YR10 Essay Concept - Identity (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I have trouble instigating a cogent introduction for my essay. The A.O.S. is Identity. The statement is "We never truly know ourselves until we find out who we are, the journey can be a contradicting battle with ourself and society." Explain this concept referring to your prescribed text, "Go ask Alice" and two related text of your choice. I'm probably going to use "Christmas Carol" and "Lord of the Flies" as my related text. Can someone please help?

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Why are you doing a concept already?
I studied a concept last year. Some schools introduce the idea of writing with a concept (journey's, change or whatever) early. It makes makes writing essays in Year 11 slightly easier.

OP- I havent read those texts or whatever but have a search around for some past essays that might help you write yours

randomnessss

HSC
Uni Grad
The identity of an individual is a complex journey, which can take form through the experiences he or she faces as a result of personal and societal influences. These influences may contradict as the individual feels inclined to be themselves instead of meeting society's expectations. Hence, the identity of an individual is a contradicting battle between themselves and society. This notion is exemplified in ...

Last edited:

iloveapple

HSC
The identity of an individual is a complex journey, which can take form through the experiences he or she faces as a result of personal and societal influences. These influences may contradict as the indivdual feels inclined to be themselves instead of meeting society's expectations. Hence, the ideneity of an individual is a contradicting battle between themself and society. This notion is exemplified in ...
LOL. hey man you should be doing extension english with that kind of language ability =)

iNerd

Banned
HSC
hey. I did lord of flies last year for my area of study. And I still have some notes. But it's more on power, if that helps? You could relate that by discovering the true nature of power and the defects behind it, only then we are able to discover who we are?

anyways. some stuff I wrote last year

- power comes to ralph, symbolism of conch (esp sound when blown)
- jack's power over the choir boys
- ralph has authoritive power at first, as many kids have just left civilisation, and their tender age has made them submissive to ralph as they depend on a leader.
- fire incident where littl'un is killed, suggest innocence of children as they did not anticipate the consequences
- ralph protagonist, jack antagonist
- jack is humane the beginning of the novel, later is overwhelmed by power and becomes submissive later on and obsesses with hunting
- mask symbolism
- ralph -> gave power -> jack -> chaos
- beastie is within all of them
- the mistake of believing in the beastie and the need to identify it, is what caused them to be swallowed by it-> contributes to them becoming savage
- Piggy's death symbolizes the destruction of intellectual and common sense on the island, while Simon's death cause the outburst of savageness = society with n laws, ability to do what is right disappears and is replaced with the need to do what is desired.
- crashing of the conch, symbolic destruction of the democratic society
- ralph's unwise decisions contribute to the outcome (power-> jack)

bbyjessicax

HSC
hmms . im doing Identity atm too .
buht im doing mulan & this short story called identity..
i guess i cant really help
but i start off my defining the concept of identity. obviously x)
and then worked my way slowlyyyy .
kay i think this post is useless >_>
x)

Amogh

HSC
N/A
After spending arduous hours on the essay (especially TEC Formula to sustain ideas), the teacher had marked my essay and has recently handed it back to me. A+ :) Thank you to randomnesss, I used your suggestion as my introduction.

Sigh now I have an Othello speech, my teacher stated that the class must do a 10 minute speech in order to analyse the themes and concepts. T_T

Hope my essay will ammeliorate other peoples' lives.
ameliorate lives? lol
man you use the thesaurus to often
this is quite risky coz you mite end up using words in the wrong context
like i have many times
:haha:
any way your essay is so pro ftw

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL! I read the thesaurus? :S

Just digressing abit, do you play dota? :)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry, i just had to laugh victor. :p
Post your essay aswell - its a great contribution. Emphasis on great (sarcasm). LOL!

Why 2U Maths only, Danny and strive for the asian combination. :)
- 4U Maths
- 2U Advanced English
- Chemistry
- Physics

Last edited:

DforDANNY

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL, prefer not too, mine's inferior compared to yours, or you can keep that impression aiight? & eff the asian combination. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)