Year 12 final days... (1 Viewer)

uniqueusername1

HSC
Honestly, going to university helps you with stepping out of your comfort zone. In high school, you're peers with people very similar to you (especially if you go to a selective school, everyone is very academically gifted, depending on where your school is located there may be majority ethnic groups). Introverted was the best adjective to describe me during high school, but university kind of forces you to interact with pretty much strangers when you first meet them, but over time, you get to build friendships with these people
alri alri. Uni's not seeming too bad now. I thought it was way worse than high school. Just like the shift from primary.

icycledough

HSC
alri alri. Uni's not seeming too bad now. I thought it was way worse than high school. Just like the shift from primary.
Not a chance ... probably the biggest change is the amount of independence which is required of you. Your lecturers won't be chasing you around if you don't finish homework or submit assignments (unlike teachers do in high school), which can either be a bad or good thing depending on what type of person you are.

Suz D

HSC
Honestly for me, having graduated last year, I look back at graduation and our formal as two of the most memorable experiences of the entire year. Graduation was great because it was the last day before not seeing each other for a month until HSC exams, until which everyone was going to be grinding their asses off for that month's duration. Formal was great differently because it was the first time seeing each other after HSC in a month and a bit. We were lucky though that the Covid restrictions has eased a bit at the end of last year, so we still could have our formal at a really nice venue with catering and dancing.
Yeah I think if our year group had a similar year with celebrations before exams, we would've had a lot of fun and make memories. But because we had the remainder of our proper schooling online at home all of the normal times for our celebrations were pushed back. We are still planning on having a formal night but it doesn't excite me like it did before lockdown. I think most of my year group is at a point where we would just prefer to finish the exams and move onto the next phase of life, whereas the other people are trying to force poorly planned celebrations without everyone's input or consent. Honestly for me, I would prefer to do my exams in peace and then go to a formal night and leave it at that. It just feels like we are beating a dead horse now. I know it probably sounds like I am complaining, and I really want others to have the celebrations they always wanted, but I think from the beginning that because of Covid, everyone knew that it wouldn't work out anyways.

DarkOperator618

HSC
For us, we had a massive ass waterfight to round off the last day

but yea it was so fun tbh, better than the other days of school put together

we also got our formal after the exams which is calm (grad is online ffs)

laterz laterz

HSC

bro same, the water fight was legit epic
we got our formal after hsc as well
and our grad is irl 😍

icycledough

HSC

How does online grad work? The whole point of it is to meet up with mates and pretty much take photos the whole day. Honestly think no grad might be better than online grad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)