2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
wtf was with Phil Gramm's 'nation of whiners' remark? someone needs to lynch that idiot.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Arnold Schwarzenegger would like to serve in an Obama administration

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said in an interview aired Sunday that he would be open to the idea of serving as energy czar in a Barack Obama administration.

Regardless of whether he takes that particular job, Schwarzenegger, a Republican, added on ABC’s “This Week” that he’s now committed to continuing public service even after he leaves Sacramento.

Schwarzenegger endorsed John McCain at the end of January, and McCain has appeared with “the Governator” to praise his efforts to deal with climate change.

A Schwarzenegger appointment would add even more star power to a hypothetical Obama administration, and would allow Obama to make an appointment from across the aisle that would not upset his core supporters.

When George Stephanopoulous asked Schwarzenegger about the idea on “This Week,” the governor replied that he doesn’t "think about taking on a national role.”

“It’s hypothetical,” he added. “I’m always ready to help in any way I can, the United States. I've committed myself to be a public servant. I said to myself, ‘This country has given me everything. It's my time, now — I’m through with the acting and all of those things that I've done, body building.

“Even though I love all of those things still, for me, it's important to give something back, do my work without getting paid and give something back, no matter what I do. If I have this position or not, I will be traveling around the world and I will be promoting [energy independence], renewables, solar, windmills, … protecting the environment, protecting the oceans.”

Stephanopoulos followed up about Obama: “If he were president and he called, you would at least take that call?”

Schwarzenegger replied: “I would take his call now, I will take his call when he's president — any time. Remember, no matter who is president, I don't see this as a political thing, I see this as we always have to help, no matter what the administration is.”

Stephanopoulos said his question was prompted by a news report that he attributed to Newsweek.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20080713/pl_politico/11710
lol.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Garygaz said:
Pretty much whoever America votes for, they're still screwed. Check out they're foreign debt. If i recall correctly, their debt is accumulating an extra $1 billion per week. : /

I also think Australia is in debt from the Rudd government overspending things (fixing Rudd's teeth) :p

manicbatscha

HSC
what971 said:
wtf was with Phil Gramm's 'nation of whiners' remark? someone needs to lynch that idiot.
If you discount the political immaturity of the remark, particularly considering the fact that the economy and energy prices are the foremost concerns of voters, the remark in itself is not as absurd as it would seem at first glance. Despite the energy and credit crisis, as numerous officials have stated, the fundamental shape of the american economy remains in solid stead. The unemployment rate is below 5%, economic growth is still not negative and their petrol prices compared to the rest of the developed world is a joke. The economic problems have been heavily beat up by the media in the pursuit of their own ends.

The remark is also applicable to Australians. Energy prices today consume a smaller proportion of income c ompared to 12 years ago. Suck it up. Its called a free market. You like the good stuff, well don't complain about the bad.

brainwashed39

HSC
i want obama to win but i'm worried he'll get assasinated.
so if mcbain wins at least obama will be safer.
we're all doomed anyway.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
brainwashed39 said:
i want obama to win but i'm worried he'll get assasinated.
so if mcbain wins at least obama will be safer.
we're all doomed anyway.

We're not doomed, only the American people are. Sooner or later, everyone outside America, even me and you, would own a lot of American land ;)

mortein2008

HSC
i think McCain is the most deserving of the two. However, that does not mean he will be a good president, and that's the most important. I'm quite undecided.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
mortein2008 said:
i think McCain is the most deserving of the two. However, that does not mean he will be a good president, and that's the most important. I'm quite undecided.
WTF. are you fucking stupid. McCain is a self confessed fucktard. the guy cant fucking use a computer and doesn't know which countries are bordering Iraq.....yet he is an expert in "foreign policy", and like he has said himslef, he needs to be educated in economics.

fuck you.

Last edited:

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
McCain is clearly a great orator with an immense aura of personality and excitement.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
TBH, like I've said from the beginning, they're both fairly decent options as far as America's politicians go.

Gotta say Obama still takes the lead, though. He's not a creationist, and he's more likely to aim for better healthcare and welfare.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)