Your first day of uni. (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
OK, now for my first day of University. I had two one hour lectures straight after each other (and in the same room). I found my room fine and went up and started talking to some people. Then we got let inside, when through the course outlines and went to the bar for a few hours. We had a bit too many to drink, so we had to catch the bus home. That just about sums it up. Nothing too interesting:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by bluesky100
I already have an assignment due - April 16th!!! :eek: That's the last day of holidays!!!!
If I wanted to, I had the choice of doing a presentation on the 15th of March, but I chose a later date:).

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Usyd: 1 week for each mid semeser break and 3 weeks off between the two semesters. Each semester has 13 weeks of class followed by a week of stuvac and then 2 of exams.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Generator
Usyd: 1 week for each mid semeser break and 3 weeks off between the two semesters. Each semester has 13 weeks of class followed by a week of stuvac and then 2 of exams.
So we have three weeks more, not four. They still have it good:).

Leanne

HSC
well i have an assignment due at the end of march!! beat that!

my two days at uni so far have been really enjoyable- go o-week festivities!!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Omigod... I have about 3 assignments due for week 3... you guys can't whinge!!! i.e. the week commencing 15th March!!!!!!!!!

I have counted 20 assignments due this semester for my course! And people say humanities are a bludge.....

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh
Omigod... I have about 3 assignments due for week 3... you guys can't whinge!!! i.e. the week commencing 15th March!!!!!!!!!

I have counted 20 assignments due this semester for my course! And people say humanities are a bludge.....
Are most of them like little one hour jobs though:confused:? If not, you have it tough:(.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i just heard from a friend of mine, who's doing nuclear radiography @ cumberland campus of USYD- that he got 3 assessments within the first two days! :eek: :cold:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
Are most of them like little one hour jobs though:confused:? If not, you have it tough:(.
Nup, no way. One of them involves an academic book report.... in other words, reading a whole non fiction book then writing about it!!!! Eeek!!!!

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
I had a Physics lab...and a friggin test! A test on the first day!

Anyway I aced it, but my hand hurts now. Not hard to ace basic maths and physics.
heaven forbid you should reach anything short of acing a DIAGNOSTIC TEST.

Leanne

HSC
Originally posted by braindrainedAsh

that is absolutely insane and unrealistic of them to expect that much from u in like 13 weeks!! How many subjects are u doing?

And they say ur supposed to enjoy ur days at uni! And that its easier than the HSC! But wiv that many assignments......geez!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i have at least 4 assessments per subject, but they don't start for a few week.s they are normally one week after the other though.

izi

HSC
Originally posted by Leanne
And they say ur supposed to enjoy ur days at uni! And that its easier than the HSC! But wiv that many assignments......geez!
dont forget that unlike the HSC, you are not under the pressure to get high marks
so unless you plan on doing honours or are trying to get HECS or watever, you just have to pass
and uni is heaps more enjoyable because you are doing wat you like, there are clubs and societies, theres a lot more freedom and variety...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I got an assignment on wednesday which is due next wednesday (the next week), but i ain't too stressed about it ... its easy

Leanne

HSC
Originally posted by izi
dont forget that unlike the HSC, you are not under the pressure to get high marks
so unless you plan on doing honours or are trying to get HECS or watever, you just have to pass
and uni is heaps more enjoyable because you are doing wat you like, there are clubs and societies, theres a lot more freedom and variety...
wat do u mean about HECS? Neways, i actually want to do well still.....not just pass. If i do well then i no that i understand what i'm doing and therefore wont freak out/ bomb out when the final examinations are happnin!

izi

HSC
Originally posted by Leanne
wat do u mean about HECS?
if someone is on full paying and they want to transfer to HECS, they have to get really good marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)