2009ers: How was your school day? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bored of sc

HSC
Chemistry - Assessement got postponed 2 weeks due to us not learning the syllabus dot point it corresponds to :)!!!!!

Maths - Did Domain and Range with functions - fairly straight forward - a little tricky.

Music - Did scales and chords.

English - Had a sub teacher - did nothing - watched the Branor version of Othello.

Extension Maths - Did circle geometry questions - concylic quadrilaterals - pretty easy with some exceptions.

PDHPE - More stuff on physical, legal, economic, social and emotional/mental effects of different categories/types of drugs.

Important point - writing down an overview of your day is a very good means of brief revision - it gets you thinking about the work you did and remembering key parts of the day's lessons.

:):):):):):):)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Overview tis :).

Biology - Did a practical on cells with lollies :) (we ate them)
Chemistry - Theory work on physical and chemical changes, electrolysis
Double Math - Work on absolute values, quite confusing, but got it in the end. Still got loads to do from past exercises I haven't completed.. :burn:
Physics - Discussed Snell's Law Sin i / Sin r
Economics - A few revision sheets for 'Introduction to Economics'. 20/20 in an essay :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
Overview tis :).

Biology - Did a practical on cells with lollies :) (we ate them)
Chemistry - Theory work on physical and chemical changes, electrolysis
Double Math - Work on absolute values, quite confusing, but got it in the end. Still got loads to do from past exercises I haven't completed.. :burn:
Physics - Discussed Snell's Law Sin i / Sin r
Economics - A few revision sheets for 'Introduction to Economics'. 20/20 in an essay :)
Practical with lollies???
It cannot be osmosis or diffusion, can it? Or was it about inorganic compound or organic compound???? That's quite funny!

EDIT: Glad that I did not do Physics. It seems so boring and I would hate to do something that is like Maths & science combined together. And WELL DONE TO YOUR ECONOMICS ESSAY!!!!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
We did a Science Prac with lollies in Year 10 - we made a DNA model using gummie bears and toothpicks. :p

HSC
lol didn't go to school today (obviously)

i'm sickkkk (but not that much, hahaahaahh =3)

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Maths 1st period: Doing parametrics. Learnt about the focal chord and how the tangent of the end points of the focal chord are perpendicular and lie on the directrix. My maths teacher was like "this is so cool, don't you think it's cool? When I first learnt this I thought it was so cool!" I have never heard the word cool in a maths sentence before... We were all like o.0 no?
Physics 2nd & 3rd period: Total internal reflection. Learnt about how there are 2 versions of Snell's Law. Also learnt about binary.
Maths 4th period: Got my maths mark back. Depressing as...

catsta

HSC
it was a crap crap day....

SOOO much work i dont understand!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You know you can ask around, right? :p
Like, even us. :)

KnifeySpoony

HSC
Really need to get my act together before its too late :<
got my maths results today,basically a topic test set by the teachers to see how we're going etc..and i umm, failed it :<
Kinda sux, i was revising doing textbook work and felt somewhat confident, then when the test came it was completely different, well some of it.
The numbers were umm..a lot bigger and yeah harder T_T
Same with physics..grrr.
Guess my lack of motivation lately is part of it, must.stop.procrastinating!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Just realised that I have so much work to do.

Starless

HSC
Legal Studies: Meh, started topic 3 (Constitutional Law), ordinary lesson.
Ancient History: Meh, did more source work and sleep, realised I need to catch up a bit.
Drama: Stressful but very fun, did a five minute interview in character, nerve wracking for the first thirty seconds then got into the groove.
Eng. Ext.: Had a free because everyone else was doing Maths tests. (I don't do Maths.)
Modern History: Meh, Civil Rights stuff, pretty boring, ended up talking about tazers and stuff.
English: Handed in Core Homework and listened to Marillion all lesson.

deliberately

HSC
first: english. lame. boring. don't even remember what we did, it was that shit

second: modern, teacher was away so i just read through the shitload of notes that we've been given. we've finished jfk & moved on to the decline and fall of the romanovs wew.

third: free. slept in the library on the couch. would've stayed there all lunch had some littlies not disturbed the peace.

fourth: bio. gonna fail, sat around talking after playing with the microscopes.

fifth: art. starting a massive drawing... yeah... fun times.

ancient excursion tomorrow to Macq U. hmm.

Last edited:

bored of sc

HSC
Okay, PDHPE found my textbook :) English did essay; had an hour but only got 2 and a half pages (finished in 30 mins) cause I what I planned to write was far too short :(. Free period did nothing - sat in a room and talked to people and thrown stuff up into the fans. Maths did cricles, semi-circles and stuff of that nature. Religion made a powerpoint in a dreamtime myth. Music did stuff on the blues scale.

Homework - tonnes of maths, pdhpe textbook stuff, religion read textbook...

English I am so disappointed - I lacked quantity but also quality :(

sikhman

HSC
N/A
got maths test back.....15 people put of 70 passed...(extension 1)

i hate maths

Dimplez

HSC
Today was crap. Had english and my teacher was away so we had to work on our group presentation for Looking for Alibrandi. Then maths which was alright. We did exponential functions which was basic. Chemistry was the worst. I got my test results back and I just passed. But hey I'm glad it's not my assessment and just a class test. Then I had Yr 12 economics (accelerated) which was awesome...I love it! We were working on our assessment that lesson because we finished Topic 2.

Basically, I just want this term to be over so I can have two weeks to catch up on everything and start afresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)