Year 12-Changing from Economics to Geography plausable? (1 Viewer)

Brad1549

Premium Member
HSC
Hey everyone.

I'm in Year 12 HSC, and I'm finally deciding to drop Economics - I've put so much effort into this subject and the marks I've been hoping for just aren't coming back. The problem is, I'm on 10 units, and dropping Eco would take me down to 8.

So, I need to pick up something - Geography. I've always wanted to do Geography since day one, and I've finally decided to give it a go.

Do you guys think I could catch up with the rest of the crowd? Obviously I missed on on Term 4 last year of Year 12, so there is an entire topic to catch up on. However, with a tutor two times a week, as well as going to Sydney Uni seminars+summaries (of the entire course), do you think I could get up to speed?

Or is the Preliminary Course extremely important for Year 12 Geography? I know it's not assessed, and the skills learned from Year 11 I could easily learn quickly... But do you think I could cope?

All opinions welcome, thanks for reading this!

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Purely based on BOS, you wont be able to start the course almost a term and a half into year 12.

You may have been able to start it beginning of year 12 but not now.

If you don't have enough units then you might just have to keep economics.

ilikebeeef

HSC
Purely based on BOS, you wont be able to start the course almost a term and a half into year 12.

You may have been able to start it beginning of year 12 but not now.

If you don't have enough units then you might just have to keep economics.
+1. I don't think you can do an HSC course without the Prelim counterpart. Prelims are a pre-requisite, unfortunately. But if you really want to make sure, ask your teacher-in-charge.

madsam

God among men
HSC
Unless you are considering doing pathways, then all i have to say to you is this, "What are you, fucking retarded?"

ilikebeeef

HSC
Unless you are considering doing pathways, then all i have to say to you is this, "What are you, fucking retarded?"
Have you no sympathy for a student who regrets doing a certain subject? You clearly don't understand how one feels when this happens to them. I've been in this situation (in Year 11) and it was shit.

Last edited:

Funkifrog

HSC
Ya give the kid a break he posted this for advice not a cyba-bashing ok its just not cool.

Listen kid as the others said before you can't do a HSC course with out the prelim and even if you could you wouldn't be able to change this late in the game. I do both and if you could change I think you MIGHT be able to catch up but it would be friging hard. Stick with eco. I no it is hard I hate it but stick it out and maybe get a tutor or something if you need anymore help give us a yell we can study notes swap or something. lol

good luck.

harrisonmiller

HSC
Ya give the kid a break he posted this for advice not a cyba-bashing ok its just not cool.

Listen kid as the others said before you can't do a HSC course with out the prelim and even if you could you wouldn't be able to change this late in the game. I do both and if you could change I think you MIGHT be able to catch up but it would be friging hard. Stick with eco. I no it is hard I hate it but stick it out and maybe get a tutor or something if you need anymore help give us a yell we can study notes swap or something. lol

good luck.
Interested in swapping Geography study notes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)