Year 12 final days... (1 Viewer)

Suz D

HSC
So recently our year group has had a falling out over year 12 graduations stuff and I am at a point where I just want to finish school without any celebrations. It doesn't help that Covid really affected all of our normal celebrations. There is nothing I can really do about it but I am worried. People are always saying that the last few weeks of school are always so fun and emotional, but I am just not feeling it.

Is this normal? Did anyone have a similar experience? Did anyone feel their last year wasn't as great as everyone made it out to be? Does anyone actually look back on their last year and remember it happily?

uniqueusername1

HSC
So recently our year group has had a falling out over year 12 graduations stuff and I am at a point where I just want to finish school without any celebrations. It doesn't help that Covid really affected all of our normal celebrations. There is nothing I can really do about it but I am worried. People are always saying that the last few weeks of school are always so fun and emotional, but I am just not feeling it.

Is this normal? Did anyone have a similar experience? Did anyone feel their last year wasn't as great as everyone made it out to be? Does anyone actually look back on their last year and remember it happily?
nope everyones sweating in our school. no one comes just sweating badly.

5uckerberg

HSC

To me, I had somewhat of a sad moment because not many people in my year did Extension maths. Feels like a private session mostly. There are happy moments and sad moments. I understand how this feels, it's just like when you do not have many people in a class for maths.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Good. Less noise. Lmao. Plus ur more likely to find like minded people.
na its actually kinda depressing. Cranking 10 hour grinds (occasional BOS) and then just watching youtube for a bit = day over. No social life, no nothing (everyones grinding). Trapped in the house all day.

It's lonely at the top.

Hopefully things change lol.

icycledough

HSC

Honestly for me, having graduated last year, I look back at graduation and our formal as two of the most memorable experiences of the entire year. Graduation was great because it was the last day before not seeing each other for a month until HSC exams, until which everyone was going to be grinding their asses off for that month's duration. Formal was great differently because it was the first time seeing each other after HSC in a month and a bit. We were lucky though that the Covid restrictions has eased a bit at the end of last year, so we still could have our formal at a really nice venue with catering and dancing.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
na its actually kinda depressing. Cranking 10 hour grinds (occasional BOS) and then just watching youtube for a bit = day over. No social life, no nothing (everyones grinding). Trapped in the house all day.

It's lonely at the top.

Hopefully things change lol.
Oh you meant at home lol. Yeah I guess. But I do like the routine.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Honestly for me, having graduated last year, I look back at graduation and our formal as two of the most memorable experiences of the entire year. Graduation was great because it was the last day before not seeing each other for a month until HSC exams, until which everyone was going to be grinding their asses off for that month's duration. Formal was great differently because it was the first time seeing each other after HSC in a month and a bit. We were lucky though that the Covid restrictions has eased a bit at the end of last year, so we still could have our formal at a really nice venue with catering and dancing.
yo hows uni like?

Is it as depressing as a HSC grind? lol

uniqueusername1

HSC
Haha, no way near as bad as HSC. The pressure just isn't there to get maximum marks like is the case in uni. Heaps of time for socializing and making new friends
oh damn thats good to hear :)

Cause I don't think I can do 10 hour days for another 4 years.

icycledough

HSC
oh damn thats good to hear :)

Cause I don't think I can do 10 hour days for another 4 years.
Definitely don't need that many hours in uni. To be honest, you're best off just doing a few hours consistently per day (so you don't have to cram in right before an exam like you would be normally doing for HSC prep). Only time you need to grind is obviously before exams (probably 2 weeks before; but even then, you probably don't need 10 hour days)

uniqueusername1

HSC
Definitely don't need that many hours in uni. To be honest, you're best off just doing a few hours consistently per day (so you don't have to cram in right before an exam like you would be normally doing for HSC prep). Only time you need to grind is obviously before exams (probably 2 weeks before; but even then, you probably don't need 10 hour days)
oh damn thats good. Yea consistency is key.

icycledough

HSC
Imagine being extroverted :rolleyes: can’t relate lol. Introverted until I know you hahaha.
Honestly, going to university helps you with stepping out of your comfort zone. In high school, you're peers with people very similar to you (especially if you go to a selective school, everyone is very academically gifted, depending on where your school is located there may be majority ethnic groups). Introverted was the best adjective to describe me during high school, but university kind of forces you to interact with pretty much strangers when you first meet them, but over time, you get to build friendships with these people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)