100% in 4u maths? (1 Viewer)

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
In 2013 four of the state rankers (including 1st) did it and didn't get 70.

Also last year an Olympiad did it and didn't get 70.
What's the main reason Olympians don't get 70+ in these tests? Is it just the style of Q's is too different to Olympiad, is it silly mistakes, or is it sheer lack of time in the exam conditions? Wonder how maths professors would go in these BOS tests (timed)...lol.

Drsoccerball

HSC
What's the main reason Olympians don't get 70+ in these tests? Is it just the style of Q's is too different to Olympiad, is it silly mistakes, or is it sheer lack of time in the exam conditions? Wonder how maths professors would go in these BOS tests (timed)...lol.
Straight out took me 2 days to complete the whole 2014 extension 2 exam

leehuan

HSC
For that BoredOS exam, I'm just gonna read the question and copy out the answers starting 3 days or so before the thing... Like I said 20% and I'll be happy

Drsoccerball

HSC
For that BoredOS exam, I'm just gonna read the question and copy out the answers starting 3 days or so before the thing... Like I said 20% and I'll be happy
For MC im not even joking going to circle one answer for every question

leehuan

HSC
Ain't nobody got time for dat...

1. C
2. C
3. C
4. C
5. C
6. C
7. C
8. C
9. C
10. C is for Carrotsticks

Before you know it, none of the MC is C.

seanieg89

HSC
I am fairly sure the lack of time is the dominant factor (and a relatively small number of olympians ever sitting it).

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I remember the Olympian last year skipped Q14 and Q15 entirely and just went to Q16.

Probably wanted 15 on Q16 (he got 14/15 from memory for it).

mreditor16

HSC
Ain't nobody got time for dat...

1. C
2. C
3. C
4. C
5. C
6. C
7. C
8. C
9. C
10. C is for Carrotsticks

Before you know it, none of the MC is C.
Carrotsticks used to teach at the place where I got tutoring for Mathematics in Year 12. And he set one term test, such that all the answers for MC were actually C. That really did mess with my head and my confidence, when I did the exam LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)