HSC
Uni Grad
wish i could do bussiness studies but it clashes with 3U math at my school

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
Buisness Studies doesn't have to count if you do Chem and Bio well. Although you should have done economics instead. If possible you should switch to economics, ask if they can give you an estimate for your first assessment mark at the end of the year. Besides, economics and buisness studies are very similar, they even have a bit of overlap i think.
Thanks for your advice. However, I am very happy with my current progresss in Business Studies. I know that it will have good scaled marks if I achieve high marks in both my external and internal exams.

I am aiming for the state ranks in Business Studies that will give me good scaled marks that I can be satisfied with.

elzy93

HSC
My prelim subjects are:
English 3U
Maths 3U
Indonesian Continuers
Chemistry
Modern History
Studies of Religion 1

only doing SoR because the school makes us, but I'm actually liking it - fairly easy to go well in :)

shoutoutloud

HSC
Re: Prelim Subjects '08

Biology
Ancient History
Geography
Studies of Religion (1 unit)
Gen.Maths
standard English
Ipt

Lycomedus

HSC
I'm here to study but ok....

1.) Mathematics
2.) Mathematics Extenstion 1
3.) Economics
4.) Physics
5.) Chemistry
6.) Software Design and Development
7.) English
8.) PHIL 1016 - Mind and Morality

selablad

HSC
I'm actually from Queensland, but hey, year 11 is year 11...

My subjects:
English
Chemistry
Physics
Biology

Maths B and Maths C - and I have no idea what the NSW equivalents are, they seem to be totally different...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
selablad said:
I'm actually from Queensland, but hey, year 11 is year 11...

My subjects:
English
Chemistry
Physics
Biology

Maths B and Maths C - and I have no idea what the NSW equivalents are, they seem to be totally different...
Are Maths B and Maths C advancd version or the hardest Maths in Queensland? Because we have what's called Mathematics Extension 1 & 2 that are the hardest Mathematics you can do in NSW.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
In Queensland it's Maths A, B and C. B and C are considered the hardest.

selablad

HSC
Maths A from what I have read seems to be similar to your general maths? I think? They do stuff like managing finances and simple trig stuff, maths that is relevant to daily life.
Maths B is what most people do. I'm doing it accelerated and last year it was stuff like more advanced trig, differentiation, statistics, graphs and functions and that sort of thing.
Maths C is the best subject IMO! Not many people do it but it's very interesting (even if it's not very relevant to anything, but that's the best sort of maths!) - stuff like complex numbers, groups, matrices, vectors and stuff.

What sort of stuff do you do in your maths? That is, what is the difference between all of them? What do you study in each one? In each year I mean? I read somewhere that by the end of year 12, studying both your maths extensions is equal to studying both B and C in Qld, but how is it separated?

Should probably post this somewhere more appropriate...oh well. Just a quick question :)

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
selablad said:
Maths A from what I have read seems to be similar to your general maths? I think? They do stuff like managing finances and simple trig stuff, maths that is relevant to daily life.
Maths B is what most people do. I'm doing it accelerated and last year it was stuff like more advanced trig, differentiation, statistics, graphs and functions and that sort of thing.
Maths C is the best subject IMO! Not many people do it but it's very interesting (even if it's not very relevant to anything, but that's the best sort of maths!) - stuff like complex numbers, groups, matrices, vectors and stuff.

What sort of stuff do you do in your maths? That is, what is the difference between all of them? What do you study in each one? In each year I mean? I read somewhere that by the end of year 12, studying both your maths extensions is equal to studying both B and C in Qld, but how is it separated?

Should probably post this somewhere more appropriate...oh well. Just a quick question :)
matrices?! That used to be in the 4U syllabus, but they took it out because people were bad at math.

I guess your Math C is our 4U math, and your Math B is 2U+3U math. So I guess studying 4U math is the same as both B and C in Qld.

selablad

HSC
Cool. Thanks for that then :)

Just to clarify...2U = normal maths, 3U = ext 1 and 4U = ext 2? I think?

J

joseph777

3u maths
Latin cont.
Chemistry
Physics
2u adv. english
Economics

~Claire~

HSC
extension maths
extension english
economics
legal studies
modern history

Bree.Leigh

HSC
Advanced English
3U Maths
Biology
Physics ... gonna drop in yr 12 :)
Geography
Ancient History

uai aim: 90

brooke.ellen

HSC
N/A
hey hye!

im new ahhh dunno how to use all this stuff!

well i do :

stand english
adv maths
biology
legal studies
religion 1 unit
SLR
pdhpe

and yeah

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
brooke.ellen said:
hey hye!

im new ahhh dunno how to use all this stuff!

well i do :

stand english
adv maths
biology
legal studies
religion 1 unit
SLR
pdhpe

and yeah
Don't worry. Ask your way through the website. People in here are nice and friendly. They will help you with the most affable conduct if you ask for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)