Year 9 and 10 science exam (1 Viewer)

StephanieMit

HSC
Hey everyone! I'm currently learning 2years worth of science work and I'm still on one topic. I can't seem to be moving along. My exams are in 4 weeks and I need help with time management skills. I have 10 topics to learn and I'm still learning electricity. I'm a visual and audio learner and I tend to write what I hear. I don't know if this makes me slow or not. Any ideas?

enoilgam

HSC
Hey everyone! I'm currently learning 2years worth of science work and I'm still on one topic. I can't seem to be moving along. My exams are in 4 weeks and I need help with time management skills. I have 10 topics to learn and I'm still learning electricity. I'm a visual and audio learner and I tend to write what I hear. I don't know if this makes me slow or not. Any ideas?
Well, first question is, what are you specifically doing for study at the moment (i.e. are you writing notes etc)?

Indoz

HSC
get main points out of your textbook, practice with questions and you should understand everything.
hmm audio and visual... i've heard that some people write out their notes, then study them, but when they are under a time constraint, they record their notes on their phone or something and keep listening to it.

StephanieMit

HSC
Well, first question is, what are you specifically doing for study at the moment (i.e. are you writing notes etc)?
Well first I record all my notes on my phone from my summaries and then I listen to them and write. They just basically turn out exactly the way I've written my summaries.

StephanieMit

HSC
get main points out of your textbook, practice with questions and you should understand everything.
hmm audio and visual... i've heard that some people write out their notes, then study them, but when they are under a time constraint, they record their notes on their phone or something and keep listening to it.
Yes, that is exactly what I do. It just takes me longer to learn it.

StephanieMit

HSC
are you studying 2 years worth of stuff because you are accelarating science, as in completing year 10 science in year 9 etc.?
No. I'm not accelerated. Its because I don't have the school certificate this year and my school decided to include year 9 and 10 science for the exams.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
No. I'm not accelerated. Its because I don't have the school certificate this year and my school decided to include year 9 and 10 science for the exams.
You should only really be revising for year 9 then, unless you haven't been listening in class this whole time. Same goes for year 10 partially, depending on what you've done already. It sounds to me like your starting from beginning when really all you need to do is go through the main points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)