2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
THere is a skin cancer on the Presidency

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Muz4PM said:
It's interesting to see that in the polls, the candidates seem to be almost tied. Gallup had them equal the other day and Rasmussen had Obama leading McCain by only 1%. Obama did get a bounce out of the European tour, but it seems like a bubble as McCain bought the gap back to a consistant 2% within about three days and the candidates are all but tied at the moment.

If the poll numbers are anything to go by, McCain has a real chance of pulling off an upset, he just needs to get his campaigned energized. I am sure if he had Obama's money, that task would be so much easier.
I doubt it. Get back to us in a month.

P.S. Obama's money? You mean the money he got purely from fundraising, because he declined to be publicly funded?

Muz4PM

HSC
Slidey said:
I doubt it. Get back to us in a month.

P.S. Obama's money? You mean the money he got purely from fundraising, because he declined to be publicly funded?
Ultimately the only poll that matters is the one that is held on Novemeber 4. I just found it curious that in what looks like a Democratic year, where they are something like 9 or 10 points up in the polls for the House election, and are very competative in a number of Republican Senate seats, McCain is only a few percentage points behind Obama.

Re Obama's money, I am refering to the fundraised money. Many criticize the McCain campaign about the lack of action but I am sure if McCain was able to raise the amounts of money Obama has, it would make the task of energizing the campaign easier. It was Obama's prerogative to knock back the public funds, and I am not criticizing him for that, I was just pointing out that McCain's campaign, if better funded would be doing more.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Chicken or the egg? If he campaigned better, he would be better funded...

Muz4PM

HSC
Iron said:
Chicken or the egg? If he campaigned better, he would be better funded...
That's true, but I think Obama started with an advantage, he wasn't a Republican. Even back during the primaries, the total amount of money raised by all GOP candidates was smaller than what was raised by Obama and Hillary combined. That'd be consistant with the poll numbers as well, which show alot of Americans favour the Democrats over the GOP, and that is reflected by the small and larger donors I would think.

Last edited:

Progressive

HSC
Go Obama screw McmacCane burger, what does the cane know about foreign policy, i mean the old freak is some self-interested republican, who is he going to be punching for really America or his back pocket. hahaha

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Secretly, when McCain gets elected, he'll turn into a democrat again.

ashik1

HSC
Re: Barrack OBama or John Mccain?

MTP said:
Barack Obama!!
America's never had a black president, and there's been 42 of em. i reckon mccain (ah mccain u've done it again) is gonna win by like 6-7%. The election's after the HSC exams yeah?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

ashik1 said:
America's never had a black president, and there's been 42 of em. i reckon mccain (ah mccain u've done it again) is gonna win by like 6-7%. The election's after the HSC exams yeah?
Actually, it has, but there was a Jewish conspiracy to erase him from the history books.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

Anonymou$ said:
I've heard McCain is as stupid as Bush.
I've heard that vague unsubstantiated rumours are always true.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

She did a slightly funny video response to McCain's stupid campaign attempt to liken Obama to Britney Spears or Paris Hilton.

Really, McCain has such shitty campaigns. His most recent one involves paying people to say good things about him.

Muz4PM

HSC

ashik1 said:
The election is held on the fourth of November. So, I guess allowing time difference, results will begin come through roughly fourteen hours later (that's not taking into account daylight savings etc.) My last exam is chemistry on the sixth, so I can't really watch the results too intensely.

ashik1

HSC

Muz4PM said:
The election is held on the fourth of November. So, I guess allowing time difference, results will begin come through roughly fourteen hours later (that's not taking into account daylight savings etc.) My last exam is chemistry on the sixth, so I can't really watch the results too intensely.
Yeah dude, my last exam's on the 6th as well (chem), but I have Physics on the 4th. The question is can I afford to spend like 2 minutes on some results which i rly wanna hear? Wen/if i know da result, it'll probably b stuck in my mind. reckon i should spend the coupla mins- i mean wat would u guys do?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

Slidey said:
She did a slightly funny video response to McCain's stupid campaign attempt to liken Obama to Britney Spears or Paris Hilton.

Really, McCain has such shitty campaigns. His most recent one involves paying people to say good things about him.
Dude no, it really wasn't funny at all. This is for several reasons:
- She did not write it. Had she written it, it would have been slightly funnier
- She has no idea what she is taking about in it. You can totally tell it would have taken all day to shoot that.
- The delivery was poor.
- Just all round not hilarious.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Although light appears to be shining from some pretty suspect areas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)