zomg atar estimate???!!?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kralex

HSC
actually no. lol
you lose more than 1 point
And that affects me how?

Secks I am thinking we should red box kralex?
What do you think?
Go ahead, I don't value my account as much as you two do yours.

m8 i keep getting negged by noobs with 8 posts =[ =[ =[ =[
its hurting my feelings. now i will never get lots of rep =[ =[ =[ =[
Oh how terrible we don't spend as much time as you do on BoS. I am really butthurt that I do not have as many posts as you.:cry:

brendroid

HSC
I think it's rep boxes, shuttle ^^

Yay, I have a free period tomorrow morning :D may as well spend it giving the rep I can't on this computer.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Thanks secks and bren.
Was going to say if it was post count, i should start posting in stuff other then NS and NCAP

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
There is no "other team". There are school students and those that have finished school. As someone that has finished school you're supposed to use your knowledge of the HSC year to assist us through the year. Sure there are stupid ATAR estimate threads where people are quite obviously going to achieve their aims but there will always be someone like myself among the crowd who is unsure of their situation and will have average marks and ranks. Just stay out of the stupid threads with obvious answers and look for threads created by people with real concerns, yes they do exist, watch out for mine in a week :)

Not sure that we're "supposed to", but a lot of us do it anyway, yeah. Idk though, I think that your interests would be better served by creating a thread saying "How can I learn more about aligning/moderating/scaling and thus predict my own ATAR?" (or better yet searching the forums yourself) than asking a bunch of people with unknown ability to do it for you, which may give you an inaccurate answer. There's a whole load of ways you can estimate your final marks and then your ATAR with decent accuracy if you do it properly. Simple subject/school ranks really isn't very illuminating, especially for schools which are out of the top 100.

Obviously if you want to post an ATAR estimate thread then no one can stop you. But at this time of year you've done maybe 50% of your course. Your ranks are by no means set in stone. So any estimate you're given by anyone on this site will only be relevant until your next set of marks come back. Even for people who are posting with real concerns, not just for an ego boost, this isn't going to be very helpful.

myst1fy

HSC
N/A
lol since when did this thread turn to the discussion of muslims, shuttle_bus5 was just stating that estimates are just pointless, so fagdaddy either stay on topic or go suck a big fat cock.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
lol since when did this thread turn to the discussion of muslims, shuttle_bus5 was just stating that estimates are just pointless, so fagdaddy either stay on topic or go suck a big fat cock.
mate, all these 10'ers live off estimates. Its like there oxygen.

Kralex

HSC
Not sure that we're "supposed to", but a lot of us do it anyway, yeah. Idk though, I think that your interests would be better served by creating a thread saying "How can I learn more about aligning/moderating/scaling and thus predict my own ATAR?" (or better yet searching the forums yourself) than asking a bunch of people with unknown ability to do it for you, which may give you an inaccurate answer. There's a whole load of ways you can estimate your final marks and then your ATAR with decent accuracy if you do it properly. Simple subject/school ranks really isn't very illuminating, especially for schools which are out of the top 100.

Obviously if you want to post an ATAR estimate thread then no one can stop you. But at this time of year you've done maybe 50% of your course. Your ranks are by no means set in stone. So any estimate you're given by anyone on this site will only be relevant until your next set of marks come back. Even for people who are posting with real concerns, not just for an ego boost, this isn't going to be very helpful.
Don't you worry, I have already search the forum as much as I could for information on aligning/moderating and scaling but I don't know it enough to predict my own ATAR.

We aren't asking a bunch of people with unknown ability to do it for you. We come to recognize the people with larger amounts of reputation points and higher post counts who come into most threads talking about it as the ones that do know about it and would be able to give us an estimate.

Sure ATAR estimate threads are mostly useless as your conditions/marks/ranks are subject to change over the year but it does help in showing that you may be on the right track. Believe it or not, it is helpful for some people to know they're on the right track and do need the ego boost.

mate, all these 10'ers live off estimates. Its like there oxygen.
Says the 09'er who created his own topic on an estimate thread back in HSC days.

It never did become a discussion of Muslims. "mak"daddy just stated that as an 09'er his time would be better well spent in a forum he is much more useful in rather then lingering around in the HSC threads as he quite clearly thinks they're stupid and the whole of the 2010 cohort are a bunch of "retards" and "idiots".

Last edited:

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Don't you worry, I have already search the forum as much as I could for information on aligning/moderating and scaling but I don't know it enough to predict my own ATAR.

We aren't asking a bunch of people with unknown ability to do it for you. We come to recognize the people with larger amounts of reputation points and higher post counts who come into most threads talking about it as the ones that do know about it and would be able to give us an estimate.

Sure ATAR estimate threads are mostly useless as your conditions/marks/ranks are subject to change over the year but it does help in showing that you may be on the right track. Believe it or not, it is helpful for some people to know they're on the right track and do need the ego boost.
You don't need to predict it yourself. All you need to do is work out approximately what HSC mark you will get for each of your subjects and then put that into SAM/JUAI/UMAX. They may not be completely accurate but no one on this board, no matter their rep status or post count, has some special knowledge that will trump those programs. As for approximating your mark, the best people to ask about that are your teachers. If they don't want to help you then you check out the standards packages the BOS provides, you look at the raw-->aligned mark threads that have been posted on this site and you ask students from the grade above at your school how their school marks worked out in relation to final HSC scores.

The ATAR estimates people give are often so generalised that they don't even necessarily help indicate whether you're on the right track. What does an estimate of 95+ mean to someone who needs 98.9 for their first preference?

Lastly, if people are posting an estimate thread as an ego boost then they should at least be up front about it, not be saying "oh hay guyz are my ranks gud enuf i'm so scaredd". Plus you called threads where people are obviously going to achieve their aims "stupid" in your previous post so I'm not entirely sure where you stand re the ego stroking situation.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
You don't need to predict it yourself. All you need to do is work out approximately what HSC mark you will get for each of your subjects and then put that into SAM/JUAI/UMAX. They may not be completely accurate but no one on this board, no matter their rep status or post count, has some special knowledge that will trump those programs. As for approximating your mark, the best people to ask about that are your teachers. If they don't want to help you then you check out the standards packages the BOS provides, you look at the raw-->aligned mark threads that have been posted on this site and you ask students from the grade above at your school how their school marks worked out in relation to final HSC scores.

The ATAR estimates people give are often so generalised that they don't even necessarily help indicate whether you're on the right track. What does an estimate of 95+ mean to someone who needs 98.9 for their first preference?

Lastly, if people are posting an estimate thread as an ego boost then they should at least be up front about it, not be saying "oh hay guyz are my ranks gud enuf i'm so scaredd". Plus you called threads where people are obviously going to achieve their aims "stupid" in your previous post so I'm not entirely sure where you stand re the ego stroking situation.
This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)