Your first day of uni. (1 Viewer)

izi

HSC
Originally posted by Panda Bear
if they're international.. i don't think u can.. if youre resident/citizen.. u can i *fink*
you cant if you are international, but if you are local you can (if you get really good marks and do really well on the STAT test)

Leanne

HSC
oh well that doesnt apply to me then..i'm defferring all the way!

but does anyone else feel the same as me....i mean, u actually want to do well at uni rather than just simply pass?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Leanne

but does anyone else feel the same as me....i mean, u actually want to do well at uni rather than just simply pass?
well it depends on what course ur doing...eg. if ur doing medicine, then its no point getting high marks since a person who got passes would end up with the same job- i.e a general practioner! :D

evilc

I am a fish
HSC

Yeah:) I'm the same way as you. It's a shame that all of my friends are content with P's

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by evilc
Yeah:) I'm the same way as you. It's a shame that all of my friends are content with P's
look, ppl. have to get passes, so others can get D's and HD's- its just the way the world works!! :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
anyways, as for my first day at uni...i had only one lecture (but a shocking 8am start though :mad1: ) so yeah, the lecture was alright just covering the basics and stuff- nearly fell asleep to the end though (bcoz i woke up so early). :eek:

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC

Yeah, I feel likewise.. Want to achieve the best results I can, both for the possibility of doing honours and simply for personal/intellectual satisfaction..

Today consisted only of my first lecture for 'Inventing Modernity', which was interesting enough, with comedy (Told not to go to the wrong tutorial, because you'd be illegal, and you know how the government feels about illegals :D), and a general introduction to the relevant period and concepts, focusing largely on changes in the way 'English Literature' has been viewed..

Barely made it on time though, with train delays and other such fun.. Also made an acquaintance, and succeeded in annotating another of my Philosophy readings on the train back to Campbelltown. Quite a good day, except for the heat, my god, the heat!.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
For me I have a major problem in that my degree is just pass/fail in first year, and this is already affecting my motivation. I'm a really competitive person and I work for marks/grades and it's hard to really try my hardest when no matter how wonderfully I do I will just get a P :(

bex

HSC
Umm first day was 3 weeks ago but nyways,,, it was quite boring, i just bummed around in the dorms till 4pm (my first class- media sales communication) then had another from 6-8pm(promotions management)... was very tired by the end of it all!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
The person who was supposed to be doing a tutorial presentation today in my class didn't show up for the tute lol.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by shelley
i want high marks too...but i want to go to oxford!
Hehe, my baby's a smart cookie. You're a shoo in shells, they offered u an interview and all..

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
For me I have a major problem in that my degree is just pass/fail in first year, and this is already affecting my motivation. I'm a really competitive person and I work for marks/grades and it's hard to really try my hardest when no matter how wonderfully I do I will just get a P :(
That would suck so very much:(.

Leanne

HSC
i'm also very competitive braindrainedAsh..especially when it comes to school work!
The Pass/Fail idea is really bad....esp when it comes to 2nd year when u actually have to TRY and do well! It'll be so hard to get back into the hard work if u were just drifting through the work first yr....

eneleon

Plain Insane
HSC
hmm, well, lol we had an hour lecture, then, two hours in the lab, then the lecturer is all, WELL THATS ALL, I GOT THROUGH THAT QUICKER THAN I THOUGHT I WOULD, and he let us go, like four hours early. It was fun. :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by eneleon
hmm, well, lol we had an hour lecture, then, two hours in the lab, then the lecturer is all, WELL THATS ALL, I GOT THROUGH THAT QUICKER THAN I THOUGHT I WOULD, and he let us go, like four hours early. It was fun. :D
hehe- finally u had your first day. :p

eneleon

Plain Insane
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
hehe- finally u had your first day. :p
Yup. Three hours long, mainly consisting of us sitting in front of the computers to see if we could log on. :eek:

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Well, week 4 commences this Monday - in my 9am lecture this morning was told if you get through/make it to week 4, then you'll get through the semester?????? Hmm, wait and see.

Panicked Wednesday afternoon -thought I MISSED an assignment........ but, paying closer attention to the heading, this assignment was for DE students only. Oh yeah, showed a small group of students the way to our lecture room, had a room swap, of course they didn't know about it, told them we were in 4N120, hmm, many blank stares as though to say, where??

Finding my way around the Uni great now, well, it is rather small.

Final note - assignments thus far - have 2 that need to be done for mgw1100, 1 for dfs1601, 2 assignments which need to be completed for nur1201. Oh, I now do pre-lab questions every week and questions out of my dfs1601 unit manual/guide before each tutorial. That I don't mind, short answer questions are a breeze, it the essays!!! The expectations Universities hold for students with regard to essay standards/writing. If I had these same essay questions to do back in school, not a problem, but University..................

Anyway, I am sure my writing standards wont be quite so bad compared with another student (past) who wrote the word that as th@ throughout an entire essay! :eek: Or so we were told this morning. ;)

Cheers, bluesky

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)