Year 9 Science research project (1 Viewer)

aidmck123

HSC
Hello to all those reading, i need help coming up with an idea for a Yr9 SRP, any ideas?

Lalaloop

HSC
...Using cabbage as a natural indicator - google it. Lots of pretty colours

Experiments with calculations also tend to be better as it shows far more involvement. Though to add to that, there's nothing wrong with your idea.

enoilgam

HSC
oh, that's a long time ago, thanks anyway
All I remember is that it is a good one to do because:
  • It is easy to test
  • You dont need to make a mess
  • You can use mostly stuff from around the house
  • The results are clear and easy to quantify
  • A simple google search will easily show you a clear explanation of the results
It probably isnt a complex or fancy one, but it makes writing the SRP much easier and really, you are being marked on the way you develop the report according to the scientific method. You could probably do a more complex and intricate experiment but if you cant get it down clearly in the report you will struggle to do well. People look at the SRP as being about picking the best experiment and build the report around it. However, I looked at the SRP as being about the report and built my experiment/topic around writing the best report.

A useful life lesson for me because that pretty much sums up my approach towards work, keep it clear, simple and focus on the right outcome.

Disclaimer: As I said above, it was over 13 years ago so if there are any science tutors/teachers/experts out there please feel free to rebut what Ive said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)