2007 NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
ladies and gentlemen, it is official - knights CAN win without joey AND buderus.

anyone still wanna call knights a one-man team? any dogs or dragons supporters wanna express their feelings?

HSC
wuddie said:
ladies and gentlemen, it is official - knights CAN win without joey AND buderus.

anyone still wanna call knights a one-man team? any dogs or dragons supporters wanna express their feelings?
Yes please. I think the Knights have just had 2 flukes in a row. ;);)

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
withoutaface said:
???
"Lolz we cant win a premiership, but we beat a team who did on one occassion!"
i think its still embarrasing to lose to a team thats as shit as the sharks by such a margin. so they havent won a premiership, you know why, because they suck. but i can rest assured knowing that if they lose i wont get laughed at because its expected, but if a team of premiership material loses to them its humiliating.
no premiership in 40 years, well there a first time for everything, and its good to see loyal players go out there every morning and try hard, even if it produces no big trophy at the end of the year.

"i support a team thats won a premiership, your team never has, therefore, im cool and youre a loser"

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
sando said:
sharks lol.. you cant deny that they are good entertainment value..

i was at the sharks v tigers game when benji did that awesome run.. haha it was funny sharks are so bad
damn straight
btw, benji marshall = overrated

HSC
wuddie said:

Yeah. Knights didnt win, both the Dragons and Bulldogs lost. There's a difference. They each threw it away, they pretty much played like they wanted the Knights to win it.

P.S. I shall still call Knights a one man team

iamsickofyear12

HSC
watatank said:
Yeah. Knights didnt win, both the Dragons and Bulldogs lost. There's a difference. They each threw it away, they pretty much played like they wanted the Knights to win it.

The Knights, Dragons and the ref were all awful. Horrible game of football.

Panthers played well, 100% better than last week, but the bulldogs cost themselves the game. I think they dropped the ball every time they got it.

HSC
martin88 said:
honby and mullen aren't really genuine halfbacks... mullen plays 5/8 for newcastle, and hornby is so adaptable he is equally good at 5/8 as he is halfback... so that doesn't really matter

the combination most likely to fail would be 6. gower 7. orford... play too similar styles of football... mullen/hornby at 5/8 with gower/orford at half would work the best
I wasn't referring to Hornby and Mullen I was referring to gower/orford.

That is instant fail. It already has failed, they played together already for City and both played terribly, definitely screwed up Orford's chances.

Mullen won't play for NSW.

I hope Hornby/Orford get the nod.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
finally after 10 years of not winning without joey and bederus, they finally won :D
good on them
and LOL on the bulldogs...suck shit doggies
absolutely hammered

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
watatank said:

pfft, i don't care if they threw it away or forfeit it, if dragons lost, then the knights have won - it's the same bloody thing as saying 'the cup is half empty'. maybe the dragons should try NOT to suck so much.

if the knights are still a one man team, then dragons and dogs lost to the 'one man team' without the man himself - so that's a record low

SyCoTiC

HSC
Brian Smith isn't as one-dimensional as Mick Hagan - The results speak for themselves. Two wins in a row against formidable teams. Look at the Eels on the other hand...

ham and pickles

HSC
Go the sharkies!!! Loyal supporter since 5years, now 18. Bit disapponting number of losses but teams looking good this year. Kimmorly looks to be achieving and we got dykes. Shame Rogers didnt come back to us, to relive the glory days of the late 90's and early 2000's. Reckon the bunnies will go off this year, as well as the tightens. Im a novcacastrian but i hpe the bloody nights get the wooden spoonj again, and will someone break joey's legs or somethin.

No matter if they won last nights game withoput him, its still a one man team to me.

Go caerney!!!!

ham and pickles

HSC
onebytwo said:
i recall the sharks winning a match against the knights with a score line to the effect of 64-14.
biggest loss in knights history, to a team thats never won a premiership, that sucks
Thats right, every time we make it to the finals, which we have numerous times, it goes down to the line often but we choke. Just remember to watch your back for the great white!

SyCoTiC

HSC
Sharkies look good this year. They've always had a good line up IMO but they haven't been able to click when it came to the business end of the season but Stuart is a first-class coach who can get the best out of the team and also bring some culture that the club has been lacking throughout its history. Hope they don't give Ricky the boot like they did with Anderson, that was just so out of the blue. =\ Expect Sharkies in the hunt for a Top 8 position this year but I don't think they'll go all the way until they start playing as a team.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
fucking roosters just got smashed by the cowboys
its probably between them and canberra for the wooden spoon title this season

HSC
Rorters have a team with supposable "star quality" players and they play like a bunch of eggs, where as canberra have basically a bunch of no-names and still tough it out more than that of the roosters!

Hope the roosters get the spoon this yr!

Go the bunnies tomorow!!

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Won't we all?! :D
And the Roosters are the great team right? Thats why they lost, and Newcastle won. :D [I dont like the Roosters]

Sharks look good this year, but so do the Cowboys.

Last edited:

SyCoTiC

HSC
I don't think the chooks can notch up their 1000th win this year. LOL! =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)