2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

kido_1

pRoFFeSSoR
HSC
backed up, the bunnies biggest winning streak in 7 yrs two games in a row -lol

SyCoTiC

HSC
lil_georgie_gal said:
I have been a proud souths supporter from the day i was born! The only years i have experienced have been the lows, and i have never not been proud to say i support souths and i know alot of people who would say the same! UP THE BUNNIES!!!

And anyways supporters coming out of nowhere is something of a trait for the fans of the roosters, a few years back coincidentally everyone wanted to be a roosters supporter.... where are they all now.....
Haha it's just a fun generalising jab at supporters altogether. Though I gotta say, I've never really gone hiding when the Broncos have been on the slide but thankfully they haven't been on a proper slide. Ever.

I don't like bandwagon jumpers though like the ones during the Roosters' dominance period. You just don't come outta nowhere and start talking about the football when you have no idea what you're on about, let alone know all the players in your team week in week out, then when the going gets tough, they get going. Shameful - Gives a bad name to those who actually support their teams truly.

In saying so, Broncos are a little patchy so far but that's because of two tough opening round opponents as well as a post-premiership slump with the likes of injury and all. Better to have a patchy time at the beginning of the season rather than the end, they'll hit their straps soon.

CARN BRONCSSS!!!

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
It's only the second round, the Roosters & all the other teams could still change.
Exactly. Have a look at last years results; at this stage last year, Broncos had only won one game, and we all know how they ended up going... :rolleyes:

SyCoTiC

HSC
Tonie Carroll gone for 2 weeks. I would've though Petero would've copped it and Carroll get off. A shame for TBA. =(

SyCoTiC

HSC
Can't believe you guys even managed to let him go. =P

John Morris?

HA HA HA..

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
i start to get a feeling that the sharks will be a spoon contender, because they are very much like the raiders - got no one. i suppose noddy and dykes can be a force, but you can't really rely on them to win you games all the time.

anyone has a clue on what's happening to the roosters, dogs and broncos? i expected them to start off with a bang.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
wuddie said:
i start to get a feeling that the sharks will be a spoon contender, because they are very much like the raiders - got no one. i suppose noddy and dykes can be a force, but you can't really rely on them to win you games all the time.

anyone has a clue on what's happening to the roosters, dogs and broncos? i expected them to start off with a bang.
The roosters are going to be shit this year. They have no one. I put them 2nd last.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
The roosters are going to be shit this year. They have no one. I put them 2nd last.
It's not that they don't have anyone. They do have people.

It's just that the game they're playing... well, it isn't first grade rugby league.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
roosters are shit
non stop
i think they will be on of the main contenders for the wooden spoon along with canberra and the eels

SyCoTiC

HSC
wuddie said:

Are you mad?

Paul Gallen, Greg Bird, Lance Thompson, Brett Kearney, Reece Williams. That's only part of the squad and you're telling me that they have no one? Any of these players (bar Thompson I guess) are able to break open games with their own hands and that's not an understatement. The Sharks have a wealth of talent and Ricky Stuart has it at his disposal. They just never had the right coach. Look what happened the first year Chris Anderson took over, my god what a team. No fucking clue why they sacked him in the first place.

Roosters have the talent but they aren't exactly developed yet and they lack consistency. They're in the rebuilding phase.

The Doggies lack the creativity in the halves which you saw get exposed by the Panthers last Friday. Absolutely ripped up out wide.

Broncos are dogged by suspensions and injuries. Bennett is testing out new halves combinations as well as a reshuffle in the backline and blooding young guns who are potential candidates to replacing the 'big 3' retirements that will be coming around in the near future. Namely, Lockyer, Thorn and Civoniceva.

Roosters will stay at the bottom of the ladder, Dogs will either scrape through or they won't, I'd say hovering around 8 or 9. This year's premiership is too close to predict.

Broncos will hit their straps when everyone is fit and firing considering they had the longer part of the season last year as most other times. If they hit it right, they should make the Top 8 like every other year since they entered the competition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)