• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

13 year old girl denied abortion (1 Viewer)

sugared plum

HSC
wow that's really good.
i wish there were the court records/judgment available of the case

cos smh said last week the court ordered a "temporary injunction" ie you can't do anything until we have psych assessment/make decisions etc

but this article says judge made a judgment on her psych state at that time ie too immature, when really that was the argument of the social services people.

anyway.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Phanatical said:
The state has EVERY right to intervene, especially if it means the protection of a human life. There are of course quality of life issues, but if she wasn't raped then the child deserves a chance to live, and a set of infertile parents deserve a chance to give this child a good life. If she WAS raped, then I would (guardedly) support an abortion ASAP on the basis that the child would not have a good quality of life knowing he or she were the progeny of a rapist.
this is a strange conclusion to draw, do you think her mother having no means of income and living in a shelter, and also being far too immature to raise it wouldnt also effect it's "quality of life"?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
His suggestion was that she give birth and put the child up for adoption, not keep it herself.

stainmepink

HSC
sugared plum said:
if it is unwanted BY THE MOTHER.

yes i meant that. after all shes the one whos having to go through the tramatizing bloody agonizing birth ... the pain, stretch marks on her skin, sore ankles and no sex for 9 months.

and if shes under the age of 16 she'll be a social outcast as well.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gobaby said:
yes i meant that. after all shes the one whos having to go through the tramatizing bloody agonizing birth ... the pain, stretch marks on her skin, sore ankles and no sex for 9 months.

and if shes under the age of 16 she'll be a social outcast as well.
Is prohibiting a 13 year old from sex for nine months really such a bad thing?

stainmepink

HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
Teach the stupid skank to get knocked up. Unless she was inseminated by aliens. Then meh.

you dont know the full story, so dont jump to conclusions.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
ur_inner_child: no it's still her fault, all that satanic dress incited the rapist's lust

*shakes head

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
But we love you, though.
heh

i deleted my post cuz i dunno if she got RAPED or she's under 13 and classed as rape.

i <3 you too arvin

stainmepink

HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
So? No one knows the full story, and no one will, so should we just close down the forums?

Should we? SHOULD we? should WE? Pinko.

but you shouldnt call her a stupid skank though. thats pretty rich considering you dont actually know what happened.

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
gobaby said:
but you shouldnt call her a stupid skank though. thats pretty rich considering you dont actually know what happened.
But it has alliteration! ALLITERATION!

I would like to remind you the last person that disagreed with me is now pushing up daisys at the local nursery.

stainmepink

HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
But it has alliteration! ALLITERATION!

I would like to remind you the last person that disagreed with me is now pushing up daisys at the local nursery.

hahahaha!!! im not picking a fight with you, just stating what i think .. calm down

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gobaby said:
And you shouldn't have taken to "social outcast" angle either, because if she wasn't raped (which could well be the case) then she should have though about that before she had sex at such a young age.

stainmepink

HSC
withoutaface said:
And you shouldn't have taken to "social outcast" angle either, because if she wasn't raped (which could well be the case) then she should have though about that before she had sex at such a young age.
no but if she gave birth regardless of how it happened, people are still going to see her in a different light. what would people think of a person under 16 who has already given birth?

(this is ironic, because this whole thread shows the attitudes some people have towards young mothers.) whether or not she was involved in frisky behaviour, some people will judge her differently because they know she has given birth at such a young age.

im not calling her a social outcast, im just saying that people will see her in that way if she gives birth at young age. (or she might become one, same thing)

Last edited by a moderator:

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
well serves her right for having sex at 13
do you remember that case back in late1990s... a 12 year old girl was pregnant to her 21 year old boyfriend in america and he left her... she tried to follow but she was way too pregnant and ended up dying in labour on the street corner... the kid was just wrapped in the attention of an older guy... plus that 13 year old came from an abusive back ground... she seeking some kind of love... at least she has her head screwed on about wat to do... who's to say she wasnt molested or something??

sugared plum

HSC
withoutaface said:
so many people keep going over this. for the last time -
in florida,
A PERSON UNDER 15 IS A MINOR AND THEREFORE IF THEY ENGAGE IN A SEX ACT IT IS RAPE

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
sugared plum said:
so many people keep going over this. for the last time -
in florida,
A PERSON UNDER 15 IS A MINOR AND THEREFORE IF THEY ENGAGE IN A SEX ACT IT IS RAPE
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, STOP SPLITTING HAIRS!

When I said rape I meant non-consensual.

sugared plum

HSC
withoutaface said:
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN, STOP SPLITTING HAIRS!

When I said rape I meant non-consensual.
dude minors cannot give consent. there is no "if".
it was non-consensual sex, rape, sexual assault regardless of whether the 13 year old wanted to have sex/said yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)