Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The p00n thread

I do not think I'll get a 99.7 ATAR, even in a miraculous circumstance. I screwed up one of my half yearly exams BADLY (I have not gotten the result but you know when you have screwed something - 70 for Business easily) - but I'm quite sure that I got a b5 - 6 for everything else. Easily 95 for Legal, was the best exam ever.
Kno dat f33l of 99.7 being a miracle :haha: Yeah, I'm in the same boat but if I can pull it off... It'd be nice.. but probs won't unless I don't choke at all from now on (i.e. Year 11 god-mode form)

Well, everyone chokes. I mean it happens to me heaps so yeah.

And you never know. Basically you didn't do shit or you didn't do good until proven so.

Like for my 3U maffs HY, I was confident as fuck. I was like ''yes mutha facker, gonna rip dis shit'' after the exam that is... then I get a pretty 'meh' result (crap by my standards).
Meanwhile for Economics HY, I was like... ''I screwed up... was my worst exam during exam week'' --> Nek minnit I top the grade with 28/30. 2nd got 26 and around 60ish+ people in my cohort.

But then again, I knew I stuffed up Adv Eng a bit... which I did kinda... (hopin for a 14/15 or 15/15.. got 13/15 --> heaps of people got 14s and 15s so hmmm)

So yeah in the end, neva kno. I've gotten my HY results for everything except Business hahaha so I'm anxious for my result too. (I think I did well... but confidence hasn't always served me well). Had a dream that I only got 11/20 for my business marketing report so not a good sign at all~~~

But mirin your confidence for Legal son.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

I really have no hesitance in admitting that I did burn out after the conclusion of term 4...

I studied excessively everyday, till I wasted everything in me, reaching this enigmatic point of no stress in term 1 (term 2) and no work ethic at all

starshine02

HSC

Tbh SS02, there is just this incomprehensible notion when it comes to my study...

Term 2 (last) - I really did the bare minimum all term. There was probably like two or three days where I did more than 4 hours, and that was because of excess homework. I have had this weird thing over the last term, where I never feel stressed for some reason, no matter what. I remember messaging you on facebook about starting my English creative two days before the exam day (I also had business on this day)

Overall in HY
Eng: I owned this, I spent two all days, with no sleep on the second day (I did an all-nighter) finishing this portfolio thing we had to hand in (10% weighting) and doing the actual exam on the day (seen - exam, I memorized my essay and creative, but the creative had some additions as I was writing - to its betterment) - high band 5 - b6

Bus: This was two hours after English. I did no study for this, hence expecting band 4, or even possibly band 3...

Biology: I printed out notes directly after the business exam for the biology exam the next day. I came home, read them and slept at approximately 1AM (bearing in mind that I hadn't slept for approxi. 30 hours by that point) - I went in there, everything I read over was just regurgitated and I got great answers out - 85ish for this

SOR: I had the afternoon to sleep, then I had the whole next day to study. I owned this, low 90's or high 80's in worst

Legal: I had 6 days to study for this. The subject which I'm most confident due to genuine interest, and the school decides to schedule it as the last exam!!!!!! It was even on the afternoon of the day!!!! 95

Sorry for ls :(
For limited study, the results you got are still pretty alright! The only subject which you did worse in was just business, which you aren't really sure of either. Otherwise all your other subjects are still looking good because still b5/6 :) So it's still recoverable for the trials! And even if you don't study that much, you at least do the hw which can help retain info?

I just got lazy with all my extra englishes after assessments and took the easy way out and dropped them cos I felt my mark/rank wasn't as great as what I was expecting (for 3u) and cos I cbb reading one of the texts. I thought if I had less units I'd focus more time on studying but that's not really the case cos I think I've been enjoying my holidays wayyy too much.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

Kno dat f33l of 99.7 being a miracle :haha: Yeah, I'm in the same boat but if I can pull it off... It'd be nice.. but probs won't unless I don't choke at all from now on (i.e. Year 11 god-mode form)

Well, everyone chokes. I mean it happens to me heaps so yeah.

And you never know. Basically you didn't do shit or you didn't do good until proven so.

Like for my 3U maffs HY, I was confident as fuck. I was like ''yes mutha facker, gonna rip dis shit'' after the exam that is... then I get a pretty 'meh' result (crap by my standards).
Meanwhile for Economics HY, I was like... ''I screwed up... was my worst exam during exam week'' --> Nek minnit I top the grade with 28/30. 2nd got 26 and around 60ish+ people in my cohort.

But then again, I knew I stuffed up Adv Eng a bit... which I did kinda... (hopin for a 14/15 or 15/15.. got 13/15 --> heaps of people got 14s and 15s so hmmm)

So yeah in the end, neva kno. I've gotten my HY results for everything except Business hahaha so I'm anxious for my result too. (I think I did well... but confidence hasn't always served me well). Had a dream that I only got 11/20 for my business marketing report so not a good sign at all~~~

But mirin your confidence for Legal son.
It really frustrates me that I could have gotten a band 6 for Business if I had an extra day to study...

I remember the teacher at the interview saying "I cannot wait till I mark your paper", built on the fact that I got 24/25 for the first task.

Now, I'm going to be ashamed when I see my band 3-4 and she's probably going to think I'm not a good student either, so there's a level of frustration associated with that...

I get this adrenaline rush when I study legal, I always want to probe deeper, watch videos on a certain topic, research development of statutes etc... whereas for everything else, it is like, when is the studying going to end? Y'know...

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Tbh SS02, there is just this incomprehensible notion when it comes to my study...

Term 2 (last) - I really did the bare minimum all term. There was probably like two or three days where I did more than 4 hours, and that was because of excess homework. I have had this weird thing over the last term, where I never feel stressed for some reason, no matter what. I remember messaging you on facebook about starting my English creative two days before the exam day (I also had business on this day) - with regards to this, I even remember asking madharris for his creative! Did not end up using it, though

Overall in HY
Eng: I owned this, I spent two all days, with no sleep on the second day (I did an all-nighter) finishing this portfolio thing we had to hand in (10% weighting) and doing the actual exam on the day (seen - exam, I memorized my essay and creative, but the creative had some additions as I was writing - to its betterment) - high band 5 - b6

Bus: This was two hours after English. I did no study for this, hence expecting band 4, or even possibly band 3...

Biology: I printed out notes directly after the business exam for the biology exam the next day. I came home, read them and slept at approximately 1AM (bearing in mind that I hadn't slept for approxi. 30 hours by that point) - I went in there, everything I read over was just regurgitated and I got great answers out - 85ish for this

SOR: I had the afternoon to sleep, then I had the whole next day to study. I owned this, low 90's or high 80's in worst

Legal: I had 6 days to study for this. The subject which I'm most confident due to genuine interest, and the school decides to schedule it as the last exam!!!!!! It was even on the afternoon of the day!!!! 95

Sorry for ls :(
You'll be fine brah. I was half-BoSing and half-studying before half of my exams.

Still survived.

Still on track for my possible all-rounders.

And hahaha your business situation was similar to mine.

Business was around 1.5 hours after the end of my 3U exam.

I spent most of my night before practising 3U (which was pree useless in the end) instead of memorising my marketing report.

In the morning, I spent maybe 1 hour max on memorising the report but still practised mainly for 3U.

Then after 3U, spent 1 hour on memorising the report. So yeah, I couldn't memorise as much as I usually do (forgot some bits --> more than I usually do :haha:)

Report was around 1300~ words.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

For limited study, the results you got are still pretty alright! The only subject which you did worse in was just business, which you aren't really sure of either. Otherwise all your other subjects are still looking good because still b5/6 :) So it's still recoverable for the trials! And even if you don't study that much, you at least do the hw which can help retain info?

I just got lazy with all my extra englishes after assessments and took the easy way out and dropped them cos I felt my mark/rank wasn't as great as what I was expecting (for 3u) and cos I cbb reading one of the texts. I thought if I had less units I'd focus more time on studying but that's not really the case cos I think I've been enjoying my holidays wayyy too much.
Much to my expectation, I believe I was very, very naive when I chose my subjects in year 10. I was barely scraping 15 years old and not listening to any of my surroundings. I was a very misinformed individual as to how the HSC worked because the teachers made it into something that it is not...

If I were to go again, I would probably pick up economics as my 6th subject, because doing 10 units feels very uncomfortable. (I did general maths before - I should not have dropped this either, in retrospect)

I would probably change business to modern history as well. The subject itself is uninteresting, and I'm genuine when I make such a statement, it is not just because I am frustrated at it...

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

It really frustrates me that I could have gotten a band 6 for Business if I had an extra day to study...

I remember the teacher at the interview saying "I cannot wait till I mark your paper", built on the fact that I got 24/25 for the first task.

Now, I'm going to be ashamed when I see my band 3-4 and she's probably going to think I'm not a good student either, so there's a level of frustration associated with that...

I get this adrenaline rush when I study legal, I always want to probe deeper, watch videos on a certain topic, research development of statutes etc... whereas for everything else, it is like, when is the studying going to end? Y'know...
Brah, I feel your frustration. I feel the pain of it. I know it.

I came 3rd in Year 11 English out of about 150~ kids (everyone does adv in yr 11 but around 20 move down to standard by yr 12).

Now I'm probs top 25 out of 125+ kids at BEST for year 12 English.

I came 5th in yr 11 MX1 --> first MX1 task for yr 12 I came 51st (biggest choke of my life) and MX1 HY, I think I came top 40 at best.

I came 2nd in yr 11 business, came 8th in yr 12 first task (but it had small weighting and not much difference so if I score 20/20 for my marketing report [hoping I do], I probs can regain the ranking). We'll see, it'll all depend on this marketing report to see if I can recover my year 11 mode.

So yeah, basically impossible to recover and attain my yr 11 ''god-mode'' again for the 2 most important subs. (sure I can still achieve low 90s but yeah, looks like I just god-moded Year 11 [temporary dominance] for nothing :haha: my luck ran out or my ''run'' ended)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

You'll be fine brah. I was half-BoSing and half-studying before half of my exams.

Still survived.

Still on track for my possible all-rounders.

And hahaha your business situation was similar to mine.

Business was around 1.5 hours after the end of my 3U exam.

I spent most of my night before practising 3U (which was pree useless in the end) instead of memorising my marketing report.

In the morning, I spent maybe 1 hour max on memorising the report but still practised mainly for 3U.

Then after 3U, spent 1 hour on memorising the report. So yeah, I couldn't memorise as much as I usually do (forgot some bits --> more than I usually do :haha:)

Report was around 1300~ words.
I hope so bro.

My whole business class did terribly as well, as they were faced with the same situation. There was probably five kids out of fifty who were prepared, so I hope my rank is not too low...

factoring in that I got 24/25 for the first task, too...

There was this one kid. Honestly, he knew every statistic for Qantas with relevance to finance, where I instead, made my case study up...

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

I came 3rd in Year 11 English out of about 150~ kids (everyone does adv in yr 11 but around 20 move down to standard by yr 12).

I came 5th in yr 11 MX1 --> first MX1 task for yr 12 I came 51st (biggest choke of my life) and MX1 HY, I think I came top 40 at best.

I came 2nd in yr 11 business, came 8th in yr 12 first task (but it had small weighting and not much difference so if I score 20/20 for my marketing report [hoping I do], I probs can regain the ranking). We'll see, it'll all depend on this marketing report to see if I can recover my year 11 mode.

So yeah, basically impossible to recover and attain my yr 11 ''god-mode'' again for the 2 most important subs. (sure I can still achieve low 90s but yeah, looks like I just god-moded Year 11 [temporary dominance] for nothing :haha: my luck ran out or my ''run'' ended)

Preliminary was amazing.

A fond memory, indeed.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Much to my expectation, I believe I was very, very naive when I chose my subjects in year 10. I was barely scraping 15 years old and not listening to any of my surroundings. I was a very misinformed individual as to how the HSC worked because the teachers made it into something that it is not...

If I were to go again, I would probably pick up economics as my 6th subject, because doing 10 units feels very uncomfortable. (I did general maths before - I should not have dropped this either, in retrospect)

I would probably change business to modern history as well. The subject itself is uninteresting, and I'm genuine when I make such a statement, it is not just because I am frustrated at it...
Well, business isn't the most interesting course but when you look at real life case studies, you might develop 'some' interest at least.

We all have regrets at times. But oh well, can't do much about it except to live with it.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

Well, business isn't the most interesting course but when you look at real life case studies, you might develop 'some' interest at least.

We all have regrets at times. But oh well, can't do much about it except to live with it.
Exactly right.

I just want HSC to be over, I hate the unnecessary over-hype encircling every aspect of it, and I have had enough of conforming to wog parental expectations, as you may feel (generalising here but it is prob. true lol) with your Asian parents.

My dad thinks I can get a 99 ATAR and for a long, long time, he thought that only the final exams counted...

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Preliminary was amazing.

A fond memory, indeed.
Yeah, it was my best academic 'run' since Year 6 (when I duxed my primary).

Legit, god-mode. (but even my god-mode couldn't get me any 1sts in any sub :haha: since it was 5th in MX1, tied 4th for eco, 3rd for engrish, 2nd for business... when I think about it holy shit, I'm still wondering how it even happened.. It's like fackin Roger Federer in 2006 or Novak Djokovic in 2011 or Rafael Nadal in 2010)

Yeah that's like me and Economics. Sometimes I wish all I have to do for HSC was Eco + Business all day. (just wanna do social science for life)

But yeah brah, I get ya.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC

RoT, you can and will recover your god mode- evolve like Aizen to become the supreme being :haha:

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Exactly right.

I just want HSC to be over, I hate the unnecessary over-hype encircling every aspect of it, and I have had enough of conforming to wog parental expectations, as you may feel (generalising here but it is prob. true lol) with your Asian parents.

My dad thinks I can get a 99 ATAR and for a long, long time, he thought that only the final exams counted...
Nah my parents' expectations ain't that bad. Sure, my mum and dad might expect a really high ATAR but they even said, ''As long as you get into university, we don't care what you plan to do. We'll support you all the way''. So if I wanted to be a teacher, mum would be like ''sure go ahead''. But obviously, I wanna do something with Commerce so hmmm. (If not Comm/law then comm/engo or comm/eco). My parents aren't as bad as some of my friends. Some of my friends... their parents would kick them out of the house if they did shit hahaha.

AHAHA ABOUT YOUR DAD. I remember after my biggest choke in MX1 (and maths in general) ever [first yr 12 task], my dad was like ''stop worrying about it, all that counts is the very final exam''. (yeah sure its encouragement but he doesn't realise the importance of internals)

lol wish HSC was over too but still 3 more waves of assessments.

Next wave then trials then HSC.

Soon enuf I guess.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

Nah my parents' expectations ain't that bad. Sure, my mum and dad might expect a really high ATAR but they even said, ''As long as you get into university, we don't care what you plan to do. We'll support you all the way''. So if I wanted to be a teacher, mum would be like ''sure go ahead''. But obviously, I wanna do something with Commerce so hmmm. (If not Comm/law then comm/engo or comm/eco). My parents aren't as bad as some of my friends. Some of my friends... their parents would kick them out of the house if they did shit hahaha.

AHAHA ABOUT YOUR DAD. I remember after my biggest choke in MX1 (and maths in general) ever [first yr 12 task], my dad was like ''stop worrying about it, all that counts is the very final exam''. (yeah sure its encouragement but he doesn't realise the importance of internals)

lol wish HSC was over too but still 3 more waves of assessments.

Next wave then trials then HSC.

Soon enuf I guess.
My dad has come to a point where he has this "I know you'll do well" attitude, that he does not care if he sees me procrastinating or going out unnecessarily. I told him I'm doing comm/law at UWS and he's really happy for me, so there's no troubles there.

If the usyd/nsw cut-off was something like 95, I would definitely be studying. I think .7 or .65 is extreme tbh.

I hope I am a more adjusted student in university, because I really hate the concept of high school...

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

RoT, you can and will recover your god mode- evolve like Aizen to become the supreme being :haha:
I'd rather become Ichigo when he turns into Getsuga himself.

But then that doesn't last too long aye? (just like my temporary year 11 form)

We'll see Kuro. At least, I still have some 'inspiration' left through topping Year 12 eco HY. God-mode'ing something at least once is better than nothing.

Maybe, I can become godmode Natsu :haha: (when he eats the etherion for Dragon Force)

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC

I'd rather become Ichigo when he turns into Getsuga himself.

But then that doesn't last too long aye? (just like my temporary year 11 form)

We'll see Kuro. At least, I still have some 'inspiration' left through topping Year 12 eco HY. God-mode'ing something at least once is better than nothing.

Maybe, I can become godmode Natsu :haha: (when he eats the etherion for Dragon Force)
Second Origin evolution brah. It seems like a permanent hiatus :cold:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)