2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

YO!

Banned
HSC
jb_nc said:
Does the double space between the paragraph mean that he needed extra time to catch his breath? Why would Americans elect someone so unfit they can't speak in normal time?

Scandalous.
I can see FOX news/Today Tonight/ACA jumping on that story.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Is he? That sucks. I can kind of understand, though. Space sort of died with the Cold War. We have more pressing concerns to direct our money to.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
The media wants to give America the illusion that this is actually a close competition so that people will continue to tune in, as if its this compelling. Truth is, its not. McCain is out of his element and Obama is far and away the obvious choice for leading the world in a positive direction.

There is no reason other than for ratings that these media fucktards arnt telling the truth.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
McCain built his entire campaign around a single subject. That is nat'l security. One would think he would know... oh I don't know... the names of all the countries in the world (as they are in 2008) and be fully briefed on all measures pertaining to the Iraq conflict as, again, he is building he entire campaign on the strength of his nat'l security "expertise."

John McCain isn't here to inspire thw world with rousing speeches. He isn't here to rescue the struggling United States economy. He isn't here to restore the shattered "American Dream." He claims he's here to guide us through "the war."

When's the last time you heard something as fucked up as that??

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I'm pretty surprised with McCain's campaign so far. It seems pretty lazy to me, tbh. Looks like a wrinkled old sandbag awaiting the flood which has broken the dyke of Hillary

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Iron said:
I'm pretty surprised with McCain's campaign so far. It seems pretty lazy to me, tbh.
Agreed. That probably helps explain why Obama consistently wins the election polls by a comfortable margin.

Looks like a wrinkled old sandbag awaiting the flood which has broken the dyke of Hillary

zstar

HSC
N/A
Fuck John McLame and Hussein Osama.

The only candidate America should elect is Ron Paul.

Of course he won't get elected because Americans are too stupid.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
zstar said:
Fuck John McLame and Hussein Osama.

The only candidate America should elect is Ron Paul.

Of course he won't get elected because Americans are too stupid.
true, but cooperate America will never allow it to happen.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
This is Obama's election to lose. The country wants a change.

John McCain should just go after Obama, should just raise doubts. He should say the guy has not achieved that much in life. He's very elusive on what he stands for. But McCain MUST start offering another version of change that people can quickly understand. At the moment, America will prefer change with doubts over no change.

Obama's clearly smart, clearly gives a great speech, has a firm grasp of policy. But has there been a major presidential nominee in 100 years - or ever -who has a slimmer record of accomplishment? He was a good community organizer. As a law professor, he was not that accomplished. As a state legislator, he was OK. As a U.S. senator, not so good.

There's a thin record there. It's legitimate to raise. But McCain must go beyond raising it and start the serious business of painting and selling his big picture of America

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
This is Obama's election to lose. The country wants a change.

John McCain should just go after Obama, should just raise doubts. He should say the guy has not achieved that much in life. He's very elusive on what he stands for. But McCain MUST start offering another version of change that people can quickly understand. At the moment, America will prefer change with doubts over no change.

Obama's clearly smart, clearly gives a great speech, has a firm grasp of policy. But has there been a major presidential nominee in 100 years - or ever -who has a slimmer record of accomplishment? He was a good community organizer. As a law professor, he was not that accomplished. As a state legislator, he was OK. As a U.S. senator, not so good.

There's a thin record there. It's legitimate to raise. But McCain must go beyond raising it and start the serious business of painting and selling his big picture of America
John McCain isn't here to inspire thw world with rousing speeches. He isn't here to rescue the struggling United States economy. He isn't here to restore the shattered "American Dream." He claims he's here to guide us through "the war."

When's the last time you heard something as fucked up as that??

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yep. He's finished if he doesnt shake it up really soon.
I want Obama to win, but I also want a good campaign.

I dont know if anyone has seen McCain's latest ad, but it compares Obama to Hilton and Spears - the idea being that he's just a celebrity, all image etc etc. If McCain invests too much in this idea that Obama's somehow not a superb politician, then Obama will just decimate it himself in the debates and gush towards a 50 state victory

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Iron said:
Yep. He's finished if he doesnt shake it up really soon.
I want Obama to win, but I also want a good campaign.

I dont know if anyone has seen McCain's latest ad, but it compares Obama to Hilton and Spears - the idea being that he's just a celebrity, all image etc etc. If McCain invests too much in this idea that Obama's somehow not a superb politician, then Obama will just decimate it himself in the debates and gush towards a 50 state victory
This McCain ad is low and disrespectful to a presidential candidate to equate him with celebrity airheads. McCain needs to apologize to Obama, stop these horrid ads and start acting like a presidential candidate himself. It is obvious he has no platform and has resorted to throwing sand in the sandbox like a bully who cannot play fair. This is not the character of a president the the US and the world needs.

edit: It's quite interesting, that the footage the ad uses to show Obama "visting the gym" is actually footage taken by the military television crew of Obama VISITING THE TROOPS. That's some serious fail by the McCain campaign.

Last edited:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
chicky_pie said:
You know, if McCain wins the presidency, he's going after Vietnam as retaliation for keeping him as a POW.

Another Vietnam war to watch. :)
doubt it, how many countries is usa going to be in?

spiny norman

HSC
Iron said:
Obama's clearly smart, clearly gives a great speech, has a firm grasp of policy. But has there been a major presidential nominee in 100 years - or ever -who has a slimmer record of accomplishment?
Lincoln?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Debatable, but OK 150years

Muz4PM

HSC
It's interesting to see that in the polls, the candidates seem to be almost tied. Gallup had them equal the other day and Rasmussen had Obama leading McCain by only 1%. Obama did get a bounce out of the European tour, but it seems like a bubble as McCain bought the gap back to a consistant 2% within about three days and the candidates are all but tied at the moment.

If the poll numbers are anything to go by, McCain has a real chance of pulling off an upset, he just needs to get his campaigned energized. I am sure if he had Obama's money, that task would be so much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)