reason, you just don't realise it :). Even ask Aerath and many others.

You maths genius :) Keep it up.
haha, nah, im really bad at essays in english - like the one i got back today - 14/20 - i had good technique analysis but terrible personal engagement with the text - thus averaging my mark to a B (70%)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)